Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 136 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nice to see that Yuzuru topped the best performance, best jump, best step sequence and (big surprise) best costume in the golden skate accolades... :biggrin: The split votes in the end didn't stop it.

Nachi

On the Ice
After this long draught it is delightful to see Yuzu doing fine. I still don't know what I should think of this ISU award thing but still...seeing Yuzu through this show makes my day a little bit better.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
So Yuzuru also won the ISU “Most Valuable Skater” Award.

If you ask us his fans, he is invaluable. Figure skating is fortunate to have someone like him.

Congratulations and Thank you Yuzuru.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
did you watch the ISU award? Honestly, I have doubts to watched this award because I heard rumors that it might not be fair. But despite it, I still ended up watching the ISU award and I am glad i watch it because I get to see Yuzuru even for just a few minutes. Plus I become happy because Yuzuru become the M.V.S.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
did you watch the ISU award? Honestly, I have doubts to watched this award because I heard rumors that it might not be fair. But despite it, I still ended up watching the ISU award and I am glad i watch it because I get to see Yuzuru even for just a few minutes. Plus I become happy because Yuzuru become the M.V.S.

Yes I did. During the interview, Yuzuru gave very good answers in English no less while to me looking dapper in his suit. He was eloquent, gracious, and wise, a true statesman of the sport. I am happy he got this recognition which he absolutely deserves.

I also thought Charlie White was absolutely chuffed Yuzuru won. Charlie always has nice things to say about Yuzuru. I remember how encouraging he was to Yuzuru when he interviewed him after the Worlds 2017 SP where Yuzuru placed 5th. And the rest, as they say, is history.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
where is this?

Right here :
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?86172-2019-2020-Golden-Skate-Accolades-the-winners

Regarding the ISU awards, I am happy for Yuzuru, since of all people he deserved it. And had the rather mean thought that, had Zakarian and co not done everything in their power beforehand to convince fans it was going to be rigged, they would probably have gotten the online audience they wanted... the video on youtube now has 92K views and rising.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Waking up to this look of Yuzuru was :love:
He looked so good it took me a while for the awards result to register in my head haha. Congrats Yuzu!

pianistliz

On the Ice
Oh my gosh, I didn't watch the ceremony earlier, I just saw the results. Now I'm watching it (mostly just skipping to the parts with Yuzuru) and he is literally the most darling thing in his suit. He started his answer about choosing his costume with something like "First of all, let me say how honored I am to be nominated, and how all us skaters feel so privileged to be able to skate for you. Now to answer your question..." He's so formal and proper and adorable at the same time, standing there all official, while other nominees are chilling on their couch, haha.

pianistliz

On the Ice
Also Yuzu's English grammar is better than ever. "For me, costumes are important tools for me to express the story in my program. I also think costumes are one of the things that serve to highlight the uniqueness of Yuzuru Hanyu, the skater." This, from the kid who, when he started his senior career, could pretty much only say "thank you" in English.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my gosh, I didn't watch the ceremony earlier, I just saw the results. Now I'm watching it (mostly just skipping to the parts with Yuzuru) and he is literally the most darling thing in his suit. He started his answer about choosing his costume with something like "First of all, let me say how honored I am to be nominated, and how all us skaters feel so privileged to be able to skate for you. Now to answer your question..." He's so formal and proper and adorable at the same time, standing there all official, while other nominees are chilling on their couch, haha.

I wonder if Yuzuru suspected that win or lose he was going to be all over the Japanese news (and yes he was) so dressed for his audience, both live and other...

And we again got the same white wall :laugh:

yude

Record Breaker
I also thought Charlie White was absolutely chuffed Yuzuru won. Charlie always has nice things to say about Yuzuru. I remember how encouraging he was to Yuzuru when he interviewed him after the Worlds 2017 SP where Yuzuru placed 5th. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Every time when I see Charlie's face, I remember that interview because not only he encouraged Yuzuru but also he encouraged me then :biggrin:

Congratulations, Yuzuru!! I hope we'll see you soon :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Every time when I see Charlie's face, I remember that interview because not only he encouraged Yuzuru but also he encouraged me then :biggrin:

I also remember, one of the 2018-19 competitions he was commentating and his warmth and understanding (from his own OGM) about Yuzu's unique position was really lovely to hear.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I am happy to see Yuzuru again that I totally ignore the part that he didn’t give us any clue as to where he really is. Those white background :palmf: Well, as long as he’s healthy I guess it’s okay :thumbsup:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am happy to see Yuzuru again that I totally ignore the part that he didn’t give us any clue as to where he really is. Those white background :palmf: Well, as long as he’s healthy I guess it’s okay :thumbsup:

I assume that, since the startup screen gave all the countries including Japan that's where he and his blessed white wall are.

He did look good, didn't he? Not just my rose-coloured glasses :laugh: When we will learn what program he is doing is anyone's guess...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
JSF has just announced that they will not send skaters to JGP and CS. It means, we can't see Yuzuru at AC or any other competitions of CS.

https://twitter.com/aim_high__/status/1282586533061484544

:sad21: I was hoping for Challengers... but it's the right decision for safety's sake. It's just... we pretty much know that skating will not be happening this year but watching the slow crumble is painful.

But Yuzu is at home and can rest, as he's had so little time to do (unless ill or injured!) for so long. I hope we can see him at 24HR.

PS - should this go on the general coronavirus and the new season thread too?