Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 124 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not expert enough to give an opinion, just so glad he won and in awe of you fans who watched it live... my nerves, hair and fingernails would never have survived it!!!

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Yude & Interceptor,
Japan PM has announced a lockdown today? Nationwide ?

So I reckon all of you + Yuzuru will have to stay home.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yude & Interceptor,

We don't even know if Yuzu is in Japan or Canada (or some other country)!

Well in additional to asking Orser, you can also ask Hanyu himsef in this Q&A
http://twitter.com/karen_hyaxel/status/1247393320038367232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1247393320038367232&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fplanethanyu.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fkaren_hyaxel%2Fstatus%2F1247393320038367232%3Fs%3D21

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That Q&A will be interesting, they will get a flood of questions... I guess Yuzuru will be able to decline those on anything he doesn't want to discuss, but I do hope "where are you? where do we send the karmic good thoughts?" is okay....

I get the distinct feeling he is in Japan, I hope he has suitable access to a rink (if anyone does, he will)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yude & Interceptor,

The state of emergency was announced for 7 prefectures in Japan with the highest number of cases. But Japan's lock down cannot be truly 'enforced' due to a difference in the traditions and powers of the government. However, I think most people will obey the order and stay home now...finally.

I'm living in an extremely low-population area that hasn't had the stay at home order yet, but I've been self-isolating for the past few weeks because everyone in my town is super old. I don't wanna accidentally get them sick. :(

yude

Record Breaker
Yude & Interceptor,

I live in one of the prefectures got called as state of emergency, but I went to work taking train and bus as same as usual because my company can not allow us to work at home. It's really stressful and scary that I have to go outside while I don't want to go anywhere, but as Interspectator explained, true "lockdown" does not happen in this country, at least for now. Now, I am wearing mask even at home because I live with my parents. I am not 100% sure if Yuzuru is in Sendai, but as for the information, Miyagi prefecture has not been listed for the state of emergency and there are 26 patients reported in Sendai city. (https://www.city.sendai.jp/kikikanri/kinkyu/200131corona2.html)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Please both of you, take are, I will be sending many many karmic stay-safe thoughts and wishes to you and your families :pray:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I live in one of the prefectures got called as state of emergency, but I went to work taking train and bus as same as usual because my company can not allow us to work at home. It's really stressful and scary that I have to go outside while I don't want to go anywhere, but as Interspectator explained, true "lockdown" does not happen in this country, at least for now. Now, I am wearing mask even at home because I live with my parents. I am not 100% sure if Yuzuru is in Sendai, but as for the information, Miyagi prefecture has not been listed for the state of emergency and there are 26 patients reported in Sendai city. (https://www.city.sendai.jp/kikikanri/kinkyu/200131corona2.html)

Stay safe ya, both you & Interspectator.
My country is on 3rd week of partial lockdown, only essential services can work. My job isnt essential services so I have wait it out at home.

Seems the interview with Brian is out & someone has translated :
https://twitter.com/echotpe/status/1248084721361244160?s=19

Brian has kept to coontact with his skaters, including Yuzuru every other day. He didn't reply the questions about where is Yuzu or what he does now just like every off-season. It's a respect to the privacy consideration asked by Yuzu.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brian has kept to contact with his skaters, including Yuzuru every other day. He didn't reply the questions about where is Yuzu or what he does now just like every off-season. It's a respect to the privacy consideration asked by Yuzu.

Fair enough.... if Yuzuru wants to stay under the public radar, goodness knows he has earned it.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://twitter.com/TBS_figure/status/1249609281793445888

SOI Yokohama has been moved to April 2021. People with seats can choose refund or retain their seats. First batch of casts will be re-announced in Nov/Dec. SOI just couldn't let go of all those Hanyu fans' money can they ~ they quickly cancelled all the other shows he wasn't in but keeps holding on to this one :palmf:

They're cynically drawing on Yuzuru's huge popularity - it wouldn't work with any other current skater anywhere, not even Eteri's girls - but I can see why, there's a LOT of money involved.

And aren't the tickets usually done by lottery? Most fans who have them will probably be okay with this arrangement, they get to keep their certain seat and if Yuzu or any someone/someones they bought for turns out not to be booked, the refund is late but assured.

If I had a ticket to see Yuzu, I'd jump at the chance to defer rather than cancel at this stage.

yude

Record Breaker
Fans started #可愛い羽生結弦選手権 on twitter to share adorable Yuzuru :luv17: And there is another tag #かっこいい羽生結弦選手権 for someone prefers cool Yuzuru :cool: Of course, I have been enjoying both :biggrin:

(From this week, I work only 3 days a week since my company allowed the employees use public transport to do so. I still feel bad for my co-workers who come by cars or on foot because they have to keep working normally, but honestly I am glad that I can stay at home.)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fans started #可愛い羽生結弦選手権 on twitter to share adorable Yuzuru :luv17: And there is another tag #かっこいい羽生結弦選手権 for someone prefers cool Yuzuru :cool: Of course, I have been enjoying both :biggrin:

(From this week, I work only 3 days a week since my company allowed the employees use public transport to do so. I still feel bad for my co-workers who come by cars or on foot because they have to keep working normally, but honestly I am glad that I can stay at home.)

Well, both tags are perfectly perfect ;)

Apparently in a new inerview in Ice Jewels, Yuzuru has confirmed he will have new programs next year (though of course our ninja being... ninja, we probably won't know any details till after everyone else has announced theres), and that ihe is taking the proper care of himself....

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1250309489472880641

yude

Record Breaker
Well, both tags are perfectly perfect ;)

Apparently in a new inerview in Ice Jewels, Yuzuru has confirmed he will have new programs next year (though of course our ninja being... ninja, we probably won't know any details till after everyone else has announced theres), and that ihe is taking the proper care of himself....

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1250309489472880641

Thank you for sharing, I also made a quick visit to the bookstore and read this Ice Jewels, this is what I can remember. The interview was given some time after TCC had been closed.

・Yuzuru is thinking of having new program(s) in the next season but he doesn't have any clear music choice or image of them yet. He will aim for 4A in the new program even though he doesn't know how long it will take to achieve it.
・He can not practice 4A everyday because it affects the training on other elements stamina and concentration-wise, but he is able to rotate it in more relaxing form now (less stiffness? he doesn't say he has landed it).
・About 3F in new SEIMEI, he also thought about doing 3Lz or 3Lo, but thought 3F fitted the most in the sense of rhythm and chose 3F. After making the layout of the jumps by himself, he showed it to Shae and she liked it.
・He still doesn't know what kind of evaluation he gets when he performs new SEIMEI, of course he knows he has to skate it very well and plus there is the new rules, and also the judges are human. He is really not sure what he gets until the score comes.
・He has been thorough in washing his hands and gargling, and also disinfects his belongings when he gets home.
・The most worthy accomplishment in 2019-2020 season was that he didn't have injury.

There was the interview of Satomi Ito, too. I didn't read it all but there was a short episode about Masquerade. Yuzuru sent her the music and asked for design drawing. She drew three designs and showed them to him, and he immediately liked one of them, black and red one.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for sharing, I also made a quick visit to the bookstore and read this Ice Jewels, this is what I can remember. The interview was given some time after TCC had been closed.

・Yuzuru is thinking of having new program(s) in the next season but he doesn't have any clear music choice or image of them yet. He will aim for 4A in the new program even though he doesn't know how long it will take to achieve it.
・He can not practice 4A everyday because it affects the training on other elements stamina and concentration-wise, but he is able to rotate it in more relaxing form now (less stiffness? he doesn't say he has landed it).
・About 3F in new SEIMEI, he also thought about doing 3Lz or 3Lo, but thought 3F fitted the most in the sense of rhythm and chose 3F. After making the layout of the jumps by himself, he showed it to Shae and she liked it.
・He still doesn't know what kind of evaluation he gets when he performs new SEIMEI, of course he knows he has to skate it very well and plus there is the new rules, and also the judges are human. He is really not sure what he gets until the score comes.
・He has been thorough in washing his hands and gargling, and also disinfects his belongings when he gets home.
・The most worthy accomplishment in 2019-2020 season was that he didn't have injury.

There was the interview of Satomi Ito, too. I didn't read it all but there was a short episode about Masquerade. Yuzuru sent her the music and asked for design drawing. She drew three designs and showed them to him, and he immediately liked one of them, black and red one.

Poor man, after two season marred by the ankle problems anyone would have been worried, but he had to do everything he could to not let it show to the relentless media... not even in the off season because of his show obligations and public attention. I really do hope he stays in ninja mode now and gets the time to rest, relax and train/work/image in peace.

The Masquerade costume is one of the alltime greats for me.