Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Gracie would have to be added to the international selection pool in order to receive an international. (I've no idea what the necessary ISP score is for the ladies, but she is not currently on the list). Generally speaking, for athletes who are not added prior to Nationals, a very good result at Nationals can earn an athlete a late international like the Bavarian Open or the Challenge Cup. Also, generally speaking, this means no 4CCs.

Nirti

Medalist
I can't find the detailed technical scores from the SEA Games and I don't know where and when they'll be posted, so I already update the tables with the TES reached at the Bosphorus Cup.

Kondratiuk (RUS) is now eligible to both European/4 Continents and Worlds.
Lebedev (BLR) and Oktar (TUR) are now eligible to Worlds. Bayir (TUR) is eligible to Europeans and got the FS TES for Worlds. Verhaegh/Van Geffen (NED), Surova (POL) and Saygi (TUR) earned the SP/RD score for Euros only.
The following skaters are now eligible to Junior Worlds : Kuznetsova/Brykalov (AZE), Sewall/Kolosovskyi (ISR), Khlopkov (POL), Baranova, Davidenko/Galaev, Fedorov and Mamchenkova/Volkov (RUS), Zehnder/Sieber (SUI), Rudkovskyi (UKR). Bitadze/Kaygorodtsev (GEO) and Ovalioglu (TUR) reached the RD/SP score only.

Nirti

Medalist
Oh, thanks :hap85:

It would have been sad to miss that, because Allison Perticheto (PHI) managed to achieve the SP TES and thus, qualify for Worlds.
Chloe Ing (SGP) reached the FS TES for Worlds and was not far from the SP one.

Nirti

Medalist
This weekend was the last chance to get the TES to Europeans. 4 Continents skaters (but not the pairs) have a last chance to reach it at the beginning of january.

Danielian (RUS) got the TES for both Euros and Worlds.
Garabedian/Proulx-Senecal (ARM), Economides (FRA), Dozzi/Valdez (HUN) and Tultseva/Belovodchenko (RUS) got the TES for Worlds.
Zhu (CHN) got the TES for 4 Continents.
Reshtenko (CZE), Jagoda (GER), Conti/Macii (ITA), Danilova/Tsiba (NED), Broda/Betegon (ESP), Herbrikova/Roulet (SUI) got the TES for Europeans. Special congratulations for all these pairs!
Mendoza/Kovalev (FRA) and Danilova/Tsiba (NED) got the FS TES for Worlds, Wories (NED) the SP one and Klinovitskaia/Partanen got the SP TES for Euros.
Buch-Weeke/Woodcock (DEN), Bitadze/Kaygorodtsev (GEO), Lopusova/Kazimov (GER), Gillies/Tarry (GBR), Memola (ITA), Oliver/Andari (POL), Rybakova/Makhnonosov and Tsibinova (RUS), Andrews, Cheng and Deardorff/Johnson (USA) all got the TES for Junior Worlds. Gowrie (SUI) got the FS TES only.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I'm sorry if I missed something, but where did Herbrikova/Roulet (SUI) get the TES for Europeans? At Golden Spin they hit only FS TES of 42.59 points. Their best SP TES was from Volvo Open Cup 23.65 points which is enough for Junior Worlds, but not for Europeans. According to the team's ISU profile they competed at Finlandia Trophy, Volvo Open Cup, Warsaw Cup and Golden Spin of Zagreb.

Andrea82

Medalist
I'm sorry if I missed something, but where did Herbrikova/Roulet (SUI) get the TES for Europeans? At Golden Spin they hit only FS TES of 42.59 points. Their best SP TES was from Volvo Open Cup 23.65 points which is enough for Junior Worlds, but not for Europeans. According to the team's ISU profile they competed at Finlandia Trophy, Volvo Open Cup, Warsaw Cup and Golden Spin of Zagreb.

Previous season's scores are still valid for minimum TES. Therefore they can use the 25.92 from Challenge Cup 2019.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada

They got 25.92 SP TES from Challenge cup (requirement is 25). 42.59 FS TES from Golden Spin is enough for Europeans (requirement is 42)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
This weekend was the last chance to get the TES to Europeans. 4 Continents skaters (but not the pairs) have a last chance to reach it at the beginning of january.

Garabedian/Proulx-Senecal (ARM), Economides (FRA), Dozzi/Valdez (HUN) and Tultseva/Belovodchenko (RUS) got the TES for Worlds.

Thanks, Nirti. Do you mind if I ask at what event did Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal compete to earn the RD score?

Nirti

Medalist
Thanks, Nirti. Do you mind if I ask at what event did Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal compete to earn the RD score?

Oh, this time I forgot to precise it! The 2 events of the weekend were the Golden Spin in Zagreb (challenger series) and the Santa Claus Cup in Budapest. Garabedian/Proulx-Sénécal competed in Budapest!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Oh, this time I forgot to precise it! The 2 events of the weekend were the Golden Spin in Zagreb (challenger series) and the Santa Claus Cup in Budapest. Garabedian/Proulx-Sénécal competed in Budapest!

Thank you, Nirti. They must have signed up late, along with four other teams. There were only 5 listed on the original entry list that I had seen.

Nirti

Medalist
Very little update after the Grand Prix of Bratislava (junior event), where Gureeva/Serov (RUS) got the TES for Junior Worlds and Hagara (SVK) the SP TES only.

And now the race to Europeans' TES is over and some national championships already skated, we have an idea about how much skaters will compete in Graz.

And the very good new is for pair skating. Do you remember this year, when only 10 pairs took part at the Free Skating, which was not seen than 1989? Forget about it, next month we could see 21 entries!

France, Italy and Russia have more than 3 eligible pairs for their 3 spots, Germany has 3 eligible pairs for 2 spots, Spain has 2 pairs for 2 spots. Only Croatia and UK will use only of their 2 spots. Austria, Hungary, Israel, Ukraine and Switzerland all have one eligible pair and Netherlands already announced Danilova/Tsiba as their selected pair. And from the senior pairs who competed this season, only Zhuk/Bidar won't be in Graz (release issue?) after not having competed internationaly for the moment.

We could see 27 dance teams (25 last season), France and Russia will have a large choice for their 3 spots. Italy, Poland and Spain have 2 eligible pairs for their 2 spots, UK already announced its team (2 spots). Finland, Germany, Hungary and Ukraine have the choiche for their only spot, Switzerland already announced its selection. For Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania and Turkey, there's no suspense.

At the men event, we'll see probably 36 skaters (37 this year). Italy and Russia can chose between many skaters for their 3 spots, the same for Czech Republic, France, Israel and Sweden for their 2 spots. Georgia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots and Spain only 1 skater for 2 spots... Unless if Javier Raya decide to go back to competition. For the other spots, there's only a "?" for Poland, as Igor Reznichenko didn't compete this season and no other skater reached the TES.

It's more complicated to say how many ladies will take part. Last season they were 36, this season probably between 37 and 41. Sorensen and Sauter are the only eligible skater for Denmark and Romania, but didn't compete this fall. Slovakia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots, but Rajicova didn't compete too. Hendrickx was injured but announced her intention to enter, she's the only eligible skater for Belgium.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Very little update after the Grand Prix of Bratislava (junior event), where Gureeva/Serov (RUS) got the TES for Junior Worlds and Hagara (SVK) the SP TES only.

And now the race to Europeans' TES is over and some national championships already skated, we have an idea about how much skaters will compete in Graz.

And the very good new is for pair skating. Do you remember this year, when only 10 pairs took part at the Free Skating, which was not seen than 1989? Forget about it, next month we could see 21 entries!

France, Italy and Russia have more than 3 eligible pairs for their 3 spots, Germany has 3 eligible pairs for 2 spots, Spain has 2 pairs for 2 spots. Only Croatia and UK will use only of their 2 spots. Austria, Hungary, Israel, Ukraine and Switzerland all have one eligible pair and Netherlands already announced Danilova/Tsiba as their selected pair. And from the senior pairs who competed this season, only Zhuk/Bidar won't be in Graz (release issue?) after not having competed internationaly for the moment.

We could see 27 dance teams (25 last season), France and Russia will have a large choice for their 3 spots. Italy, Poland and Spain have 2 eligible pairs for their 2 spots, UK already announced its team (2 spots). Finland, Germany, Hungary and Ukraine have the choiche for their only spot, Switzerland already announced its selection. For Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania and Turkey, there's no suspense.

At the men event, we'll see probably 36 skaters (37 this year). Italy and Russia can chose between many skaters for their 3 spots, the same for Czech Republic, France, Israel and Sweden for their 2 spots. Georgia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots and Spain only 1 skater for 2 spots... Unless if Javier Raya decide to go back to competition. For the other spots, there's only a "?" for Poland, as Igor Reznichenko didn't compete this season and no other skater reached the TES.

It's more complicated to say how many ladies will take part. Last season they were 36, this season probably between 37 and 41. Sorensen and Sauter are the only eligible skater for Denmark and Romania, but didn't compete this fall. Slovakia has 2 eligible skaters for 2 spots, but Rajicova didn't compete too. Hendrickx was injured but announced her intention to enter, she's the only eligible skater for Belgium.

Thank you so much Nirti for keeping this up, and for keeping us informed. Like you, I am so happy there's going to be more pairs! And a Dutch pair too, but that's my personal happiness. I am really looking forward to Euros!

markovai

Rinkside

28 dance teams probably - you forgot Kazahstan.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
My mistake, I am used to think of Kazakhstan as a former Soviet republic, and as almost all of them are in Europe, I made a mistake....

It’s a fair mistake. Kazakhstan is in UEFA. Countries like Israel and Kazakhstan really could be either. Goes to show Europe and Asia aren’t really that separate when you see the mix of cultures in these areas.