Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES

Nirti

Medalist
Things went well for many skaters at the Skate Helena in Beograd : 6 of them directly qualified to Junior Worlds! Congratulations to Katanovic (CRO), Lankila (FIN), Egadze (GEO), Komova (GBR), Beschea (ROM) and Hagara (SVK). They are all the only eligible national skater in their category. Ilinova (BUL) reached the SP TES only.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Thank you, Nirti, but it's better to say Belgrade for better understanding.
I am especially glad for Katanovic because he missed The Golden Spin 2019 Gala in order to train hard to get that Junior Worlds TES.

Nirti

Medalist
Little update after the European championships : of course every skater there already had the TES for Euros :biggrin: so only TES for Worlds were to reach. The only good surprise came from Nikolaj Majorov (SWE), which got both SP and FS TES to Worlds. His fellow countryman Solomin got the SP TES only... as he finished 25th and thus didn't had the opportunity to skate the FS!

The same weekend during the Reykjavik International Games, only Saari (AUT) and Christensen (DEN) reached the FS TES for Junior Worlds.

No events scheduled next weekend, and the weekend after (6-9 february) will be the last occasion to reach TES for Junior Worlds in not less than 5 different events. Fingers crossed for everybody!

DenissVFan

Medalist
I was really sad that Dasa Grm failed to reach the raised minimum TES :( She must have been under pressure to do it.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Linnea Ceder from Finland reached also both new ones for WC. Probably she will not get the spot, but she can be subsitute. But everything is possible, she is cabable to skate better and is able to do 3-3 combination. She is holding the place for JWC, but there are couple of competitions left and Vera Stolt and Sofia Sula can beat her score in theory, if they skate clean.

Edit: Linnea had the old ones for WC before they raised the demand, but they were just below the new ones.

Miller

Final Flight
Maia Mazzara also got the SP TES, though presumably she'll go to Junior Worlds with Mae Berenice going to Senior Worlds.

Nirti

Medalist
Oh indeed, how could I forgot Maia Mazzara. After her Euros she probably will be the "alternate de luxe" for Maé-Bérénice Meité (don't know if this expression works in english...), and of course, have first to focus on Junior Worlds.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
she's now listed for dragon trophy this weekend, so she has another chance.

50.77 fs tes, and 29.45 SP. Did she miss both? It must be painful to be so close, but not.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
50.77 fs tes, and 29.45 SP. Did she miss both? It must be painful to be so close, but not.

She already had the SP minimum TES (32.80 from 2019 Worlds). It's the FS minimum TES she still needs to achieve (she currently has 50.88 from the 2018 Golden Spin).

If I were her, I would be getting seriously peeved off. Because her TES today was also above the previous minimum.

Tomorrow week is the cut-off date. So, this week's competitions (the Bavarian Open and the Nordic Open) are the last opportunity for the Singles and Pairs skaters (the Dancers also have the Egna Dance Trophy).

I know that when I last suggested that the organisers of these competitions should allow late entries given the circumstances, I was told that Oberstdorf can be hard to get to, as it is quite far from airports. But, in Daša's case, it would be well worth the 7 hour drive from Celje!

PLEASE LET DAŠA HAVE A LATE ENTRY, EISSPORT CLUB OBERSTDORF!!! :bow:

(and anybody else that may need it and is able to get there ;) )

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
She already had the SP minimum TES (32.80 from 2019 Worlds). It's the FS minimum TES she still needs to achieve (she currently has 50.88 from the 2018 Golden Spin).

If I were her, I would be getting seriously peeved off. Because her TES today was also above the previous minimum.

Tomorrow week is the cut-off date. So, this week's competitions (the Bavarian Open and the Nordic Open) are the last opportunity for the Singles and Pairs skaters (the Dancers also have the Egna Dance Trophy).

I know that when I last suggested that the organisers of these competitions should allow late entries given the circumstances, I was told that Oberstdorf can be hard to get to, as it is quite far from airports. But, in Daša's case, it would be well worth the 7 hour drive from Celje!

PLEASE LET DAŠA HAVE A LATE ENTRY, EISSPORT CLUB OBERSTDORF!!! :bow:

(and anybody else that may need it and is able to get there ;) )

CaroLiza_fan

Cut off is 24th February. So Sofia Trophy, Tallin Hotels, Jegvirag Cup and Challenge Cup are also valid.
Grm is entered at Sofia Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cut off is 24th February. So Sofia Trophy, Tallin Hotels, Jegvirag Cup and Challenge Cup are also valid.
Grm is entered at Sofia Trophy

Sorry, I inadvertantly read the date for Junior Worlds when I looked at the OP. :bang: :bang: :bang: :slink:

Well, at least those extra 2 weeks mean that there some more opportunities. Although, being realistic, if she isn't doing any competitions this week, it will probably be only one shot.

Oh, I hope Daša and some of the others affected can make it through, and make a point to the ISU.

Thank you for the correction, Andrea82.

CaroLiza_fan

DenissVFan

Medalist
At the moment I seem to be more invested in the race to the minimum TES than in the race to the podium.

Nirti

Medalist
So unlike what I wrote last week, there was one event scheduled last weekend: the Dragon Trophy in Ljubljana

A good occasion for European skaters to get TES. Schaller (AUT) is now eligible to Worlds, while Bayir (TUR) got the SP TES.
Some new skaters to Junior Worlds : Cvijanovic & Kosic (CRO), Gardini & C. Gutmann (ITA), Mijatovic (SRB) have now the opportunity to go there.
Brusi (FIN), Baldan (ITA), Voicu (ROM), Sedej (SLO) got the SP TES and Zadra (ITA) and Krmelj (SLO) the FS one.

Last 3 events to get TES for Junior Worlds this week. Here's a quick list of the skaters from countries there's no other already-qualified skaters in their categories:
- Bavarian Open : Marshall (LUX), Isaacs (RSA), Novotna/Husakov (CZE), Crafoord/Crafoord (SWE), Lambin/Enev (BEL)
- Nordics Open : all the Icelandic and Norwegian girls
- Egna Trophy : Ivanitskiy/Kyyhkynen (FIN)

Good luck to everybody!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the moment I seem to be more invested in the race to the minimum TES than in the race to the podium.

So am I! I totally get your point on this score. And Nirti has done such a great job on this score. Hurrah for you Nirti, for keeping us informed about all these interesting skaters, whether they are medal bound or not.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Cassandra Johansson from Sweden just reached both at Nordics. Linnea Ceder, FIN, is still missing from the WC list, she got also both at Euros. It is unlikely she will get the spot, but at the moment she will the substitute number. 2, according to Finnish federation's rules.