2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Do we know if kaiya or alexa are compteting in juniors this year? I'm personally very excited for these two they have big potential for the future

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bashynska/Beaumont romped to victory at Lake Placid, winning the free dance by almost four points for an overall margin of almost five points. Bronsard/Bouaraguia were second, followed by the Americans Cesanek/Yehorov in third.

Sadly, Oona and Gage Brown weren't able to make it an all-B/B podium, placing fourth.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
https://youtu.be/cUYpcZenzbA
The saviour of Canadian figure skating??? :p but in all seriousness that was a great skate especially since it’s only August!! I thought she would only be doing a 3T3T but aurora has upgraded to a 3F3T!

She scored 65.13

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kaiya also attempted 3F-3T in the junior SP (fell on the << 3T), so that's encouraging.

Aurora looked great, especially for this early in the season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aurora's free skate, which is more the norm for a Canadian lady at this point in the season. Let's just call that leaving room for improvement later, like Kaetlyn did.

I think her layout is supposed to be:

3F-3T
3Lz
2A-Eu-3S
3Lo-2T
3S
3Lo
2A

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Aurora's free skate, which is more the norm for a Canadian lady at this point in the season. Let's just call that leaving room for improvement later, like Kaetlyn did.

I think her layout is supposed to be:

3F-3T
3Lz
2A-Eu-3S
3Lo-2T
3S
3Lo
2A

So she is doing Moonlight Sonata for her sp and R&J for her fp?! :scratch2: But I am excited to see her doing a 3F+3T, hopefully she will shine this season.

haribobo

On the Ice
Top summer scores

SENIOR LADIES
Aurora Cotop 167
Emily Bausback 161
Hannah Dawson 157
Michelle Long 150
Alicia Pineault 146
Sarah Tamura 145
Kim Decelles 142
Olivia Farrow 140
Olivia Gran 135 (jr score)
Allison Schumacher 134 (jr score)

TBD: Daleman, Mallet, E. Decelles

JUNIOR LADIES
Kayla Ruiter 149
Alexa Matveev 137
Amelia Orzel 135
(no other scores over 130 thus far?)

SENIOR MEN
Roman Sadovsky 196
Eric Liu 195 (jr event)
Conrad Orzel 191
Bennet Toman 188
Stephen Gogolev 186 (jr event)
Beresford Clements 179

TBD: Messing, Nadeau, Nguyen, Phan

JUNIOR MEN (not sure which of these are moving up to senior for Nationals?)
Ilia Kovler 196
Corey Circelli 183
Wesley Chiu 169
Gabriel Blumenthal 167
Matthew Newnham 167
Alec Guinzbourg 164
Aleksa Rakic 162

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just popping into say, I truly enjoyed watching Bennet Toman at the Philly International comp. He skated with such elegance and quiet panache, and the music was perfect for him. I don’t know what his scores or protocols were, since that matters less to me, although probably not to Bennet;) but I enjoyed his skates.

And Bennet and his parents are very sweet, always a plus:agree: (not because I’m one to run after skaters, but it’s an informal small comp, if you don’t run over a skater or their relatives just walking down the hallway, you’re not paying attention:) )

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
El henry

Look for bennet's previous years programs. He has a wonderful short from last year and the year before he had a great Beethoven lp.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
While i get where you are coming from, that dress and programs were one of my favourites.
Oh, I loved both those programs and the costumes too (incidentally, one of the other skaters seemed to have Kaetlyn's free skate dress from 15/16, or at least a dress virtually indistinguishable from it), which is why it was so sad that she never skated either of them cleanly.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not nationally, which I believe is the point of that list.

He is signed up for juniors at championnats d été

ETA what haribobo meant but i would hardly compare scores from junior events with the seniors... completely different ballgame... nobody would do that with dance.. .why do it with singles?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He is signed up for juniors at championnats d été
I imagine since he's competing the JGP (or was planning to; I don't know what his status is with the injury). We'll see if he actually shows up at Championnats.

Incidentally, it was Joseph's birthday today. Marjorie and Justine, among others, posted amusing Instagram Stories of hanging out with him in the past.