2019-20 Japanese Men's Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese Men's Figure Skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuma dor the win! Two strong programs.
I hope that Shun will give similar performances next week and win a medal. I don't hope more since it will be tough to win against Gogolev.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I just watched Yuma's performance at JGP and so happy he won!!! I adore all of team Japan:love: , I automatically look for their performances first since I often can't watch their performances live. But I'm more definitely looking forward to my favorites, Yuzuru and Sota.:cool2:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Shun for the win! He showed to fed that it was right to finally give him a JGP.

Good luck to Kao Miura for next week! :cheer:
He has the jumps but serious consistency issues. I hope he will overcome it.

risingtrot

On the Ice
It's really promising to see these junior men doing well. Not perfect but the potential is really there. Hopefully they will continue and eventually have that break through especialy when they move to the Seniors.

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Kao Miura became youngest(14 years 3 months) Japanese Men to land quad jump in ISU sanctioned competitons (2019 JGP Riga Cup).

previous records

Shun Sato (15 years 6 months) 2019 JGP Lake Placid
Sota Yamamoto (15 years 8 months) 2015 JGP Colorado Springs
Yuzuru Hanyu (15 years 10 months) 2010 NHK trophy

Takeshi Honda (17 years 0 months) 1998 World championship Qualifying round (1st ever quad by Japanese men)

Am I missing someone ?

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Good for Sena as I like him, but I cannot fathom why they keep snubbing Tatsuya as the Japanese Jr Champion. Hopefully his injury isn't bothering him anymore?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuma for his medal, SBs and ticket for JGPF!!:clap:
If im not mistaken Japan has only one spot for JW. The battle will be tough between Yuma and Shun (and Kao in the shape of his life). If two, good news.
I think that Yuma has the edge for the moment thanks to big PCS potential and big GOEs. But maybe Shun can add 4lo to his free.

rabidline

Final Flight
Congrats to Yuma for his medal, SBs and ticket for JGPF!!:clap:
If im not mistaken Japan has only one spot for JW. The battle will be tough between Yuma and Shun (and Kao in the shape of his life). If two, good news.

So happy for Yuma! Just very solid despite what must be a nerve-wracking situation, being so close to JGPF.

If the qualifications rule for Junior Worlds are still the same with 2019 Junior Worlds*, Japan still has 2 (two) spots for their Junior men, so no worries.

*) Koshiro placed 9th and Tatsuya placed 14th at the last JWC so their total placement is 23, still above 28 which is the limit for 2 spots. Please CMIIW though :laugh:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So happy for Yuma! Just very solid despite what must be a nerve-wracking situation, being so close to JGPF.

If the qualifications rule for Junior Worlds are still the same with 2019 Junior Worlds*, Japan still has 2 (two) spots for their Junior men, so no worries.

*) Koshiro placed 9th and Tatsuya placed 14th at the last JWC so their total placement is 23, still above 28 which is the limit for 2 spots. Please CMIIW though :laugh:

Yes, Japan has 2 men's spots.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Good! Thanks.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Keiji won the U.S. International Classic and Sota came second! :)

Mitsuki placed 5th at Ondrej Nepela Memorial.

Yuzuru won the Autumn Classic International last week and Kazuki placed 7th at Lombardia Trophy.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I just want to point out that Sota landed 4S-3T (a new quad combo) twice, attempted two quads in SP and three in FS, while he started to train quads again just 10 months ago.
Go Sota!:cheer: