Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Imov

Medalist
The way events are charging tickets whenever Yuzu is around probably made a statement that he has fans who can afford a lot.
Though I admit majority of us probably save away just to see him once in a competition.
But I am confident that this too shall sell well. Hanyuconomy is on a broader spectrum now.

yude

Record Breaker
I missed the video of Yuzuru speaking Chinese :sad4: Anyway, it is such a big news, I am so looking forward to the official announcement by CITIZEN :luv17:

Tomorrow, the first lottery for NHK ticket starts. I will not try it because I will not attend the competition, but I heard it was going to be the first time that "all event tickets" were only sold by e-tickets with face photos of purchasers. I think it is good decision for avoiding re-selling and scalps. (I don't know if they will sell in the same way for international fans though.)

Imov

Medalist
I have been fighting with myself not to purchase NHK tickets since I need to save up.
This is going to be a long dragging torture for me.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have been fighting with myself not to purchase NHK tickets since I need to save up.
This is going to be a long dragging torture for me.

If it's any consolation, they should sell fast and take temptation out of your way :laugh:

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Tomorrow, the first lottery for NHK ticket starts. I will not try it because I will not attend the competition, but I heard it was going to be the first time that "all event tickets" were only sold by e-tickets with face photos of purchasers. I think it is good decision for avoiding re-selling and scalps. (I don't know if they will sell in the same way for international fans though.)

I want to go to NHK so much but sadly I don't live in Japan. Apart from Yuzu, line-up in other disciplines is very good as well. Unfortunately all event tickets are not for foreigners.

yude

Record Breaker
I want to go to NHK so much but sadly I don't live in Japan. Apart from Yuzu, line-up in other disciplines is very good as well. Unfortunately all event tickets are not for foreigners.

I really hope the organizers of FS events in Japan will be nicer to the fans from abroad, and I've been feeling this way for a long time already :frown:

ankifeather

Final Flight
Lol 'I can't ride a bike Yuzu' gets to do bike racing as an anime figure! Good for him since we all know he loves that anime!

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Lol 'I can't ride a bike Yuzu' gets to do bike racing as an anime figure! Good for him since we all know he loves that anime!

Don't use cosmetics -> endorse Kose
Don't wear watches -> endorse Citizen
Can't ride a bike -> promote bike tour

It the current trend LOL.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't use cosmetics -> endorse Kose
Don't wear watches -> endorse Citizen
Can't ride a bike -> promote bike tour

It the current trend LOL.

Can we take a minute to celebrate the complete commercial conundrum that is our Yuzuru? :laugh2: And the great thing is, his lack of any of this doesn't stop either the companies wanting him or the public following him wherever he leads...

ankifeather

Final Flight
In Yuzu's defense, he has been 'promoting' that bike anime for a while with his head banging silent karaoke singing ritual before competitions, so it is not entirely irrelevant to him.

I also find it ironic that Yuzu actually looks more anime-like than his own anime counterpart XD.

CarolPooh

Rinkside
In Yuzu's defense, he has been 'promoting' that bike anime for a while with his head banging silent karaoke singing ritual before competitions, so it is not entirely irrelevant to him.

That's true. He introduced that song to me and I love it.

I also find it ironic that Yuzu actually looks more anime-like than his own anime counterpart XD.

His life is also more anime-like than many anime protagonists haha.

Imov

Medalist
Tour de Tohuku will be very intersting with all the Yuzu inspirations around.
Cycling meets FS ^^

ankifeather

Final Flight
Apologies if I have missed this, but has it been announced the exact timing when his segment on 24hrs will be?