2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
3. L and L?
Honorable mention S and F - sadly they have struggled the last season and this year so far after so much hope
Carolane & Shane currently have the higher season's best, and by a not-insignificant margin. Granted, the 110+ (with a fall!) FD score that they got at the U.S. Classic is a decided outlier for them, but it nevertheless was given, and until we see them compete more we won't know whether it was indeed an outlier or reflects a new general baseline.

I'd also expect Marjorie & Zach's scores to increase (not just once Marjorie doesn't have a twizzle error), as they already did in the RD at Finlandia compared to Lombardia. They could easily gain the upper hand going forward, especially as I think Skate Canada views them as a key long-term asset and that means things would probably break their way if it was close. But for the time being, I'd say they're fourth.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, I glanced at their ISU bios, and Roman is at least 26 cm (!) taller than Shoma. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3iWbnQJTlX/ I say at least because Skate Canada, Tracy Wilson and Roman himself claim that he's 6'1", but he's listed as 184 cm by the ISU, which is 6' 1/2", so I'm not sure which one is correct.

:laugh2: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3h9xyGJGrV/ Roman even left a comment, which is "������".

If I ever get a photo with both Joseph Phan and Matthew Markell, I'd also be the emperor penguin chick (heck, Matt has already talked down to me like I'm a child :p ).

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :) https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/1183736731943747590

Look at the height difference between Shoma Uno and Roman; I can totally relate to the former in this snapshot because that's my exact facial expression whenever I'm around tall people :p : https://twitter.com/japaneseperson/status/1183169530459234310

I have a friend who doesn't follow figure skating, but when she saw this picture, she said that it looked like a cute Hobbit meeting a pretty Elf for the first time! :rofl: (J.R.R. Tolkein describes his Elves as being at least 6 ft tall, beautiful and elegant, so that describes Roman perfectly. ;) )

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, I glanced at their ISU bios, and Roman is at least 26 cm (!) taller than Shoma. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3iWbnQJTlX/ I say at least because Skate Canada, Tracy Wilson and Roman himself claim that he's 6'1", but he's listed as 184 cm by the ISU, which is 6' 1/2", so I'm not sure which one is correct.

:laugh2: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3h9xyGJGrV/ Roman even left a comment, which is "������".

If I ever get a photo with both Joseph Phan and Matthew Markell, I'd also be the emperor penguin chick (heck, Matt has already talked down to me like I'm a child :p ).

That photo is hilarious :D

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Team Canada at the Warsaw Cup, even bigger than previously believed:

Joseph Phan
Aurora Cotop
Emily Bausback
Alison Schumacher
Justine Brasseur & Mark Bardei
Lori-Ann Matte & Thierry Ferland
Nadine Wang & Francis Boudreau-Audet
Alicia Fabbri & Paul Ayer

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Team Canada at the Warsaw Cup, even bigger than previously believed:

Joseph Phan
Aurora Cotop
Emily Bausback
Alison Schumacher
Justine Brasseur & Mark Bardei
Lori-Ann Matte & Thierry Ferland
Nadine Wang & Francis Boudreau-Audet
Alicia Fabbri & Paul Ayer

This is good news for Canadian skating. If Canada wants to plan for the f uture they need to invest now. Mind you sometimes it is a bit of the luck of the draw as to ebbs and flows in respect to talent.

Did anyone see the The Skating Lesson discussion of Roman and Gabby? Interesting commentary. I still hope we see huge progress from Gabby in a couple of weeks.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Carolane & Shane currently have the higher season's best, and by a not-insignificant margin. Granted, the 110+ (with a fall!) FD score that they got at the U.S. Classic is a decided outlier for them, but it nevertheless was given, and until we see them compete more we won't know whether it was indeed an outlier or reflects a new general baseline.

I'd also expect Marjorie & Zach's scores to increase (not just once Marjorie doesn't have a twizzle error), as they already did in the RD at Finlandia compared to Lombardia. They could easily gain the upper hand going forward, especially as I think Skate Canada views them as a key long-term asset and that means things would probably break their way if it was close. But for the time being, I'd say they're fourth.

It should be a good battle. I agree L and L in particular will have scores that increase. It is just last year I expected S and F to do battle with the Danadians iand it was kind fo like a highway driving pass - a car smoothl passes by as though S and F weren't even moving or putting up a battle.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good luck to everybody at Skate America tomorrow. Last season Canadian competitors won 4 Grand Prix medals total, only one of them outside SCI. I think Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen are likely to take bronze here, so that'll be a good start to bettering that; Keegan is one of like a half-dozen guys in the mix for the two medals below Nathan's presumptive gold.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:eek:topic:

Canadians.....Do you know what Emauel Sandhu is up to these days? I used to love watching him skate.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good luck to everybody at Skate America tomorrow. Last season Canadian competitors won 4 Grand Prix medals total, only one of them outside SCI. I think Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen are likely to take bronze here, so that'll be a good start to bettering that; Keegan is one of like a half-dozen guys in the mix for the two medals below Nathan's presumptive gold.

Does anyone know how Keegan is doing? Did he resume skating quickly after the death of his brother. I can only imagine how hard that is. I hope this is his year. I love his skating. Actually I love his relationship or bro ship with Nam. I wish they could send both to worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At the Halloween Cup, in Junior Ladies:

Emma BULAWKA is in 7th place after the SP with 3t+2t, 3lo<<↓, 2a and 43.79 (but only 2.17 out of 3rd place).
Emily MILLARD is in 11th place with 3z<↓-nc, 3lo, 2a< and 40.83.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Per the ISU today, next season's JGP circuit will include a stop in Richmond (the opening event, in fact). In general I think that there should always be a JGP in North America, rotating between Canada and the US (unless they decide to do another event in Mexico on occasion as well).