2019-20 Predictions Games Launch | Golden Skate

2019-20 Predictions Games Launch

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Predictions Games for the 2019-20 Season will be starting soon, so here is a thread where we can discuss the plans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As you know, during the Junior Grand Prix Series we held an experiment to see how forms could be used within the Predictions Game to streamline the scoring process so that it would be less time consuming for the scorers.

Being able to copy and paste all the sets of predictions into the algorithm in one go did indeed speed things up considerably. However, there were unforeseen side-effects to using forms which cancelled out this benefit.

The problem was that there were a lot of changes happening to the entry lists at each competition. And because players were not able to edit their predictions once they were submitted, they had to re-submit them. And weeding out all the duplicate sets of predictions made the process just as time consuming as it would have been if we were copying and pasting each set of predictions individually.

Now that the normal Junior Grand Prix rounds are over, the scorers and I have evaluated the experiment and have reached the conclusion that whilst there are many benefits to using forms, they are outweighed by the drawbacks that arise from not being able to edit predictions once they are submitted.

Consequently, going forward, we will now be reverting back to the traditional method of submitting predictions in threads here on the forum.

Thank you to everybody who took part in the experiment, be they players or scorers.

And on the subject of scorers, now that we know what way the Predictions Games will look this season, I would like to make an appeal for volunteers to be scorers for the Senior GP Game.

Whether you are new to scoring or have done it before, your help will be most welcome.

If you would like to be a scorer, you can either make your intentions known in this thread, or else send me a PM. And I will get back to you.

Let the fun begin :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Guys, I am bumping this up because I am really struggling to get to put together a scorers timetable.

At the moment, we only have 5 scorers (including myself) who are available for the whole GP Series. There are also 3 more scorers that can do some events.

As you know, I prefer not to have people scoring on consecutive weeks, so that they can have a break between events. But, when using that model to allow for a couple of scorers going to competitions later in the GP Series, it means that at the moment we only have 1 slot definitely filled for Skate America this week (Ice Dance). I will do another slot (which category will depend on how things develop), but that still leaves 2 slots empty.

I realise it is probably too late now for new scorers to learn the ropes in time for Skate America. But, if any of our past scorers fancy another go, and are willing to start this week, I would be eternally grateful!

So, if anybody would like to volunteer, please get in touch with me either by PM, or in this thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Antyv

On the Ice
As you know, I prefer not to have people scoring on consecutive weeks, so that they can have a break between events. But, when using that model to allow for a couple of scorers going to competitions later in the GP Series, it means that at the moment we only have 1 slot definitely filled for Skate America this week (Ice Dance). I will do another slot (which category will depend on how things develop), but that still leaves 2 slots empty.

I realise it is probably too late now for new scorers to learn the ropes in time for Skate America. But, if any of our past scorers fancy another go, and are willing to start this week, I would be eternally grateful!

So, if anybody would like to volunteer, please get in touch with me either by PM, or in this thread.

CaroLiza_fan
I can count the ice dance in Skate America, although I can’t get all the forecasts automatically. It would be nice to make rules for entering the names of the skaters. So far it turns out so.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r27Xy-ZAHvpAV1PXvIW6vdszvv_XuY6j
If you want, within 3 days after the competition I’ll do it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can count the ice dance in Skate America, although I can’t get all the forecasts automatically. It would be nice to make rules for entering the names of the skaters. So far it turns out so.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r27Xy-ZAHvpAV1PXvIW6vdszvv_XuY6j
If you want, within 3 days after the competition I’ll do it.

Ice Dance is actually the category that I do have a definite scorer for at Skate America. In fact, we have all the Ice Dance slots filled for the entire season! :biggrin:

I know - I couldn't believe it either when all the slots were filled within a couple of hours of the Senior GP Game opening!

But thank you for your offer.

CaroLiza_fan

Antyv

On the Ice
Ice Dance is actually the category that I do have a definite scorer for at Skate America. In fact, we have all the Ice Dance slots filled for the entire season! :biggrin:

I know - I couldn't believe it either when all the slots were filled within a couple of hours of the Senior GP Game opening!

But thank you for your offer.

CaroLiza_fan

So help is no longer required in any disciplines?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So help is no longer required in any disciplines?

Oh no. I didn't mean that. It is just Ice Dance that is filled up.

We do need scorers for the other categories.

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh no. I didn't mean that. It is just Ice Dance that is filled up.

We do need scorers for the other categories.

CaroLiza_fan

I can count for Pairs for Skate America and all the other GP events. Will just need instructions on how to do it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can count for Pairs for Skate America and all the other GP events. Will just need instructions on how to do it.

Thank you so much for your kind offer.

I will send you a PM now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know, we are all sorted now with scorers for the Senior GP Game.

Some scorers have stayed on from the Junior GP Game; we have some new scorers; and we even have a scorer who is returning after 5 years!

Thank you to everybody who has volunteered to help.

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan