Papadakis & Cizeron's Very Candid Interview re Olympics 2018 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Papadakis & Cizeron's Very Candid Interview re Olympics 2018

Eleanor

On the Ice
^^ I've repaired something in a (usually favorite) piece of clothing using hand stitching and/or machine stitching. One thing I've noticed is that each repair weakens the material around it, making it tear very close to or spot on the original repair. Eventually I have to admit "it's gone" and hopefully I can re-order an exact replacement!

I'm not saying Papadakis and Cizeron were sabotaged by their own team. I'm not willing to assume or to go that far.

But the weakening of the fabric is something I've been thinking about, amongst all the talk that this problem existed earlier in the season. To an experienced seamstress/seamster, I think it should have occurred to someone that they were weakening that exact, critical spot on the costume.

Very true. Maybe she thought it would be okay one last time...She may not have had the time to completely remove the damaged part and sew something new. They probably did not have enough time to test it numerous times to see how the costume responded.

However, something went terribly wrong with these costumes. Either P/C did not received the right advice or they decided to ignore it. We may never know. They took a risk and it backfired. Who decided to take that risk ? Again, we may never know

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Erps. I only now see that this has been reposted here... Huzzah...?

I spent more time afterwards checking some weirdness that I had found while translating, and it appears that I simply misread or did not get the meaning correctly. So yes, there are some small mistakes in the translation, and two that I find important, both in the section at the end when the points came. Gaby says that they didn't want any harm to Tessa and Scott, but they thought of THEMSELVES, not of everything. And when they were at the medal ceremony, she said that there were people looking EMBARRASSED, not confused.

I'm going to copy/past the corrected version in if I still can. It's from several weeks ago now. Bleh.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
this thread is a literal dumpster fire lol
Compared to some other forum (that will remain unnamed), where the moderators merrily join in bullying certain posters, this thread is a VERY civilized conversation!

BrentWolgamott

Rinkside
I am IN LOVE!!!! i have always enjoyed them, but I LOVE the honesty! When they said

"HIM: We were seated in a sort of tent. We watched Tessa and Scott's performance on a screen.

It's hard to go back and relive those moments. We've never really gone through it in detail again.

SHE: I remember that I watched each of their elements. For each element, we wanted them to screw up, and they never screwed up. It was like: “Sh-t, they didn't screw that one up, sh-t. Sh-t. Sh-t.” They didn't screw up at all, in the end. It was only fair game to wish for it. We didn't wish them any harm, but we thought of ourselves."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I have so much respect for them, more than i had before. The honesty -- the raw truth -- is a breath of fresh air.