Need help/advice on boots/boots size! | Golden Skate

Need help/advice on boots/boots size!

irisw

Spectator
Hello,
I was browsing around on a secondhand website looking for new skates and came across a pair of used Risport Royal's for a very affordable price.
However, I am hesitant because the size. I currently wear Risport RF3 size 225 but these ones were 230. It is not a huge difference and they are of the same brand but I wonder if it will still be noticeable/something that will bother me/my skating? Or will I practically feel no difference?
Is there a way to make figure skating boots feel more snug?
Should I go for it or is it best to not take the risk of the boot not fitting?

Please help!

Nimyue

On the Ice
I would never recommend buying a pair of skates not from a professional fitter. My daughter wears used skates, but they are fit professionally.

Between ice time and coaching, skates are the CHEAPEST part of figure skating. I estimated my cost this year at $6000 ish and my boots were $900. So why would you risk wasting money on ice time and coaching while being in skates that don't work?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No. Don't buy those they are going to be too large and possibly too stiff compared to what you are in right now. You haven't specified what Royal boot: There's Royal Pro which is a 65, Royal Elite which is a 90 and Royal Exclusive which is also a 90 and more synthetic than the other. Also, don't buy online, go to a pro fitter.