Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES

Andrea82

Medalist
And now the race to Europeans' TES is over and some national championships already skated, we have an idea about how much skaters will compete in Graz.

And the very good new is for pair skating. Do you remember this year, when only 10 pairs took part at the Free Skating, which was not seen than 1989? Forget about it, next month we could see 21 entries!

France, Italy and Russia have more than 3 eligible pairs for their 3 spots

Italy and France have waived on the third pair.

Andrea82

Medalist
Very little update after the Grand Prix of Bratislava (junior event), where Gureeva/Serov (RUS) got the TES for Junior Worlds and Hagara (SVK) the SP TES only.

And now the race to Europeans' TES is over and some national championships already skated, we have an idea about how much skaters will compete in Graz.

And the very good new is for pair skating. Do you remember this year, when only 10 pairs took part at the Free Skating, which was not seen than 1989? Forget about it, next month we could see 21 entries!

France, Italy and Russia have more than 3 eligible pairs for their 3 spots, Germany has 3 eligible pairs for 2 spots, Spain has 2 pairs for 2 spots. Only Croatia and UK will use only of their 2 spots. Austria, Hungary, Israel, Ukraine and Switzerland all have one eligible pair and Netherlands already announced Danilova/Tsiba as their selected pair. And from the senior pairs who competed this season, only Zhuk/Bidar won't be in Graz (release issue?) after not having competed internationaly for the moment.

We could see 27 dance teams (25 last season), France and Russia will have a large choice for their 3 spots. Italy, Poland and Spain have 2 eligible pairs for their 2 spots, UK already announced its team (2 spots). Finland, Germany, Hungary and Ukraine have the choiche for their only spot, Switzerland already announced its selection. For Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania and Turkey, there's no suspense.

At the men event, we'll see probably 36 skaters (37 this year). Italy and Russia can chose between many skaters for their 3 spots, the same for Czech Republic, France, Israel and Sweden for their 2 spots. Georgia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots and Spain only 1 skater for 2 spots... Unless if Javier Raya decide to go back to competition. For the other spots, there's only a "?" for Poland, as Igor Reznichenko didn't compete this season and no other skater reached the TES.

It's more complicated to say how many ladies will take part. Last season they were 36, this season probably between 37 and 41. Sorensen and Sauter are the only eligible skater for Denmark and Romania, but didn't compete this fall. Slovakia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots, but Rajicova didn't compete too. Hendrickx was injured but announced her intention to enter, she's the only eligible skater for Belgium.

Entry lists are out.

Ice Dance as you expected.
Men 35 because as you predicted Igor Reznichenko is not there but also no Spanish men (Alonso Serrano withdrew from Nationals because of an injury).
Ladies are 39. Sauter and Hendrickx are entered. Sorensen and Rajicova not
Pairs 19 because of Italy and France not using third spot (not even named as subs)

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The minimum TES for ladies has been raised: https://mobile.twitter.com/europeonice/status/1214919867272507393

It's rather late for such a change if you ask me.

Yeah being able to make a change this late doesn't seem great, but fortunately there is enough time for skaters to compete again for minimums.

These ladies are the ones i see that are affected by this change. In brackets is which minimum(s) they are now missing.

Sophia Schaller AUT (FS)
Emily Bausback CAN (SP)
Aurora Cotop CAN (SP)
Gerli Liinamae EST (SP)
Linnea Ceder FIN (SP, FS)
Kristen Spours GBR (SP)
Julia Lang HUN (SP, FS)
Sara Conti ITA (FS)
Hina Takeno JPN (FS)
Julia Sauter ROU (SP, FS)
Dasa Grm SLO (FS)
Valentina Matos ESP (SP)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Forget this, I read the wrong list.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
List updated with the new ladies TES

Thank you Nirti for all the effort this late in the day. Now, I'm hoping Niki Wories will get her TES FS at Euros, otherwise this could be a difficult one. That said, both Kyarha van Tiel and Niki will skate at Challenge Cup which would probably be the defining competition in any case: the one who ends highest up will also be the National champion and probably going to Worlds. But obviously the winner has to have the minimum TES, and for now Kyarha has got those already. This makes the rivalry between the two ladies even fiercer.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
When did Natasha McKay get her scores? From what I've seen doing my own research, she's short both scores now.

Nirti

Medalist
Welcome to the 2nd part of the season with some new TES earned in Poland (Mentor Cup) and Romania (EDU Trophy)

Loupolover (BUL) and Seclet-Monchot/Manceaux (FRA) are now eligible to Worlds.
Fukase/Cho (JPN) and Zhang (USA) are now eligible to 4 Continents. They both earned the FD/S TES for Worlds too.
Grigorova (BUL) and Lace (LAT) are now eligible to Euros. Puzanau (BLR) got the FS TES only.
Some more skaters to Junior Worlds : Alcantara (AUS), Alieva/Biktimirov (AZE), Kazlou (BLR), Steffen (SUI). Suntsev (FIN) and Klimova/Pylin got the SP/RD score only, Jackson (AUS) and Reichmacherova (CZE) the FS one only.

It was the last occasion to qualify to 4 Continents. So we may see there 28 men (3 for Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Korea and USA, 2 for Kazakhstan, Philippines and Taiwan, 1 for Hongkong, Malaisia, Mexico and Thailand), 24-25 ladies (3 for Canada, Japan, Korea and USA, 2 for China, Hongkong and Taiwan, 1 or 2 for Kazakhstan (Tursynbaeva?), 1 for Australia, Brasil, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore,), 16 dance teams (3 for Australia Canada, China and USA, 2 for Japan, 1 for Kazakhstan and Korea) and 13 pairs (3 for Canada, China and USA, 1 for Australia, Japan, North Korea and Philippines)

Weathergal

Medalist
Thanks Nirti! I always really appreciate the comprehensive information you provide on the competitors,.especially the ones from smaller feds. :thank:

Nirti

Medalist
Thank you! :hap85:

Little update after the Youth Olympics : Pelkonen (FIN), Fleming/Isbell and Kapeikis (USA) are now eligible to Junior Worlds.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thank you! :hap85:

Little update after the Youth Olympics : Pelkonen (FIN), Fleming/Isbell and Kapeikis (USA) are now eligible to Junior Worlds.

Does Nella Pelkonen has also FS? SP TES She got from EYOF, but her FS was 32.52 and she has not competed very much at international ISU level before neither. It was a little bit surprise that she won Junior Nationals and does not belong to national team, that's the reason.

Nirti

Medalist
Does Nella Pelkonen has also FS? SP TES She got from EYOF, but her FS was 32.52 and she has not competed very much at international ISU level before neither. It was a little bit surprise that she won Junior Nationals and does not belong to national team, that's the reason.

Yes, she got 40.25 at the Open of Andorra, where she finished 4th. I was surprised to see her on the list for Youth Olympics, but then realised that Stolt, Sula and Ceder are all born in 2002 so too "old" to compete there. But one of these 3 will probably go to Junior Worlds I presume?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes, she got 40.25 at the Open of Andorra, where she finished 4th. I was surprised to see her on the list for Youth Olympics, but then realised that Stolt, Sula and Ceder are all born in 2002 so too "old" to compete there. But one of these 3 will probably go to Junior Worlds I presume?

Thank you and i checked, you have it right. For some reason I missed her from the local federation's list, but it is mentioned also there.

Your question about JWC: Probably yes. There are quite equal, while Vera most talented jumper, Linnea maybe the best performer, but I would bet on Sofia because of the best balance of both, if they all could skate they both programs clean in some competition early enough before JWC. Local rule is clear at singles: The skater (or skaters if there are more than 1 spot) with best SB at the moment selections are made will get the spot. At the moment Linnea is holding the place, but others are near and there are some competitions left. There you can see the list: https://www.stll.fi/maajoukkue/seasonbest/season-best-yksinluistelu/ Nella is 5th. "Muuut kuin MJ luistelijat" means that skater does not belong to national team. Janna Jyrkinen, who is 4th at junior SB list, was born 2007 and so she is too young to compete internationally at junior level this season. It is interesting that Sofia Sula has the best SP TES of all the ladies so far. Usually they make the decision after Nordic open.