2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

natsulian

Final Flight
Well Emily didnt get ther TES minimum for the FS so she's automatically out for SR worlds.. Madeline or Alison will go.. I am assuming Gabby is a no go? Although at this point.. I'd still send her TBH. You literally cant get in a worse scenario right now. lol.
Emily already has her TES minimum for the FS, it was the SP where she needed to get the TES minimum and she accomplished her goal. However, seeing as she’s been struggling to produce a clean skate, I don’t think she’ll be sent to Sr. Worlds.

AlinaRina

Rinkside
Well Emily didnt get ther TES minimum for the FS so she's automatically out for SR worlds.. Madeline or Alison will go.. I am assuming Gabby is a no go? Although at this point.. I'd still send her TBH. You literally cant get in a worse scenario right now. lol.

Emily already has her FS minimums, she was only missing her SP minimums, which she got at this competition. Regardless, I think your assumption is correct. Maddie and Alison for SW and JW.

Ziotic

Medalist
Emily already has her FS minimums, she was only missing her SP minimums, which she got at this competition. Regardless, I think your assumption is correct. Maddie and Alison for SW and JW.

Kaiya has already been names to JW, and rightly so. Alicia has already been names to SW.

There is one spot left for each and it’s between Maddie, Alison and Emily. All have TES for both.

AlinaRina

Rinkside
Kaiya has already been names to JW, and rightly so. Alicia has already been names to SW.

There is one spot left for each and it’s between Maddie, Alison and Emily. All have TES for both.

Sorry, I meant that one of Maddie and Alison were going to get each of the remaining spots for JW and SW, not that both would go to both. I worded it the way I did because it's impossible to say who SC is going to send to which.

Shani

On the Ice
My guess is that Madeline will go to Senior Worlds and Emily to Junior Worlds as Madeline has a better chance of making the freeskate at Seniors. Emily as National Champion has earned her ticket to Junior Worlds. Both ladies need more international competitions for experience but Madeline seems to be handling her nerves better and so Canada has a better chance of retaining 2 spots with her at Senior Worlds. I am sure they can enter Alison in some international comps for experience also before the Fall. We will find out very soon as their press release said the decision was today and the Senior world entries are due.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Emily already has her TES minimum for the FS, it was the SP where she needed to get the TES minimum and she accomplished her goal. However, seeing as she’s been struggling to produce a clean skate, I don’t think she’ll be sent to Sr. Worlds.

Oh I thought it was the other way around. I thought she had it for the SP and not the FS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My guess is that Madeline will go to Senior Worlds and Emily to Junior Worlds as Madeline has a better chance of making the freeskate at Seniors. Emily as National Champion has earned her ticket to Junior Worlds. Both ladies need more international competitions for experience but Madeline seems to be handling her nerves better and so Canada has a better chance of retaining 2 spots with her at Senior Worlds. I am sure they can enter Alison in some international comps for experience also before the Fall. We will find out very soon as their press release said the decision was today and the Senior world entries are due.

I agree with your assessment but I do think these ladies are all very lucky. The unluckiest one will probably be Allison S. Emily was not too convincing. I appreciate they are doing their best but this is a very weak team. They are young so that might give some help -but not so great when you consider them against the Russians lol or rika.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Emily must go to JW, at least she is in the last two groups to skate the SP. That should help her some, altho PCS is going to be a problem---Valieva, Liu, and Wi are also in that group. What would help Emily most is a coaching change.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Interesting. Emily and Madeline are listed as substitutes.
They were always on the list, Skate Canada initially listed Emily as the second and then other two as substitutes, but announced that the second spot was really a TBD.

Ziotic

Medalist
They were always on the list, Skate Canada initially listed Emily as the second and then other two as substitutes, but announced that the second spot was really a TBD.

I kinda think that means Maddie is getting Sr worlds as she should have at least gotten JW if not SR.

But Emily’s last two scores were below Alison so it makes sense.

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
It makes me wonder (and I have no evidence for this) if Emily may not be injured in some way. Her skating in the JGP was also pretty good (in addition to Cdn nationals) so she is really struggling now compared to a few months ago. If true, I wish her the best as I believe she has a good future.

nadster

Final Flight
I do not see Emily going further ahead unless she changes coach. McLeod students often learn bad technique so while they can do jumps, they have to be muscled and never look effortless. Her students often learn jumps earlier but the technique catches up to them at senior level

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am really surprised Allison got Jr. Worlds. Looks like Madi will get worlds and the National champ may be out of luck.

I am sure Michael Slipchuk must be tearing out his hair. Of course he has to put up a good front but the pressure with olympics two years away and knowing Canada is or was u sually a shooin for a team medal and now they might even have issues make the final five teams let alone they don't have any clear medal favorite team. Pairs and dance are still a bit of a long shot = maybe in dance but as easy as it is for them to ge a bronze it is equally as easy for them to get sixth.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I was rooting for Madeline, but I guess SC really did just want Emily to get the minimums.

So it more or less follows the results at nationals.