Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

ankifeather

Final Flight
So it would appear both broadcasts today are repeats of previous ones. The next new broadcast won't be till 27 July...We've got a real 3 week blackhole now

ankifeather

Final Flight
So it would appear both broadcasts today are repeats of previous ones. The next new broadcast won't be till 27 July...We've got a real 3 week blackhole now

Haha I stand corrected, they have added some new finale scenes and interview for Makuhari day 2

Interspectator

Record Breaker
You know, we are lucky, our fellow fans in Japan (hi Interspectator! :thank:) and elsewhere do try so hard to make sure we don't miss Yuzu too much... benefit of being the fan of a living legend.

I do feel privileged as a fan of such a popular skater, that whenever he appears in public, i'm sure the camera will focus on him and we'll get some coverage.

Speaking of popular, the Golden Skate Accolades winners has been posted. https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...te-Acolades-the-winners&p=2418849#post2418849
Best Costume,
Best Performance
Best Jump
Best Stepsequence.
Yaaay!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Speaking of popular, the Golden Skate Accolades winners has been posted. https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...te-Acolades-the-winners&p=2418849#post2418849
Best Costume,
Best Performance
Best Jump
Best Stepsequence.
Yaaay!

Our boy is loved :luv17:

By the way, trying to find a copy of the first Masquerade to give someone a link, it appears that they have ALL (surprise surprise) been yanked by youtube. But I did find it on bilibili, ere's the link for anyone who wants it.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av53821742/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Oh, and a musicvid I ran across while hunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G516q3MIzfU

ankifeather

Final Flight
I do feel privileged as a fan of such a popular skater, that whenever he appears in public, i'm sure the camera will focus on him and we'll get some coverage.

Best Costume,
Best Performance
Best Jump
Best Stepsequence.
Yaaay!

Shows majority of GS still maintains good taste for quality.

Also Yuzu fans are that dedicated and passionate because he is that phenomenal they feel he is worthy of the dedication.

Imov

Medalist

yude

Record Breaker
This is the text of the interview in FaOI Makuhari day 2 broadcast, there are new comments about 4Lz and the choreography of Crystal Memories.

(this is only summary, I hope we will have whole translation) Yuzuru thinks Masquerade and Crystal Memories are the genres he is good at. He feels asking David to work with him in Crystal Memories was good decision. David's emotion, expression of fingers, the posture, use of face, each one of his during the choreography is very beautiful but also has sense of masculinity, and Yuzuru wants to absorb them one by one. He feels the vocabularies in himself (in his expression?) has been increased after working in some programs with David. About 4Lz, he thinks the fans remember his fall well and might be scared of him trying, but he hopes new beautiful 4Lz will be staying in fan's memories by landing it clean.

https://twitter.com/330_43_snow/status/1147845899961262082

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is the text of the interview in FaOI Makuhari day 2 broadcast, there are new comments about 4Lz and the choreography of Crystal Memories.

(this is only summary, I hope we will have whole translation) Yuzuru thinks Masquerade and Crystal Memories are the genres he is good at. He feels asking David to work with him in Crystal Memories was good decision. David's emotion, expression of fingers, the posture, use of face, each one of his during the choreography is very beautiful but also has sense of masculinity, and Yuzuru wants to absorb them one by one. He feels the vocabularies in himself (in his expression?) has been increased after working in some programs with David. About 4Lz, he thinks the fans remember his fall well and might be scared of him trying, but he hopes new beautiful 4Lz will be staying in fan's memories by landing it clean.

Hearing this makes me think again about this season's programs.
--What will they be?? :drama: When will we know?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
About 4Lz, he thinks the fans remember his fall well and might be scared of him trying, but he hopes new beautiful 4Lz will be staying in fan's memories by landing it clean.

I sometimes wonder what it must feel like to know that all these caring strangers, hundreds of thousands if not (in Japan) millions you will never actually meet, are drawing deep breaths every time you take the risks you know you have to...

Hearing this makes me think again about this season's programs.
--What will they be?? :drama: When will we know?

Later than pretty much every other skaters' fans, going by past years :noshake: And he'll manage to surprise us all. That Origin encore at Toyama felt like a farewell to the wounded work of art it turned out to be (and I adore it anyway, it is so many of the things I love about him, fierce, fearless even when broken, beautiful and full of passion and heart). So I think we will get two new ones. From the quote, it could be we are going to get two very different ones, but he has so many facets...

Can't wait.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
About 4Lz, he thinks the fans remember his fall well and might be scared of him trying, but he hopes new beautiful 4Lz will be staying in fan's memories by landing it clean.

I still cannot believe he is actually going to include it in his program/s. I mean, it's a stunningly beautiful jump, definitely one of the best 4Lz's out there, but I am so worried about his ankles :drama::sad21:

I did not have time to check all the Toyama videos that you guys have posted. Now, I am going through them one by one and may I say I find the Toyama Masquerade very mysterious. I feel he is sad and he is trying to say sth but at the same time avoids saying it. Maybe he is just exhausted and I'm reading too much into it.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
I did not have time to check all the Toyama videos that you guys have posted. Now, I am going through them one by one and may I say I find the Toyama Masquerade very mysterious. I feel he is sad and he is trying to say sth but at the same time avoids saying it. Maybe he is just exhausted and I'm reading too much into it.

I felt like he was at the verge of tears the whole time, especially at the end after he yelled "arigato gozaimashita." His performance quality is just so passionate at this point at it just grows and grows with every year. It takes guts to be this vulnerable in front of an audience. No wonder he was exhausted after he put his body and soul into the performances.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

We don't know his private thoughts, but I imagine he loved Masquerade as much as we did, and absolutely threw his heart and soul into it, knowing that it was just not a piece that would be practical in competition, too intense and emotionally demanding even for a gala piece... plus, this seems to have been a special tour, the audiences (especially Sendai!) were if imaginable even more welcoming and loving than ever. The skaters were probably all affected (well, you saw Scott Moir tear up for Yuzu!)