Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

ankifeather

Final Flight
The news article version of the ABC piece in Australia is out.
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020...-adoration-and-obsession/11869108?pfmredir=sm

4CC this year hasn't even happened yet and they are already doing the advertisement for 4CC Sydney next year LOL

"The star quality of Yuzuru Hanyu has been likened to that of Usain Bolt.
He's one of the world's greatest athletes, but if you live in Australia, chances are you've never heard of Yuzuru Hanyu.

Dubbed the "god of figure skating", the two-time Olympic gold champion has smashed world records 18 times over and raked in $19 million in endorsements.

And the fans that obsessively follow Hanyu to competitions in every corner of the world are a spectacle in and of themselves.

Waving handmade banners, hysterically cheering, and throwing gifts and plush toys onto the ice, this legion of loyal fans call themselves Hanyu fans.

And they — along with Hanyu himself — might just be coming to an ice rink near you."

yude

Record Breaker
This is a Youtuber, Tomiryu, experienced meeting Yuzuru in Beppu in 2014 and holding Yuzuru's hands (https://twitter.com/tomiryu345/status/1220693327575572480), he shared his memory and thoughts about Yuzuru. This is very short summary and not literal translation.

https://twitter.com/tomiryu345/status/1221005918936023041

Tomiryu didn't have TV at that time, so he didn't know who Yuzuru was (and he regretted that so much now :laugh:), but other members of his cheerleading team were so excited to see Yuzuru. Yuzuru's hands were so soft, fair skinned, feels like female's hands. After the event, his sister made a post on her facebook like "OMG, my brother met Yuzuru Hanyu!!" and finally he realized Yuzuru was very famous top figure skater. Tomiryu posted this old photo on twitter but had not expected this big reaction from Yuzuru's fans since it was taken 6 years ago, but he is very thankful for their gentle, polite, warm actions and comments. When he tweets something about some celebrities, he always gets negativity and criticisms, but he has not received such things at all from Yuzuru's fans so far and is very surprised and moved by that. For him, Yuzuru is perfect and a man of character, he is romantic :)biggrin:), has unique worldview and being always positive, and overall he is the image of "honorableness". And all of those things might lead to make the fans generous and broad-minded, too, in his opinion. Tomiryu says he is interested in Buddhism, and there is the ideology called "Mujyo (impermanence)" meaning "It's natural principal that we all age and die eventually" and Buddha says we struggle if we don't accept it. But somehow he doesn't want Yuzuru to accept it because he has ego that he doesn't want him to age and will keep having the sense of transparency/pureness. But of course he knows Yuzuru will age and guess he will be a refined and sexy uncle around the age of 30.

Tomiryu seems to be very humble during his talk and was very apologetic for PR of his YT account.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Interspectator, congratulations on getting the black and white files! these are so hard to get they are like national treasure. Also awesome drawing as always : )

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just popping my head out of the smoke to wish Yuzu a good 4CC and everyone here joy of the weekend. I've had a shocker of a summer - the fires never came here (but people I love weren't so lucky and have had to run more than once) but the after-effects... I'm still disenchanted with how the sport is debased and corrupted by the two big feds, but I'm also grateful for the distraction and joy from my little group of skaters, especially Yuzu who has been through disaster, who knows, and whose words of the one he lived through are now more meaningful to people like me.

I've understood with my head how much having someone special like him must have mattered to the people hit by disaster, but now my heart really really gets it even more.

yude

Record Breaker
Random post, but was it a dream or sort of illusion Yuzuru showed us his try on 4A last year? Today I rewatched it and can't believe he did that :hap57:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Random post, but was it a dream or sort of illusion Yuzuru showed us his try on 4A last year? Today I rewatched it and can't believe he did that :hap57:

I sometimes have trouble believing he DID THAT :hpull:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited: