Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner | Golden Skate

Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One of my favorite pairs ever. The unison! The edges! The pull Arabians!

Tai was born September 22, 1960 in Los Angeles, California. Randy was born December 2, 1958. They skated for the United States. They began skating together when he was 10 and she was 8. Their first coach was Mabel Fairbanks and they were later coached by Mr. John Nicks. Together they are 5 time US Champions and 1979 World Champions. They are two time Olympians. They are also the 1973 Nebelhorn Trophy winners. Tai and Randy skated professionally together from 1980 until 2008.

Tai's Twitter
Randy had a twitter but has deactivated. His documentary has an Instagram account:

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds 1979, part 1 of 2. I asked Tai (via Twitter, it's not like I have her phone number) what she was throwing up in the air and she said it was her lucky crucifix. That was also in the movie.

And part 2 of 2 (scores and awards)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tai & Randy & Figure Skating...this is like an hour long podcast, I haven't finished it yet.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh that brings me right back to the empty feeling I got in the pit of my stomach when I saw Randy fall in that final warm up. Arrrgh I almost wish I didn't read that article.
It brings me back to Uncle Dick’s voice cracking when he said they had withdrawn. Such a pity. Today they could easily skate professionally and still compete in the next Olympics.