Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
https://twitter.com/pumpkin875/status/1173918869339168769?s=20
Toshl chatted with Mr. Nagakubo( an amazing camera man who shoots Yuzu for long time) and he begged “ Put me inside of your suitcase and please take me to Toronto.

As a Yuzu fan since the first time I laid eyes on him in Sochi and a visual kei fan since Yuzu's age was a single digit number, this is far beyond a dream come true. :love: Like, my dream was for him to one day skate to a visual kei song. One of the original founders of the genre being such a big fan? I never could have imagined that to even wish for it. :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:

Pepipanda

Rinkside
After watching Hanyu's FS at ACI, I had a thought: in addition to looking very dramatic, the ending pose for Origin might also have been chosen to be close to the ice. At the end of the free, he stayed sitting/kneeling for more than 15 seconds. That's a long time, but it's still less noticeable than collapsing from standing like he did several years ago, which, while occurring after the program ends, may still make an impression on judges. This is also the program that was created for the first season after the ISU shortened the men's FS, making it, especially with the choreography and jump content he hopes to include, very physically demanding. Thoughts?

After watching Hanyu's FS at ACI, I had a thought: in addition to looking very dramatic, the ending pose for Origin might also have been chosen to be close to the ice. At the end of the free, he stayed sitting/kneeling for more than 15 seconds. That's a long time, but it's still less noticeable than collapsing from standing like he did several years ago, which, while occurring after the program ends, may still make an impression on judges. This is also the program that was created for the first season after the ISU shortened the men's FS, making it, especially with the choreography and jump content he hopes to include, very physically demanding. Thoughts?

I completely agree, after all everything with Yuzuru could be strategic, that's how he functions :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
A few more comments from Ghislain.

"He is a step away from reaching 4A. He can rotate it, so only he has to do is landing it. But 4A is the jump has impact like crashing into the school bus when you fall. There is no doubt that it is the most difficult jump which demands many things."

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/amp/840780?page=2

"He tried 5T on harness, and succeeded it on the second attempt. The coach holding the harness said he didn't help Yuzuru at all."

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/amp/840780?page=3

Barbara314

Rinkside
Ina Bauer is Jun's favorite move. I'm sure training with Yuzu has improved it, but he has such a long, lean body, he's built for a beautiful layout.

Barbara314

Rinkside
I'm honestly perplexed by the outrage, some things to consider:

The way Yuzu not only stepped out, but almost tumbled out of his two first quads in Origin, would be considered two 'serious errors'. I think everyone knows that the rulebook says to cap PCS in such a case.
It's no coincidence he was awarded exactly 8.75 in PE + IN and 9.25 in CO by most judges, since those are the maximum possible scores in this case. It certainly looks like the majority of judges would have given higher scores if it weren't for the technical mistakes.

It is also not unusual to see a drop in the SS score in the case of several bad jump landings, even though there's always some disagreement on whether one should impact the other or not.

It is actually the japanese judge that showed blatant favouritism in his PCS scores and doesn't seem to follow the rulebook, meanwhile the american judges were all middle of the pack in PCS as well as in GOE (it's all in the protocol, not sure how this can even be disputed).

I agree that two of Yuzu's UR calls were not a 100 % clear and I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but the jumps in question did have suspicious landings so I can definitely imagine that from the panel's perspective they looked UR.
And they did otoh ignore 3-4 other jumps that looked clearly UR (the 3A in his combo f.i.) or least very borderline to me, so I guess it was just a bad tech panel in general. But that proves their incompetence, doesn't mean they're purposely messing with the scores inventing phantom URs. :shrug:

The judges got several of the under-rotations correct but were harsh in his interpretation. And they didn't score the same under-rotations for Kevin. Uneven. And double standards.

yude

Record Breaker
:eek:topic:

Rugby WC has started yesterday in Japan and I watched Japan vs Russia match. There, Japan's "Try" was reviewed with video replay by the referees in front of the players and thousands of fans (they can all watch the same video). The video had 3 or 4 different angles at least and the referees were looking into them very carefully taking long time. As a result, Japan's "Try" was cancelled but I was kind of jealous that the sport had fair judging (some Japanese fans were booing, but they had clear evidence, calm down :p).

yude

Record Breaker
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/09/20/kiji/20190920s00079000157000c.html

Yuzuru was asked what would happen if he had the same kinds of injury on his right ankle again, he said he didn't know exactly but knew he sprained his ankle easily these days. He has to be very cautious but doesn't have pain on both ankles right now. When he wakes up in the morning, he sometimes feels a little pain but it comes from old wounds, doesn't think it will affect in competing in the sport. But he is aware that he has more risk of injury than other skaters.

He was satisfied that he could done clean 4T-3A in the competition.

He enjoys video game, is doing "Fire Emblem" on switch precisely :laugh:

:eek:topic:

Rugby WC has started yesterday in Japan and I watched Japan vs Russia match. There, Japan's "Try" was reviewed with video replay by the referees in front of the players and thousands of fans (they can all watch the same video). The video had 3 or 4 different angles at least and the referees were looking into them very carefully taking long time. As a result, Japan's "Try" was cancelled but I was kind of jealous that the sport had fair judging (some Japanese fans were booing, but they had clear evidence, calm down :p).

Today I was watching Asia men volleyball cup, Iran vs. Korea. You may know that there are challenges that each team can request to replay net touch, fault, ball in/out, etc. That is good but on top of that towards the end of 4th set and after a nasty quarrel between the two teams, one of the referees mistakingly gave the start of the game to Iran. Well, you have the upper hand if you receive the service so the Iranian captain stood up to referee's decision and didn't let his team to start the game. Do you think they confronted him? No, they actually listened to him. So many discussions between referees, then the FIVB supervisor came in, he even ran around the court, talked to the photographers and looked at their photos to understand the situation. Although at the end they still stuck with their wrong decision but that is not my point here. The point is, could you imagine sth like that happens in an ISU event?
Iraninan captain stopped the game for sth like 10 minutes and he was constantly bugging all the officials, sure he is a very famous player, Saeed Maroof or Professor magnificent :biggrin:, but isn't Yuzu as big in his sport? Can you imagine Yuzu protest to his score live on TV and get back what he thinks is right? As a volleyball fan I've seen Maroof doing it so many times, reversing the score and not being branded as a problematic player by any official. I really think ISU needs coming out of stone age and give the athletes and coaches time and chance to protest at live scoring. That is more like a real sport in my opinion.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
A few more comments from Ghislain.

"He is a step away from reaching 4A. He can rotate it, so only he has to do is landing it. But 4A is the jump has impact like crashing into the school bus when you fall. There is no doubt that it is the most difficult jump which demands many things."

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/amp/840780?page=2

"He tried 5T on harness, and succeeded it on the second attempt. The coach holding the harness said he didn't help Yuzuru at all."

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/amp/840780?page=3

The way i still cry over how low the base value for the 4A is ;-;

Do you guys think the ISU will finally give bv to quints if Yuzuru (and others if they have attempted them) start talking more about training for them? I feel like the ISU is really trying to slow down the advancement for jumps since it hit such high speeds the last few quads, but i don't think not having bv for elements that people are training is fair. I really want them to define the jumps soon.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did this get posted? The ballet choreographer who created the Notte Stellata tribute was at ACI and interviewed by Japan Times...
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...d240e28e63e877e4842bf5e3083d3b3c#.XYcKNGZS-_j

The way i still cry over how low the base value for the 4A is ;-;

Do you guys think the ISU will finally give bv to quints if Yuzuru (and others if they have attempted them) start talking more about training for them? I feel like the ISU is really trying to slow down the advancement for jumps since it hit such high speeds the last few quads, but i don't think not having bv for elements that people are training is fair. I really want them to define the jumps soon.

I think they're running a little scared - the injury risk in the 4A and quints is REALLY scary.