2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I’m glad we figured it out - it was driving me nuts too, as was Shazam. It was so clearly Russian, so clearly a ballet or opera entr’acte, so....obscure!

But at least I ran across some good music and great performances while looking! :)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I’m glad we figured it out - it was driving me nuts too, as was Shazam. It was so clearly Russian, so clearly a ballet or opera entr’acte, so....obscure!

Yablochko is Bobrova & Soloviev's folk dance program music from the 2010 Olympic season. (Their breakthrough program). There have been links up for it this week actually along with her retirement announcement. A nice choice.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yablochko is Bobrova & Soloviev's folk dance program music from the 2010 Olympic season. (Their breakthrough program). There have been links up for it this week actually along with her retirement announcement. A nice choice.

Thanks for the info. I’m not so familiar with ice dance, and wasn’t aware of the B&S program in particular, but I really like the music and will be interested to see the program develop.

Someone posted on FSU that this program actually combines two pieces of music, the second of which is the grand waltz from Anyuta. The same combo also seems to have been used by Alexander Abt in his 2003 short program, but the vid I linked to above only identifies Yablochko.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Can Alexa jump to juniors? I guess she has all the triples. Of course I don't know hoe consistent they are. I am a happy owner of a ticket at Canadian Nationals:love: But I have a quite long wait.

Wow! Happy birthday Conrad!

Alexa Matveev is quite impressive. she is 13 and has all her triples and from her icexel result sheet she has only bombed twice in the past 2 years and in all compeitions and she's been in as a novice she's either won or placed 2nd except in two and in her first junior competition she placed first. Lot's of potential and she has alot of personality :) very excited for her.

Balloon

On the Ice
I hope to see Alexa compete with all the triples, I have saw Sal and Toes but not the others yet, seems to get marked under or downgrade. To keep up with Novice or Junior Ladies this season top ladies will need it. . Michelle Lee is 11 and is landing 3lz in Novice this year, and Kaiya is 12 will be on the JGP circuit.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m worried about Gabby Daleman. I don’t know what to say.

You know, while a part of me feels the same, I then think back to Gabby’s 2016-2017 season. Who would've thunk it that she’d win world bronze and 4CC silver?! I’ve always been a fan of hers, but it was esastic disbelief I felt when she pulled those feats off. She’s the real deal,not some one-season wonder. I have confidence that she’ll be working her butt off to return to top form for the upcoming season. :cheer:

Also, as someone who personally has various mental health diagnoses that have resulted in several extremely rough periods throughout my life, I have all the empathy in the world for Gabby.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice

Me too. Her instagram posts make me really sad for her. As much as it pains me to say, I really think she needs some time away from this sport to get some serious psychological support. As a now recovered anorexic, her doctored photos of herself, and essentially body-checking posts just say to me that she still seems deeply unhappy and stuck in her difficulties. It's such a long process to change your thought patterns and see yourself in a different light, but it really is the most important thing. I understand how difficult it must be when you're a top-level international figure skater, but you have to put your (physical and mental) health above all things sometimes, even when it feels like the hardest and worst thing ever. I really do fear how she might cope if she bombs/has any bad skates this season because I really don't know if she is mentally in a position to handle it :(

theharleyquinn

Medalist

I get very frustrated at how so many people in the figure skating world seem to be ignoring what's right in front of them. I kept waiting for Skate Canada to do the right thing last season but they never did.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Alicia Fabbri and Paul Ayer have moved to Gadbois (from Julien Lalonde - I think?) - seems Marie-France is collecting up the almost all of the up and coming Canadian dance teams one by one!

source

StephenGfan

Final Flight
theharleyquinn;2423629[B said:
]I get very frustrated at how so many people in the figure skating world seem to be ignoring what's right in front of them. I kept waiting for Skate Canada to do the right thing last season but they never did.
[/B]

Because she's an adult they probably can't do much about it if shes feels like she doesn't need help.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Alicia Fabbri and Paul Ayer have moved to Gadbois

I am curious whether they will attend Lake Placid International this week. They seem like a team that would benefit from the chance to earn minimum scores and ease onto the senior international scene prior to the Challenger Series. Though I know they are doing the Quebec summer event in August.