2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
JGP soon to begin, pop in to check out the new (ok, new to me) forum award. All my favourites retired, maybe I shall join the prediction game this season without worrying jinxing :p

mrrice

Record Breaker
Such elegant lines, and her refinement in many ways reminds me of Kaetlyn. She def. has an "IT" girl factor going on. I look forward to seeing her progress in 2019-20.

She definitely has that star quality that Kaetlyn had/has. She has some big shoes to fill if she's going to match our dream girl but, I wish her the best. Where's her triple Lutz ?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
BillNeal has always had great taste, and these two are def. performers, and ones to watch.

Appreciate CG and O4G for the M/G shoutouts.

Btw O4G, guess who was watching the pairs competition at the Scotiabank Pond? Kaetlyn Osmond was there cheering Trent on, as well as the other pairs. Actually, not sure if it was apparent in the stream but it was great to see how much support and applause the pairs (from pre-novice to seniors) got from fellow skaters, their parents, and fans in the rink (the most of all disciplines).

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
She has the grace, but need lots of hard work on her power to achieve Kaetlyn's level. Best wishes...

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Btw O4G, guess who was watching the pairs competition at the Scotiabank Pond? Kaetlyn Osmond was there cheering Trent on, as well as the other pairs. Actually, not sure if it was apparent in the stream but it was great to see how much support and applause the pairs (from pre-novice to seniors) got from fellow skaters, their parents, and fans in the rink (the most of all disciplines).
It was definitely apparent on the stream. You could hear people shouting encouragement during the performances, even.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am posting both here and in US pairs because I have no idea who they are skating for:

Deanna Stellato is officially skating with Maxime Deschamps, according to the entries for Souvenir Georges Ëthier from a report on FSU.:eek:

I am hopeless at linking on my iPad, sorry :hopelessness:

I don’t even know what kind of comp this is, a club comp, part of the summer series? Wowza!

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t even know what kind of comp this is, a club comp, part of the summer series? Wowza!

I'm not familiar with the Souvenir Georges Éthier comp, but it's not part of the National Summer Series (unless something has changed drastically while I was absent during the off-season).

Stellato & Deschamps are listed as representing Vaudreuil ( https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/u...des-participants-SGE-2019-15-août-2019-PM.pdf ), so that probably means they're skating for Canada?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Stellato & Deschamps are listed as representing Vaudreuil ( https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/u...des-participants-SGE-2019-15-août-2019-PM.pdf ), so that probably means they're skating for Canada?
There's often inconsistency in how foreign teams are labeled at these domestic competitions, but yeah, that seems like it leans that way.

It's weird to me that the USFSA would release Deanna. She's not a World medal contender or anything, but she's made three consecutive national championship podiums.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
There's often inconsistency in how foreign teams are labeled at these domestic competitions, but yeah, that seems like it leans that way.

It's weird to me that the USFSA would release Deanna. She's not a World medal contender or anything, but she's made three consecutive national championship podiums.

Well, USFS couldn't be bothered to assign Deanna and Nate to the 2019 4CC team despite having earned a spot on that team by winning bronze at Nats and sent the 4th place finishers instead. I think the writing was pretty much on the wall at that point.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I really loved Brooke Mcintosh and Brandon Toste. They have great charisma, huge twist and many other goods.

Balloon

On the Ice
I enjoyed the junior pair event at North York.
I thought the new teams stepped it up from Minto, I’m sure skate Canada is pleased with Andrew/Daleman deciding to send them out on a JGP after only 2months skating together, good for them, let’s see if they get a second assignment. I’m excited to see what they’ll bring on next.
Ferland/Carle are the young team and the only team to put out sbs triples, good job. She really seems to enjoy pairs, she don’t forget to smile.
Mcintosh/Toste, nice twist, just needing that catch. I enjoyed their performance in the short best, I think they still struggle with connection to each other and the music.
It’ll be interesting to see what the international panel scores out pair teams on the JGP.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Such elegant lines, and her refinement in many ways reminds me of Kaetlyn. She def. has an "IT" girl factor going on. I look forward to seeing her progress in 2019-20.

LOL I said the same thing a while ago when I saw her skate and then I found out she has the same coach as Kaetlyn. There is something about the Canadian ladies - they aren't your typical Miss America, lyrical skater. The top ones have a certain je ne sais quoi. Josee Chouinard no world or oly medal but capable had a cute and adorable personality and the trademark Canada huge jumps like Liz Manley, Joannie Rochette and Kaetlyn Osmond. They surprisingly have a wonderful liltandgrace but it is not typical. Amplitude and power describestheirskating andI think artistically they have not been fully appreciated. Aurora has a way to go but there is potential! Go Aurora.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not strictly about the 2019-20 season, but Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam are getting married. Showing once again that all through the V/M era there were plenty of actual ice dance couples that their shippers could follow instead, heh.