Is the new Edea Ice Fly tongue an improvement? | Golden Skate

Is the new Edea Ice Fly tongue an improvement?

christy

On the Ice
I currently have the original Edea Ice Flies, but see that Edea have changed the tongue. Has anyone tried both and is the new tongue better than the old one? I was just wondering why they changed it?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I currently have the original Edea Ice Flies, but see that Edea have changed the tongue. Has anyone tried both and is the new tongue better than the old one? I was just wondering why they changed it?

I wear Concertos but I haven't heard anything good about the new tongue on the Ice Fly's. One of the changes they made was to make the bit you lace through on the tongue much thinner, and I know several skaters who've had it snap right off. Some of them reported the tongue buckling into the boot, putting pressure on their feet/toes. They might have made changes since the early rollout of the new model but I remain skeptical.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Several friends wear these and hate the new tongue. Issues with lacing and more.

christy

On the Ice
Interesting. So it's not a positive change. Hopefully pairs with the old tongue are still around.