#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
poor shippers :devil::devil::devil:

tbh congrats to Scott!!!!:love::agree::agree:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
well tbh I sympathize with them;) I ad the same heartbreat with IK.:laugh:

Of course I can understand.... as a GOT fan I was, still am, a staunch Braime shipper and in complete denial of what happened :sad4::biggrin:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Keegan and Scott are now off the market. If Patrick gets engaged...…...:sad21:

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
The link in post #3 shows Scott's fiance at the event, along with Tessa and Scoot.

Aha! I was expecting a story dedicated solely to their engagement. Another object lesson in making assumptions!

Thank you for putting me to rights, Mathman!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yeppp... it sounds sweet but... uhh... yeah maybe not so much if you know the details. They're out there. Very interested to see what happens ��

I know the details, which was my point of eating popcorn. :sarcasm::laugh:

YagsFan

On the Ice
First, Congratulations to Scott and Jackie!
Now, not knowing anything about the bride-to-be, I do wish you folks would refrain from all the vague inuendo about her. If there is something "out there" about her politics, or whatever, and we can't openly discuss it here, then why just all the veiled disapproval? One person asks "who is the lucky girt?" and gets the answer "someone problematic". Really? Seems to me that any true fan of Scott's might just trust his judgement a bit more, no?

rinkside_user

On the Ice
Seems to me that any true fan of Scott's might just trust his judgement a bit more, no?

Why would being a fan of Virtue/Moir as figure skaters equal/implicate being a fan of Moir as a person as well? I think you can appreciate sportsmanship and other sport-related qualities within reasonable bounds without being a worshipper of the person itself (that you hardly know anything about btw) and exactly such moments are the perfect occasions to re-evaluate/contextualize your preferences.

Golden1

Spectator
First, Congratulations to Scott and Jackie!
Now, not knowing anything about the bride-to-be, I do wish you folks would refrain from all the vague inuendo about her. If there is something "out there" about her politics, or whatever, and we can't openly discuss it here, then why just all the veiled disapproval? One person asks "who is the lucky girt?" and gets the answer "someone problematic". Really? Seems to me that any true fan of Scott's might just trust his judgement a bit more, no?

I have been a HUGE VM fan since before 2010 but being a European I have never met them in person and just judged their personality based on the official information out there. How would I know their political leanings? Him being engaged to someone who has (IMO) a very problematic political stance probably means that he has the same opinion or at least doesn't have a problem with it. This of course changes my opinion of him even if that doesn't make me a "true fan", what ever that may be.
I also didn't like that he went public with that information on such an important day for him AND Tessa and therefore making the two events at least partly about his private life and not about their accomplishments. Then the thing with him now calling Tessa his second skating partner when beforehand they always emphasized that they were each others first skating partner. But whatever, if they ever come to Europe again I will go and see them again and I don't think they care about a European woman not liking Scott's personal decisions.

meem

On the Ice
Was this really a shock to everyone? Weren't they seen dating, out and about with each other? It sounds like this woman just appeared out of the blue.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Why would being a fan of Virtue/Moir as figure skaters equal/implicate being a fan of Moir as a person as well? I think you can appreciate sportsmanship and other sport-related qualities within reasonable bounds without being a worshipper of the person itself (that you hardly know anything about btw) and exactly such moments are the perfect occasions to re-evaluate/contextualize your preferences.

You make some valid points. You are certainly right to point out that being a fan of Moir's skating does not equate to being a "fan" of him personally, or even of knowing anything personal about him. Let me try to better explain what I was feeling reading through the thread. First of all, I must admit that I am not particularly a fan of VM----I recognize their skills, but have not ever really been excited by them. I also know very little about them personally. Furthermore, now that I have dug around online to try to see what the deal is with Jackie, I will categorically state that I would find her apparent views much more than "problematic"! I guess my problem with some of the comments here was the "hinting" nature of them; I just feel that if something can't be openly discussed here then we shouldn't hint at it either. This is a thread about the engagement; either wish them well or skip it.