Edea Fly ? | Golden Skate

Edea Fly ?

Manue93370

Rinkside
Hi!
My daughter who is 9 years old is 137cm tall and weighs 30kg skates with Overture but as they were too small his coach advised me to take Fly. Since she had trouble jumping her double jumps she had no problem with Overture.
So I wonder if she is not too small to have Fly.
What do you think ?

Nimyue

On the Ice
They say you can't overboot in Edea... but why would you spend that much money when she doesn't need that stiffness rating and is just going to grow out of them before they are anywhere close to being broken down?

Take her to a good fitter and see what they have to say.

Elija

On the Ice
Are you meaning the ice fly or just the ‘fly’ roller boot? I don’t know anything about roller boots, but if it’s ice boots you could go for the chorus in between overture and ice fly.

Manue93370

Rinkside
Are you meaning the ice fly or just the ‘fly’ roller boot? I don’t know anything about roller boots, but if it’s ice boots you could go for the chorus in between overture and ice fly.
Yes I mean Ice Fly.
she finds them very comfortable but too wide.

Elija

On the Ice
Yes I mean Ice Fly.
she finds them very comfortable but too wide.

Ice flys do come in different widths - narrowest is a B. I honestly can’t imagine any 9 year old needing ice flys though, it’s a lot if money for something she will grow out of quickly. Probably better to stick with overture or chorus. You can always upgrade the blade too, which might help her. I think overtures usually just come with a stock blade, but if you upgrade to CA or mk pro it may help more than changing the boot at this stage.