Best I-spin? Male and female skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best I-spin? Male and female skaters

cell

On the Ice
I don't find Lipnitskaya's I Spin to be aesthetically pleasing... it looks very hyper extended /effortful

OTOH Valieva's is beautiful to me

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah, whatever happened to her? She was a one to watch just 2 years ago.

Zagitova and Lozko grew up together under the same coach. Around age of 12-13 Zagitova went to Tutberidze, Lozko went to Mishin. The rest is history.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I hate I spins for the most part. Usually skaters have awful facial expressions while doing them and they are just ugly. There are a few skaters that can get the straight back and have the free leg sort of tucked to the side rather than in front. But most skaters look like they are struggling holding onto their foot for dear life. I guess it's not the spin so much as 90% of the executions of the spin that irritate me.

:laugh2:
Hahahahah :biggrin: They really do, but I kind of see it as something normal.
But Kamila‘s spins are so effortless, it does genuinely look like her amazing spin positions are way too easy for her to achieve. Like that leg is just there, as if she’s not making any effort to hold it in that position.
Maybe it’s because she’s holding it with 1 hand only and the hand is pretty relaxed as well.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Sasha hands down. She created it and other moves we see almost every lady doing in every program.she was perfect.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I hate I spins for the most part. Usually skaters have awful facial expressions while doing them and they are just ugly. There are a few skaters that can get the straight back and have the free leg sort of tucked to the side rather than in front. But most skaters look like they are struggling holding onto their foot for dear life. I guess it's not the spin so much as 90% of the executions of the spin that irritate me.

You say that as if skaters’ facial expressions are always gorgeously beaming with smiles while they’re executing their jumps. I’ve never seen a mid-rotation-in-the-air photo that ISN’T hilarious. :laugh: