2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I definitely think Gabby would be capable of a quad toe when you look at how monstrous her 3Ts are! Unsure on the 3A for her though. Part of me does wonder if pushing herself to do quads is a good idea though and whether she should just get back to competing form and getting her triples solid

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Rumours are what they are, but I'm somewhat skeptical that she's going to suddenly be attempting two major jumps that she's never tried in competition before.

LRK

Record Breaker
Training them, with an eye toward integrating them into her programs eventually, may be a way for her to look forward and challenge herself. After the difficulties she's been through, just doing "the same old same old" may simply not be motivating enough.

Anyway, I wish Gabby the best of luck, with or without those jumps (though I confess I think it would be awesome if she could do it:)), and I hope to see her back to her best form this upcoming season.

skatenewbie

Medalist
She's been training 4T for a while though. I remeber she planned to do 4T in nats 2018 but she dismiss that plan and went with her usual content. I never seen any video of her attempting it, but if she planning to put it in competition she must have landed it few times/close to rotating it. skeptical about the 3A though, but she do have not bad 2A

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd prefer to see Gabby deliver clean/near clean programs with her current tech content before any quad attempts. It's important for her to show the judges she has regained her form.

abbykitty

Rinkside
From the ladies' quads thread:

"Gabby Daleman plans to do a 3A in her SP and a 4T in her Free according a skater who met Gabby today at a rink.

Stories:"

I can't wait (especially for the 4T)! :biggrin:

niceeee, so excited to see Gabby's new programs!!

does anybody know who this Canadian lady doing the 4S on a harness is:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzt8x-KliUe/

some 12-year old junior named Alexa something....never heard of her. apparently she has 3F, 3Lz, 3F-Eu-3S, 2A-Eu-3S, 3S-3T and 2A-3T as well...which is far more than most Canadian senior ladies right now. new unknown Canadian queen in training???

Ziotic

Medalist
So looking at the replacement list for ladies, when you remove the Russians who can only replace another Russian, Veronik sits at #9. So a pretty good shot of getting a second assignment, especially for IDF as they tend to invite French Canadians often.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any reports on training for any of the "big"name Canadians? Is Gabby fully healed? I know he isn't senior eligible but how is Golgolov doing? Messing? Nguyen? What about Luba and Charile?

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Does anyone have any reports on training for any of the "big"name Canadians? Is Gabby fully healed? I know he isn't senior eligible but how is Golgolov doing? Messing? Nguyen? What about Luba and Charile?

The Team Raf instagram posted a birthday celebration for Raf at the rink last week. Gogolev was there, so I assume he's there for the time being. I'm honestly still confused about the Raf/Barkell coaching situation for him.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I assume Alexa Mateev must be under 12 years old. I've just watched her skating at Canada challenge 2018 and she was quite good for pre-novice level.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice

Gabby just posted some clips of her skating, apparently only her second day of jumping since that crash at WTT... 3Lz and what I think is a 3T-3T, looks solid! But obviously practice form doesnt necessarily mean competition form, but I have everything crossed for her!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzv6iezBrj3/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Carol announces the first JGP assignments for Canadian dance teams; Irina & Grayson get JGP USA, while Nadiia & Peter are going to JGP Russia.

I'd guess Skate Canada's event page will be updated in the near future.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Gabby just posted some clips of her skating, apparently only her second day of jumping since that crash at WTT... 3Lz and what I think is a 3T-3T, looks solid! But obviously practice form doesnt necessarily mean competition form, but I have everything crossed for her!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzv6iezBrj3/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Feels a little improbable that she'd be jumping 3-3s in two days after such a long time off with a concussion. Regardless, good to see her jumping.

Balloon

On the Ice
Alexa is 13 this year, I saw her at sectionals last year and rotating the triples, so in Novice she was getting all the bonuses but not landing them in the long at sectionals. And Challenge she withdrew after the short (17th) I think she has potential but I think Ruiter is the young skater,

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Can Alexa jump to juniors? I guess she has all the triples. Of course I don't know hoe consistent they are. I am a happy owner of a ticket at Canadian Nationals:love: But I have a quite long wait.

Wow! Happy birthday Conrad!