Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I was definitely looking forward to media day!! But he has to announce at least the music selection somehow before competition right? Like we've never had a competition where a skater's music is still unknown until s/he steps on the ice I think?! :

I think it's happened, but usually not with a skater as high profile as Yuzu. IIRC Nathan Chen did it in the Olympic season at US Classic with his free skate, though possibly that was known to his fans and I just wasn't paying enough attention. ;)

eaglehelang

Final Flight
@firal, actually yes, music selection is not known till the 1st official competition practice for SP or LP. Usually this happens with lesser kniwn skaters though.

yude

Record Breaker
I think it's happened, but usually not with a skater as high profile as Yuzu. IIRC Nathan Chen did it in the Olympic season at US Classic with his free skate, though possibly that was known to his fans and I just wasn't paying enough attention. ;)

Thank you, I've been wondering about that, too.

I am so curious how Yuzuru will reveal his programs, I am not surprised if JSF just reads his letter and announces on SNS :laugh:

ankifeather

Final Flight
Oh my god, that grandpa with Yuzuru necklaces and costume and trying to do a hydroblade at his age!

Although once skating at a ice rink, I saw a grandpa outskating everyone...Can't underestimate them.

Now I can't stop trying to imagine what grandpa Yuzu looks like

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More of the group number was shown this time

I missed it :cry: because I hit a wrong button and lost the station on my laptop, but with any luck will be able to download at the end.... and I got to see Crystal Memories. Toshi and Yuzu are a thing of beauty and a joy forever....

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hopefully someone recorded this and will share a google drive link
The sheer joy and excitement when Origin started - hey, while it was still dark, they must have been able to see his pose through it - was something else...

I downloaded it and am trying to upload to Google Drive at the minute (I will try and get more of the ones I've downloaded up somewhere.... soon) If it works I'll post a link tomorrow (and the do the same with tomorrow's broadcast... I hope!)