Just So Likeable... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Just So Likeable...

DonnaR

On the Ice
I'm sure I'll think of more but definitely Misha Ge, Elladj Balde and Kevin Aymoz.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Alot of my favorites already mentioned, Elladj and Jason among them...
I will add Gubonova for her exquisite interpretations and Julian Yee whose humor is so infectious... would LOVE to see him share the ice with Elladj and Jason...:pray: :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brezina, without question, tops my list.

He is the cactus of all cacti.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Adding to those already mentioned, among current skaters:

Fear/Gibson
Guignard/Fabbri
Manta/Johnson
Popova/Mozgov

treblemakerem

On the Ice
What a great thread. I agree with pretty much everyone mentioned and will add Nam Nguyen and Sota Yamamoto!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Adding to those already mentioned, among current skaters:

Fear/Gibson
Guignard/Fabbri
Manta/Johnson
Popova/Mozgov

How could I forget Popova & Mozgov!!!???
Also among the up and comings, Artur Danielian, Petr Gummenick, Camden Pulkinen, Vladimir Litvintsev, Avonley N. & Vadym K. are very, very much promising as well! :agree:

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
There are soo many of them, because apart from Javi and P/C I'm always team!underdog and team!small_federation, so for me it is:

- Sergei Voronov - he's just such a normal guy (in the best sense of the word) and when he smiles ;)
- Maxim Kovtun - no other skater has ever awaken the motherly instincts in me more than him (and I'm just a few years older than him), I can't say I understood his programs or his choices but just one of his deer-caught-in-headlights-looks was enough and I was a fan forever. (I remember some of you described it as "he looks scared like before a dentist's visit - :roll5:)
- Michal Březina - such a graceful skater and I think now he's skating for the spectators more, is more open - and for me a big part of skater's charisma or likeability comes from the fact that the skater really skates for the public
- Sara and Kirill - they are just perfect together and Sara has so much charisma to light up the whole competition just by herself
- Javier Raya - his voice is such a tiny font , you have to love him
- Matteo Rizzo - still in this category, but I believe that he won't be here for long because he will be our future European king ;) His love for his country, his light-heartedness (the Mbappe-slide?!), his joy :love:
- Kevin Aymoz - it's interesting how charismatic and outgoing he is on the ice while he's so shy off the ice, it's endearing
- Misha Ge - doesn't matter if he does a funny program or a soulful one, it always feels just right, he also really skates for the people
- Nam Nguyen
- Donovan Carillo - he has so much charisma that his SP at WC2018 was enough and he totally won our TV commentators over :love:
- Laura Barquero / Aritz Maestu :sad21:
- Valentina / Ondrej - who can withstand such an explosion of energy?
- Matyáš Bělohradský - great entertainer, he brought the arena down (it was at his home jgp but still)
- Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac - there is just something about them, something classical, something a bit mysterious
- Maria Kazakova / Georgi Reviya (initially, the sole reason why I got interested was Georgi's flapping hair, well, that was enough charisma for me...)
- Davide Lewton Brain - he's got the Javi-charm (and costumes which is a plus because had he had anything shiny or bright I'm sure I wouldn't have paid him that much attention at first which would be a shame ;))

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All of these suggestions are making me smile so much!

I can't do this list without Nobunari Oda and Jason Brown, Smile Meisters in Chief. Thank you guys. If there is a show or competition you are in, I'm watching it. And Gary Beacom is a long time fav for all things quirky.

And add another vote for Alexander Gaszi & Nelli Zhiganshina, Donovan Carillo, and Deniss Vasiljevs.

Of those not mentioned yet (and I love most all of them), Karina Manta & Joseph Johnson. I have been watching their 2019 US Nationals FD any time I needed a smile. USFS says it is the most played video on their youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCugp67NNmUn

I have to add Ross Miner too.

And Robert Wagenhoffer. He did win World Pro back in the day, but never medalled as an amateur. Like Nobu, the rules did not fit how he rolled.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
- Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac - there is just something about them, something classical, something a bit mysterious

I really like them too!
Also, as others have said: Della Monica/Guarise, Guignard/Fabbri, Piper/Paul... In fact, I agree with pretty much everyone mentioned but have to add Miriam Ziegler and Severin Kiefer, they seem so lovely, can't wait to see their new programs this season.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Julian Yee (His EXs are gold)
Loena Hendrickxx (always passionate)
Maé-Bérénice Méité (great performer, great dresses too)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Elladj Balde, Donovan Carrillo, Sergei Voronov, P. J. Hallam, Jason Brown, Kevon Aymoz, Misha Ge, Michal Brezina, Alexander - the Mask- Majorov, Andreas Nordeback, Alexei Bychenko, Deniss Vasiljevs, Ivan Righini, Della Monica/Guarise, Gillies/Poirier, Fear/Gibson, Komatsubara/Koleto, Ivet Toth, Eva Lotta Kiibus, Mae Berenice Meite

withwings

On the Ice
Tatsuki Machida- unique (and late blooming) talent...Machida has left a deep and unforgettable impression (on me). Diamond.

Josee Chouinard - charisma! joy! a sparkling presence!

These two short- lived pairs- Kirsten Moore Towers/Dylan Moskovitch and[/I] Juliane Sequin/Charlie Biledou- touched my heart.
Kirsten and Dylan certainly had tons of "it" factor, the same Juliane and Charlie. Potential of these two pairs imho was unlimited.

Oh, yes, there have been-and for many different reasons!- so many unpolished DIAMONDS in figure skating...sky of figure skating without them would be borring and incomplete...