2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 80 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wonderful news. Canada is such a lovely country. They seem to give even their second and third string skaters chances. Balde has had several fantabulous opportunties to skate and Asher is getting chances with broadcasting along with Moscovitch. So wonderful to hear such good news durign a time of uncertainty. I hope they have a wonderful relationship and don't get stressed with planning the wedding (and hopefully they aren't planning to get married in the next couple of months.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have always loved Elladj's skating and was so glad he finished his career with those great skates at CanNats.

Congratulations Elladj!:hap85:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Wonderful news. Canada is such a lovely country. They seem to give even their second and third string skaters chances. Balde has had several fantabulous opportunties to skate and Asher is getting chances with broadcasting along with Moscovitch. So wonderful to hear such good news durign a time of uncertainty. I hope they have a wonderful relationship and don't get stressed with planning the wedding (and hopefully they aren't planning to get married in the next couple of months.

it definitely helps that Dylan and Asher have huge personalities on tv. They are quite the unfiltered characters on their online show on CBC

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
it definitely helps that Dylan and Asher have huge personalities on tv. They are quite the unfiltered characters on their online show on CBC

So true. My friend thought they were a couple. Every time I come here i fear that I will see Keegan is retiring as well as Gabby. I really want them to come back strong Hard to be Gabby was a world bronze medallist on her own in 2017 and had a strong skate in the team at the Olympics before her fall from skating royalty so to speak. She and Gracie could be the comeback queens.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Gabby was training and posting on her instagram until things shut down... doesn't look like someone who is quitting at all. Keegan is having fun in Alaska on home made ice... of course, the situation may lead to some retirements, at the same time, when everyone starts training again, it will be even closer to 2022... so I could see some athletes finding a last push to make the games.

On the other hand, we should be much more worried for skaters in their teens or early teens not able to train... Training often slows down growth spurts, especially for girls... I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Rutter grow up and lose her jumps... same thing could happen with the Russian stars

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabby had been posting positive messages about her training right up to her disastrous Nationals 2020 performances. You can't draw any conclusions from what she says.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gabby just came back from a family vacation in Antigua. She’s back home as of Monday posting TikToks.

Oh dear. Her family waited kind of last minute to return to Canada. Now she is in isolation. I think she and Gracie earlier on especially could benefit from online distancing too.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oh dear. Her family waited kind of last minute to return to Canada. Now she is in isolation. I think she and Gracie earlier on especially could benefit from online distancing too.

Please stop the bully-like behavior towards these two ladies. If you don't know them and their daily situations personally, then please don't judge, assume and speculate.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Please stop the bully-like behavior towards these two ladies. If you don't know them and their daily situations personally, then please don't judge, assume and speculate.

Please don't bully me I wasn't trying to do that. I respect people have very strong views and interpretations. And there is so much as to what can be called as speculation on almost every poster here. I know people have strongfeelingsabout skaters too. But that was not my intent. These are two courageous ladies and accomplished. They need to be suppored and nurtured I agree. I was going to say take a chill pill but I don't want to fight. I am sorry but I truly think you misunderstood my words. Just like when I first read your comments I felt kind of scared. Sorry if you don't understand me.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Please don't bully me I wasn't trying to do that. I respect people have very strong views and interpretations. And there is so much as to what can be called as speculation on almost every poster here. I know people have strongfeelingsabout skaters too. But that was not my intent. These are two courageous ladies and accomplished. They need to be suppored and nurtured I agree. I was going to say take a chill pill but I don't want to fight. I am sorry but I truly think you misunderstood my words. Just like when I first read your comments I felt kind of scared. Sorry if you don't understand me.

There was no threat or bullying in my words, all I did was stick up for the ladies that keep getting picked on. Please remember to choose your words more wisely from now on, it's a forum rule.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There was no threat or bullying in my words, all I did was stick up for the ladies that keep getting picked on. Please remember to choose your words more wisely from now on, it's a forum rule.

Please watch your tone; no need to stick up for the ladies. You are not interpreting thing. And yes your tone can be seen as bullying or trying to take away freedom of speech. There was nothing meant to be derogatory. I agree we all need to choose our words more wisely and including maybe not using assumed acronyms or initials so much but there was nothing meant to attack these ladies. You may have taken it that way but it wasn't. Just like I should give you the benefit of the doubt. But your choice of words ironically could have been chosen more wisely. Anyways we have bigger thing to worry about like Covid 19 - look after yourself and your loved ones you and everyone. We are in this together.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No, but it's ok to pick on them and me, right?
Oh well...:coffee: Agree to disagree on this and talk Canadian skating like many of us were originally trying to do.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
skater boy : just do not bring up Gracie every time you talk about Gabby. Associating them is not appropriate and that is exactly why people think you are rude. You cannot put two skaters in the same boat... each one of them has a different life, a different story, different successes and different struggles. They each deserve support.... and I am sure that anyone would find it rude being bunched up with every skater out there who has issues....

Every athlete has their own path to follow. To me personally, and perhaps to some others in this thread (from the comments I have read) it appears extremely rude and belittling every time such bunching up is made..... i know some people even cringe when they read "canadian curse" for olympics for men...

And of course, Gracie is largely discussed in threads where she is relevant. She is not in this thread at the moment.... she definitely could be if she resumes her international career and competes with Canadian ladies, just the same as international athletes are mentioned when they are at events with our skaters. Staying on topic is a must !