Would it be weird if | Golden Skate

Would it be weird if

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I started going to adult skating comps and threw everyone stuffies? I swear the one I went to had only medical, a coach, judges and maybe 1 or 2 family members.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I started going to adult skating comps and threw everyone stuffies? I swear the one I went to had only medical, a coach, judges and maybe 1 or 2 family members.

IIRC, a recent edition of Skating magazine had a whole article about "stuffies" (or whatever word was used) being a big part of the culture of adult skating comps.
(Sorry that I don't have a link.)

In any case, I hope your thoughtfulness would be appreciated.

(Disclaimer: I am not an adult skater, so I do not speak from personal experience.)

Scout

Final Flight
Not at all! I went to an adult comp where someone threw everyone a stuffie, along with a short personalized note (and a business card). I think it was appreciated and a nice surprise for a lot of the skaters.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IIRC, a recent edition of Skating magazine had a whole article about "stuffies" (or whatever word was used) being a big part of the culture of adult skating comps.
(Sorry that I don't have a link.)

In any case, I hope your thoughtfulness would be appreciated.

(Disclaimer: I am not an adult skater, so I do not speak from personal experience.)

I’ll have to look for that issue. I think they can be accessed online. I’ll be swimming in the Franklin County Silver Games next month, but alas no stuffies for swimmers.