Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I become an official Yuzu fan when I saw his 101.45 SP in Sochi. And ever since that day I cannot remember a single competition that I feel so relax. I am always so nervous for him. But today is different, I don’t feel nervous for him. I am confident that he will qualify for GPF with two gold medals. Well, I know for sure that I will be nervous again in December during GPF but thatÂ’s still far away from today.

CarolPooh

Rinkside
I become an official Yuzu fan when I saw his 101.45 SP in Sochi. And ever since that day I cannot remember a single competition that I feel so relax. I am always so nervous for him. But today is different, I don’t feel nervous for him. I am confident that he will qualify for GPF with two gold medals. Well, I know for sure that I will be nervous again in December during GPF but thatÂ’s still far away from today.

I am not worried about the gold medals. I am only worried about his health. Last year's Rostelecom traumatized me.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am not worried about the gold medals. I am only worried about his health. Last year's Rostelecom traumatized me.

I feel that way too, Yuzuru is a special man and his health and happiness matter to so many people... and I'm one of them.

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/__pino_____/status/1186061903413407744?s=20 Yuzu's accomplishments were included in this Rugby intro sports montage.

I was cheering hard for team Japan in Rugby, but I'm rather relieved that we won't have to juggle Yuzu's Skate Canada and team Japan playing the World Cup on the same weekend. :drama:

I wrote a comic about it. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3yT9GXnWbC/:biggrin:

World Cup Rugby is AMAZING and I've been enjoying the event much more than figure skating lately. What a great sport the referee can watch the video again and again with multiple angles and we can even listen to what they are saying since their voices are on the microphone (and I know I said the same thing before in this thread :laugh:). I just don't want ACI judging happen again, that's all.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
I'm calm at the moment, but i know i'll be nervous when the competition starts. I'm never nervous because i want him to qualify or win things, i'm more so nervous because i want him to meet his own expectations and be satisfied. This of course means that i won't ever escape the nerves, but honestly that's okay with me. I just want him to perform the way he has envisioned his performance so badly. I want him to be satisfied with whatever he can put out there right now and so i hope he'll achieve that at skate canada, no matter what that might mean.

Anyways, despite the nerves, i'm more than ready for Yuzu week :>

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Is anyone going to be seeing him live this weekend?? :biggrin:

Just checking the schedule and thinking I can stream it live this time!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Is anyone going to be seeing him live this weekend?? :biggrin:

Just checking the schedule and thinking I can stream it live this time!

I’m seeing Yuzu in person for the first time! I have a GOAT plushie that I’m so excited to throw after he skates. :)

yude

Record Breaker

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It seems Yuzuru is the only skater who has been on the podium of WC for the last six years (except for 2018 when he withdrew). He will be 25 in December but still aims for 5 quads without losing his style, I feel so lucky to be able to live with such a great athlete in the same era.

https://twitter.com/Barako_Fu/status/1175750971911065600

Actually, he has not been lower than silver in any competition since 2014 and THAT was the aftermath of the infamous COC smashup.....

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
GOOD LUCK, YUZU! :cheer:

And of course, STAY HEALTHY. :pray:

Ahhhhhh, I'm so excited, someone give me a time warp to Friday! :love:

Come on, Yuzu, break a world record so I don't have to decide which of your costume colors to get my nails done! ...Or even better, break both, then I'll just pick whichever you broke by more points! :biggrin:

Also, full confession... I can't remember if I mentioned this, but every time I get a rink to myself (as I did today), I immediately skate out to the middle and do the SEIMEI ending pose. :laugh: