Incorrect mounting | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Incorrect mounting

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Have you got the Edea Viep passport? You might use it as a warranty for the quality of the product. It may be a manufacturing defect but also something might have gone wrong during the mounting process. Anyway, don't give up. Ice Fly cost an eye and an arm and for no reason you should be ignored.

alexat

Rinkside
Have you got the Edea Viep passport? You might use it as a warranty for the quality of the product. It may be a manufacturing defect but also something might have gone wrong during the mounting process. Anyway, don't give up. Ice Fly cost an eye and an arm and for no reason you should be ignored.

Yes I do, I kept everything including the receipt. I contacted edea and they responded straight away and told me to contact the dealer, but the dealer is taking a very long time to get back to me and don't seem to be accepting any responsibility :(

thesoundofice

Rinkside
So sorry to hear that ☹️. If only you could prove in some way that they have a responsibility it would be perfect. I don't t know how and what could be useful. Maybe a picture of the boots taken before and after mounting. But unless you're a bit paranoid you wouldn't have thought about something like that.

alexat

Rinkside
So sorry to hear that ☹️. If only you could prove in some way that they have a responsibility it would be perfect. I don't t know how and what could be useful. Maybe a picture of the boots taken before and after mounting. But unless you're a bit paranoid you wouldn't have thought about something like that.

I know :( I don't have any pictures of them prior to being mounted. I contacted edea last weekend and they responded to me straight away, acknowledged what I had to say and forwarded my email to the owner of the store I bought them from. Edea said I need to deal with them first. 5 days later, still no proper response, just excuses like "the stitching probably moved" and that my boots are fine. It is so frustrating because these skates are TERRIBLE. If it was something as simple as a mounting issue I wouldn't even contact them, it would be an easy fix. I think I would know if there was something so wrong with my skates

annajzdf

Rinkside
Yes, yes they are if they touch the front. This is not proper fitting if they touch the front, that means they are too small. You risk injury.

To ever have a proper fitted boot, you are going to have to get over wanting the feeling of your toes touching the tip of the inside of your boots.

At which point shouldn't the toes be touching the front? When the boots have been already worn for some time and are broken in, or when you're first trying them on? :confused:

alexat

Rinkside
At which point shouldn't the toes be touching the front? When the boots have been already worn for some time and are broken in, or when you're first trying them on? :confused:

Unprofessional opinion here - only an intermediate skater, but I didn't get the next size down because my toes were literally hitting the end/curling over, my current size is perfect fit, not touching the end but not too much space. I was told it all comes down to personal preference, some people like more wiggle room.