Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I wonder what on earth they're going to do to gouge prices once Yuzuru retires? Those numbers for GPF are ridiculous!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
They probably won't be able to gouge prices unless another with Yuzu's money magnet abilities comes along.

And as unfair as it is that that's obviously what they're doing, I can't say I wouldn't pay twice those prices if I had the money...

ankifeather

Final Flight
My focus is on the facial expression of the male guest or host of the show watching the video...He had an expression of "I can't believe this is Yuzuru Hanyu!" the whole time lol. But now I think about it, Yuzu really liked taking off his shirt and chucking them when he was a teenager XD...He had that time, when he was a bit more crazy haha. But it is good to have a more HD version of this moment now.

Shedi0806

On the Ice

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I love seeing that analysis of Yuzu's lutz, his technique is so pretty. Even though the thought of him actually performing this jump in competition again makes me break out in hives.. :eek:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love seeing that analysis of Yuzu's lutz, his technique is so pretty. Even though the thought of him actually performing this jump in competition again makes me break out in hives.. :eek:

All the fans are very protective of him, even when we don't have something concrete to worry about :ghug: and when we do... yes, we will all be watching through our fingers.

That lutz was glorious to watch. Me, I think all his quads are unusually beautiful, even to less than expert eyes, his body lines are just so special... even how he tucks his arms in is that much more graceful than many of the rest, and the entries and exits can be unearthly.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So I have a question. Reading Shoma’s thread, it looks like he’s been attending a National team camp. Does Yuzuru not have to go, or is it just that there is no video of him?

Or that I’m missing something? :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So I have a question. Reading Shoma’s thread, it looks like he’s been attending a National team camp. Does Yuzuru not have to go, or is it just that there is no video of him?

Or that I’m missing something? :)

Yuzu wasn't there.
I don't think he's attended National team camp since he moved to Canada.
When JSF wants news on Yuzu they have to wait (like all of us) and squint at the backgrounds of other people's instagrams. (jk) :biggrin:

ankifeather

Final Flight
I think when Yuzu goes to Ninja mode even JSF can't find him...Our only hope of spotting him is instagrams of little girls, Kurakova, Raya and Phan (he seems to not mind these skaters posting his photos/video)

pianistliz

On the Ice
What's everyone's favorite competitive performance of Yuzu this past season? Mine is Rostelecom SP :) I watch it every day.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Rostelecom SP is probably the most brilliant and beautiful (it did win the GS poll for performance of the year) and is hard to go past. But I have such a soft spot for his brave, battered and gritty Worlds Origin (and if we count exhibition pieces - and I think we should because we didn't get enough competition damnit! his Haru yo koi is gorgeous)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yuzu wasn't there.
I don't think he's attended National team camp since he moved to Canada.
When JSF wants news on Yuzu they have to wait (like all of us) and squint at the backgrounds of other people's instagrams. (jk) :biggrin:

Thanks - in the US, I’m pretty sure the annual Champs Camp is required for all skaters with senior GP assignments, so I guess it’s quite different to Japan.

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
What's everyone's favorite competitive performance of Yuzu this past season? Mine is Rostelecom SP :) I watch it every day.

I have to go with Otoñal at Rostelcom as well.. to me thats actually one of his best performances of all time, much less last season. :luv17:

I actually love the choreo and step sequences of Origin the most at Rostelecom too... but it’s hard to watch the whole program knowing he’s in pain. :(