2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 83 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Heavenly Joy

Spectator
Good morning Canucks!

I came across this YouTube channel that features primarily Canadian Nationals from 1991-1999 so far...

I went back in time and I watched Emanuel Sandhu. He was such a wonderful skater, ballet on ice. Thank you Lagboat for the links!

I'm glad you like my channel. I've wanted for a long time to start putting my videos on YouTube and finally got around to it. I'm trying to prioritize videos that aren't already on there, so I'm starting with Canadians, as it seemed like that was a big hole. I'm hoping to eventually get most of it up though.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad you like my channel. I've wanted for a long time to start putting my videos on YouTube and finally got around to it. I'm trying to prioritize videos that aren't already on there, so I'm starting with Canadians, as it seemed like that was a big hole. I'm hoping to eventually get most of it up though.

Great first post. Thanks for the videos. :thank:
Post often.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Love her! Kaetlyn's PJ Kwong's interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHs40P7D7Y&feature=youtu.be

Her top 3 fav. programs, ever;

1. Kaitlyn & Andrew - Je Suis Malade
2. Tessa & Scott - Carmen ''and that's not fair as I skated to Carmen that year''
3. Piper & Paul - Starry Night (and Piper is so creative)

On the Osmond Way, who doesn't love coffee, Nutella (once a year), animals and shelters. And missing the show season and everyone.

On getting through confinement, remember to smile and have respect for others at this moment. Do what you can for others.

One of my favorite responses ever in skating, said PJ, was from KO in 2015 after her return, then disaster at SC, KO stated, "If you had done anything but try, the success was in the failure. The more you try the more you move forward."

She is a Rock Star from "the Rock". Mic drop.

O4G

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I love your channel! I had been looking for many of these videos for awhile. I used to watch Nationals on CBC, but could never see TSN since I am on the US side of he border. So many wonderful skaters that needed to be seen. So many wonderful Canadian pairs - more to that group than just Brasseur & Eisler and Sale & Pelletier. You really get a sense of their personal stories when you see the scope of their careers. Jeff Buttle at age 17 was quite the treat.

I also enjoyed watching videos of Ravi Walia, Fedor Andreev Jeffrey Buttle and Emanuel Sandhu battling for the Canadian titles. Loved seeing Karen Preston, Josee Chouinard, Lisa Sargeant & Susan Humphreys battle for the ladies title. Seeing Toller do ice dance brought back wonderful memories and fabulous new ideas. And all that Marie-France & Patrice footage...

Bravo!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can understand Olivia's retirement. I found her partnership with Cory puzzling, as they seemed to have zero chemistry. When they skated together, Cory never seemed to look directly at her, only above her head. And at one point after their FD had finished, she turned and spoke to him, but he just waved his arm at her dismissively and skated away. In the KnC, they never looked at or spoke to one another, even when they got good results.

xox

On the Ice
Love her! Kaetlyn's PJ Kwong's interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHs40P7D7Y&feature=youtu.be

Her top 3 fav. programs, ever;

1. Kaitlyn & Andrew - Je Suis Malade
2. Tessa & Scott - Carmen ''and that's not fair as I skated to Carmen that year''
3. Piper & Paul - Starry Night (and Piper is so creative)

On the Osmond Way, who doesn't love coffee, Nutella (once a year), animals and shelters. And missing the show season and everyone.

On getting through confinement, remember to smile and have respect for others at this moment. Do what you can for others.

One of my favorite responses ever in skating, said PJ, was from KO in 2015 after her return, then disaster at SC, KO stated, "If you had done anything but try, the success was in the failure. The more you try the more you move forward."

She is a Rock Star from "the Rock". Mic drop.

O4G

The Best. Amazing

mrrice

Record Breaker
Canadians...Is Cynthia Phaneuf still skating shows? I feel like I haven't seen her in quite a while.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Canadians...Is Cynthia Phaneuf still skating shows? I feel like I haven't seen her in quite a while.
Cynthia married a hockey player and had three kids, so she hasn't been involved in show skating for a bit; they were living in Russia for a few years while he played in the KHL, but I believe he's retired now, so I'd assume they're back in Canada, though I don't know more than that.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Sadly no mrrice, but we still have fond memories of yet another Canadian woman with speed, huge jumps, maturity to pull of program, polished presentation, power and attack. Yet with so much grace and audience appeal. How I miss this style of women's skating versus the just teens, robotic nature we see today.

Just look at the footwork section and listen to her blades. No russian baby could even come close to these presentation skills, nor Ashley's, Caro's or Kaetlyn's either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywvqHmOpmsE

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Cynthia married a hockey player and had three kids, so she hasn't been involved in show skating for a bit; they were living in Russia for a few years while he played in the KHL, but I believe he's retired now, so I'd assume they're back in Canada, though I don't know more than that.

They are back in Quebec. Her husband hosts a tv show on RDS (sports channel) with Bruno Gervais (who participated in the last edition of Battle of the Blades with Katia Gordeeva) called Max & Bruno.