Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

pianistliz

On the Ice
So someone just private messaged me to say they have extra ACI tickets and to email them if I'm still looking for some. I've never bought tickets before, so I'm not sure it's legit and I'm worried about getting scammed. I'd give a whole lot to see Yuzu in September but I'm assuming some other people wouldn't mind taking advantage of that and don't necessarily have his fans' best interests at heart. Advice?

dream3r

Spectator
see if they take Paypal...that will give u some buyer protection. If the person is someone on this site with lots of posts...that is also pretty reassuring

pianistliz

On the Ice
Anyone know if Yuzuru in years past has attended the ACI practice sessions, or if he generally practices at TCC since it's so close and just shows up for the warm-up/competition?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Anyone know if Yuzuru in years past has attended the ACI practice sessions, or if he generally practices at TCC since it's so close and just shows up for the warm-up/competition?

He usually does 2-3 practice sessions at the ACI venue. Skips the first practice sometimes.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone else scowl just a little every time they see the 2019-20 program thread pop up because now that there's no media day, we know we may end up being the absolute last to know??? Even though we love hearing about the rest just as much...

Not that I am being unreasonable or anything (yes I am :hpull:)

ankifeather

Final Flight
No not really, I am not in a rush to find out Yuzu's programs...I actually think it's cool if we only find out at ACI. See the nice surprise we got in only finding out Masquerade and CM when they occur. Plus ACI is only 6 weeks away now. If you think about it , FaOI has finished for nearly 6 weeks now, that is how fast time flies.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No not really, I am not in a rush to find out Yuzu's programs...I actually think it's cool if we only find out at ACI. See the nice surprise we got in only finding out Masquerade and CM when they occur. Plus ACI is only 6 weeks away now. If you think about it , FaOI has finished for nearly 6 weeks now, that is how fast time flies.

That is definitely reasonable, I shall try and emulate (thogh I admit, reason was never built into my genes... on the other hand, I can still keep imagining Tokyo Ghoul OST :biggrin:)

yude

Record Breaker
Great news, Yuzuru will be on 24hr TV this year, he visited Hokkaido this year and skated for people in the affected area of earthquake. He looks like he is going to skate "Haru yo koi" since he was given interview with Yumin and Kiyozuka.

Sorry, I've just turned on TV and seen Yuzuru on NTV and am panicked right now lol. I guess we'll have information and video soon.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Great news, Yuzuru will be on 24hr TV this year, he visited Hokkaido this year and skated for people in the affected area of earthquake. He looks like he is going to skate "Haru yo koi" since he was given interview with Yumin and Kiyozuka.

Sorry, I've just turned on TV and seen Yuzuru on NTV and am panicked right now lol. I guess we'll have information and video soon.

AAAAAAAAAAAH me too! I just saw it.
You and I were guessing he wasn't going to do it this year but we were wrong! :ghug:
Happy to be wrong.
;)

Here's a bit that was shown on TV today https://twitter.com/hanchan0821/status/1155355585950310400?s=20

Yuzu in a pink T-shirt https://twitter.com/tomato1031103/status/1155362699586371584?s=20 24hour TV promo

I especially like the design on the T-shirt this year. It's imaginative and artistic.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You and I were guessing he wasn't going to do it this year but we were wrong! :ghug:
Happy to be wrong.
;)

Here's a bit that was shown on TV today https://twitter.com/hanchan0821/status/1155355585950310400?s=20

I hoped he would, Yuzuru takes his ability to help and raise money for this very seriously, it would take a lot for him to miss it... Hope we will get video very soon, it always does me utter wam'n'fuzzies to see how much they appreciate and love everything he gives and how much it means to the people there that he never forgets them.

(and on a selfish note, if he's not having a media day, maybe he'll let slip something about his programs...)

yude

Record Breaker
Happy to be wrong.
;)

I'm still watching the show, has Mao already announced what she is going to try?

It seems Yuzuru visited people in Hokkaido but not sure if he recorded ice show. Local musicians will play with Kiyozuka san so they need some time to practice I think.

Yuzuru says "Haru yo koi" is the same age as him :) (and caption says Yuzuru's mother is a big fan of Yuming)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=lOWYPoImSqs Youtube Link to Yuzu's portion of the 24hr TV promo.
The brass band of Atsuma consisted of a wide age-range, from high school kids to those in their 60's. When the Band's conductor was killed in the landslides caused by the earthquake, for a short time the band members thought of disbanding, but 3 months later, they were invited to perform for children at a Christmas event, and started up again.
The band conductor, Matsushita-san loved kids and looked forward to this time every year.
In June this year, the band is hard at work practicing and someone appeared. Kiyozuka Shinya, a classic pianist from Japan who began playing piano at the age of 5 and has won many competitions.
Last year he performed with Hanyu Yuzuru in an ice show and this time he will also perform on the piano. He hears them play and gives each band member advice.
One of the ladies' mentions that she really loves Shinya-san. :biggrin:
And he says thank you for this surprise confession. (and her husband is also there, playing in the band.) :laugh:

Another artist who will join the performance is Yuuming who will sing.
They will perform Haru Yo Koi together.

Haru yo koi is a song about outlasting the bitter winter and making a new start in the spring.

The song also has strong emotional ties to Hanyu as well

"the song Haru yo koi was first published in 1994, and is the same age as me. So, it has been a help to me since I was in the womb."
Hanyu's mom is a big fan of Yuuming.

Then there is footage of Yuzu with various people in Hokkaido disaster area, "I'm really looking forward to skating in front of everyone"

Shinya: What we are trying to do is very difficult, but I want to savor the expressions that can only come from the challenge.
Yuuming: I think that this opportunity to come together will give courage to those who are facing hardship -I will be happy if we can join our strength to make that kind of performance.
Hanyu: For those who have come to see our performance with their particular situation and past, I hope they can feel something. (I'm not confident in my translation of this)
I will try to convey the various meanings of "Spring" through my skating.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have found it and hope again to download and upload... the things we do for the boy.:love:

ankifeather

Final Flight
Ahhh...I love the original Haru Yo Koi with singing voice, so if there was one small regret last year, that was Yuzu only skated to the instrumental version, so I am so glad he is skating with the actual singer singing now!