Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm currently on staff as a pianist at a world-class music camp. I'm nervous heading into my first 2 concerts today, so I've been playing 2 videos of Yuzuru Hanyu today to give me confidence and remind me how to focus: 2019 world's fs, where he landed those first 2 quads despite feeling nervous after not feeling the loop in practice and popping the Sal in the sp, and his 2014 Olympic sp, which looked like the most confident thing ever, even though afterwards he said he had been nervous, so in his head, he took just one element at a time. Thanks for the inspiration, Yuzuru! Truly a phenomenal role model when it comes to being courageous and owning the stage.

That is a lovely story! Take Yuzu with you and let us know how you go :hap10:

And thank you so much Interspectator for all the updates from twitter :luv17: :thank: The news that the full one will be broadcast (and we :pray: that with any luck, a fan in Japan will be able to upload it for us) made my night last night...

yude

Record Breaker
I'm currently on staff as a pianist at a world-class music camp. I'm nervous heading into my first 2 concerts today, so I've been playing 2 videos of Yuzuru Hanyu today to give me confidence and remind me how to focus: 2019 world's fs, where he landed those first 2 quads despite feeling nervous after not feeling the loop in practice and popping the Sal in the sp, and his 2014 Olympic sp, which looked like the most confident thing ever, even though afterwards he said he had been nervous, so in his head, he took just one element at a time. Thanks for the inspiration, Yuzuru! Truly a phenomenal role model when it comes to being courageous and owning the stage.

Good luck on your stage :hap10:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Watched all the clips over and over from the Toyama show, and Yuzu's hair was extra energetic that night.
Opinions? :biggrin:
Was it a mistake?
Was it deliberate?
Was it normal to begin with an got crazy during the warm up?

pianistliz

On the Ice
My performances both went well. The pianist who played before me was SO phenomenal. That's the kind of thing that could psych me out, but then I remembered when Boyang Jin scored crazy high (I think at NHK 15?) and it just fired Hanyu up in a positive way to do his best and own the ice in the way only he can. So I thought, challenge accepted! I absolutely slayed the first piece (which was very virtuosic and in-your-face), taking one element at a time and focusing with determination during each section. I swear when I finished it I felt like Yuzuru when he finishes an epic free and points his finger to the sky; I felt like a boss.

Only problem now: after months of reading this fan fest history and the GS competition archives, I'm finally caught up, I ran out of competitions to watch and discussions to read. I don't know how I'll survive waiting for Yuzuru's next season in real time! :(

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My performances both went well. The pianist who played before me was SO phenomenal. That's the kind of thing that could psych me out, but then I remembered when Boyang Jin scored crazy high (I think at NHK 15?) and it just fired Hanyu up in a positive way to do his best and own the ice in the way only he can. So I thought, challenge accepted! I absolutely slayed the first piece (which was very virtuosic and in-your-face), taking one element at a time and focusing with determination during each section. I swear when I finished it I felt like Yuzuru when he finishes an epic free and points his finger to the sky; I felt like a boss.

Only problem now: after months of reading this fan fest history and the GS competition archives, I'm finally caught up, I ran out of competitions to watch and discussions to read. I don't know how I'll survive waiting for Yuzuru's next season in real time! :(

That's SO MUCH reading. :eek: :biggrin:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I skipped a lot of the fluff discussions and off-season stuff (though I always read the costumes reveals and speculation about possible programs before each season).

I've learned A LOT in a few months :p

And it's a sad fact that we will probably be one of the last fan groups to get the program information... heaven only knows what he will come up with for 2020, he always manages to surprise.

Ah well, once the TV broaccasts finish it's back to burnishing any skills we want to develop as investigators to get a glimpse of him at TCC.

yude

Record Breaker
Watched all the clips over and over from the Toyama show, and Yuzu's hair was extra energetic that night.
Opinions? :biggrin:
Was it a mistake?
Was it deliberate?
Was it normal to begin with an got crazy during the warm up?

My guess is it was deliberate, reason 1: He wanted to make the shows extra special because it was the last stop of this year or 2: His hair got longer during the tour so he decided to use a lot of hair spray :biggrin:

Imov

Medalist
For a moment I was lost then realized of course a new thread will be put up. Silly me.

ankifeather

Final Flight

Wow that is a lot of reading, given Yuzu's thread is the only one so long it needed to be cut up into years. The thing with Yuzu though are there is so many old videos of him ... you always think you've seen all his old childhood interviews and early shows etc, but then someone always manage to dig out something you have never seen before.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There are two FAoI bradcasts tomorrow and the Yuzu bits will probably appear on twitter/youtube even if we aren't able to access the whole thing... which a lot do try to get for us :biggrin:

I've spent many years in fandoms big and small, and am constantly warmed and surprised by the generosity of fellow fans. Skating fans in general - and Yuzuru's of course - are up there with the best at sharing.

Interspectator

Record Breaker