Good Tanos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Good Tanos

halulupu

Final Flight
Queen of tanos is of course zhenya! She made it a thing, its her signature move and I would argue she having some really pretty ones.

Worst tanos: Sotskova, they destoyed her otherwise pretty jumps

Rissa

Record Breaker
I can't believe so many people here think Evgenia's tanos are good. Sure, it's her signature, but not in a good way.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kinda think all tanos are good in some way or another. It gives character and seeing 99% of the skaters jumping the exact same way was a little boring. I’d rather see a tano spammed program than a no tano program.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Queen of tanos is of course zhenya! She made it a thing, its her signature move and I would argue she having some really pretty ones.

Worst tanos: Sotskova, they destoyed her otherwise pretty jumps

Actually Sima was the OG tano slayer...Zhenya and Eteri borrowed it from her when she first came to Eteri. Plus they helped her with her UR’s which gives them a bit of practicality.

Also....I liked Masha’s tanos. They were very different and not just the “raise your hand in class” variety.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I kinda think all tanos are good in some way or another. It gives character and seeing 99% of the skaters jumping the exact same way was a little boring. I’d rather see a tano spammed program than a no tano program.

Wow. And I think all of them with bent arms look goofy and stupid. It's like a deodorant commercial from Hell...

But hey De gustibus and all that jazz...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm treading into dangerous waters here, but I actually like Maria Sotskova's arm position, I guess it's not a proper Tano, but I thought it her's were very balletic. :p "Proper" Tanos on the other hand often strike me as stiff and unappealing to look at.

To each their own I guess.

ruga

Final Flight
Maria's tano isn't that bad because at least it looks controlled and remains the same throughout the jump. IMO the tanos that are intended to be nice and straight or slighty curved but end up unstable and labored are worse (Medvedeva used to have something similar to this sometimes, although now it's better).