Professional fitter in Washington State (WA) | Golden Skate

Professional fitter in Washington State (WA)

shalina

Spectator
I moved to Seattle, WA recently and am looking for a professional skate fitter. I've always skated in Risports but couldn't find a dealer in WA when looking at Risport's website (looked like they were all on the East Coast).

It's been a LONG time since I bought new skates and all the Risport models look different online now so I have no idea what to buy. My feet have gone up a size since gaining weight (my 235s feel pinched and uncomfortable so I was thinking 240 in a C width would work but for $500ish skates and $500ish blades, I want to be sure).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fitter that would have different brands of skates I could possibly try on and who can make recommendations on what I should buy? I'm nervous about switching brands but I'm in desperate need of a new pair of boots and blades!

If it helps, my last pair of skates were RF2 Supers with MK Vision blades.

Thank you in advance!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I bought my most recent skates from Rick Stevens at the highland ice rink. He is very good- I drove from Portland to see him. He was able to identify why my old skates hurt me and recommended what brand I should try (my current Jacksons which feel great). Good luck!