Aurora Games Festival ?

Gullygirl84

On the Ice

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you click on the right arrow next to that picture, a video comes up of Mirai and Ashley posing for that picture, and Mirai saying "it's on video...", and then the two of them crack up.

I don't find an arrow, but it may be because I don't sign in. But thank you for your description of it .... I can totally visualize them doing that. :)

I don't find an arrow, but it may be because I don't sign in.

The arrow is on the picture itself, on the right about two-thirds of the way down. Very faint. You don't have to log in to Instagram.

The video cuts off Mirai's first word. I thought she said "Fun video."

Last edited:
OK, my ignorance again. I just looked up Ayaka Hosoda. She landed two triple Axels at Japanese Nationals last year!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OK, my ignorance again. I just looked up Ayaka Hosoda. She landed two triple Axels at Japanese Nationals last year!!!

She’s such an inspiration. She basically started training them after “playing” around with them with Rika Kihira!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will there be one more figure skater for the world team? This event is looking good. Konstantinova from Russia!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I laughed at this entry for the Team World Hockey:
Jessica Wong (Nova Scotia)

There is indeed a Jessica Wong who is a hockey player and is from Nova Scotia, Canada, which is part of the Americas, last I looked.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Looks like a really nice event overall.

Hopefully crowd turnout and revenues will be good, as organising such a multi sports event is always a financial risk.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The arrow is on the picture itself, on the right about two-thirds of the way down. Very faint. You don't have to log in to Instagram.

The video cuts off Mirai's first word. I thought she said "Fun video."

It is very faint! thanks. :)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excited to see Akiko - love her. (And I was right about Isadora Williams joining Team Americas!)

For those attending, anyone want to do a meetup?

I'm thinking a brunch prior to the event on Saturday somewhere near the arena downtown, or dinner afterwards? I have no idea how long the event is - I know it starts at 1PM but I can't imagine it running for more than a couple of hours with the number of competitors.

PM me and let me know!

ETA: there is some fan zone event on Sat prior to the event at 11:00AM: Figure Skating Demonstration & Chalk Talk. Doesn't say who will be there.

doublequad

On the Ice
so this is kinda like some kind of winter universiade thing but without the requirements that competitors are students?

The only requirement seems to be that the competitors are women.

By the way, I see the the sport of Parkour will be contested. I had never heard of this sport, so I had to look it up. It is a kind of obstacle race where you actually use the obstacles to generate more speed, plus throw in a bunch of flips and somersaults along the way. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vc8J339BkE

Last edited:

medoroa

On the Ice
so this is kinda like some kind of winter universiade thing but without the requirements that competitors are students?

I think it's kind of like for-fun show "competitions" they used to have in the US in the 90s and early 00s, where the only criteria for entering was that audiences wanted to see you and support you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjt9VIzuKfk A bit like Japan Open, except skating isn't as big in the US anymore so it's a tiny competition... but it's a nice idea!

BeTheLivingProof

Rinkside
Me and my 5 year old are attending this!! Ashley Wagner is her favorite skater, and we learned about it back in April when we met Ashley at Stars On Ice. My daughter is SO excited!!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Looks like this is going to be broadcast (live?) on ESPNU on Saturday!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Will it get copyrighted if it is uploaded on YouTube? Xfinity doesn’t have ESPNU on my plan and I am unable to watch it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Will it get copyrighted if it is uploaded on YouTube? Xfinity doesn’t have ESPNU on my plan and I am unable to watch it.

A open world live stream would be fine, but since this appears to be a commercial event, unlikely it will go beyond the pay-per-view channels?