Scott Moir is engaged | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Scott Moir is engaged

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations to the newly engaged! I’m very happy for them.

If the Torvill and Dean fans could eventually accept they weren’t a couple then I’m sure the Virtue and Moir fans will too.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Of course I can understand.... as a GOT fan I was, still am, a staunch Braime shipper and in complete denial of what happened :sad4::biggrin:
haha lol at least we didnt ship them irl :laugh:
(lol tbh I was satisfied with Jamie/Cersei tho:devil: Im probs gonna be called 'problematic' by folks here too:dance:)

Andrew is mine too
shshsh WP belong together!:p:eek::

Rossig

On the Ice
If the Torvill and Dean fans could eventually accept they weren’t a couple then I’m sure the Virtue and Moir fans will too.

1) They were a couple for a short time when they were very young.

2) Actually some of their fans have never accepted that. So I suppose it will be the same with VM fans. Some of them will accept they are not together, but other won't.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I have not heard the word “ shipper.” I am confused. Is this short for worshipper?

- - - Updated - - -

And did you just say Tessa is with Andrew Poje? He is so handsome.

Remilia

On the Ice
I have not heard the word “ shipper.” I am confused. Is this short for worshipper?

- - - Updated - - -

Shipper is a term derived from the word relationship. It's used to refer to someone who supports certain relationships and believes two people should be together.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My understanding has always been that it rather came from the word relationship, which makes more sense given that romantic/erotic relations are what shipping is all about.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
:eek:topic: I envy all of you who don't know what shipping means... If you just knew about the number of ''Yuzuvier shippers'' you'd be shocked (the inappropriate comments on Javi's IG :rolleye: , but I guess it's similar wiht V/M)
But nothing wrong with shipping fictional characters!! It can be even your OTP (one true pairing), when the relationship you root for becomes canon in a TV show / movie / book the ship has sailed :biggrin:, too bad if it sinks (= killing any reasonable chance of a romantic relationship occurring between two characters in the canon of the work - according to tv tropes dictionary). :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In any fandom there is one person/character who is shipped with everyone imaginable and unimaginable. Been there, boggled at that :laugh:

Tessa and Scott do have amazing chemistry (I'm not a huge fan but watching them last night on the FAoI broadcast, oh yeah I couldn't miss it and it was lovely) and a lot of shippers don't want to accept that chemistry does not have to mean even the slightest romantic attachment (or even - in other cases - basic affection. Astaire/Rogers anyone?) I can understand that.

I know nothing about the lady he is engaged to, good or ill, but what I think we can unstintingly all do is wish him the very best.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
I think shipping real persons is creepy. :shrug: Imagine random people on the internet writing erotica about you simply because you're good at your job...

Rashela

On the Ice
Congrats to the happy couple and all people involved :p
BTW is there any photo of the ring?

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Is there a cute engagement photo anywhere online? Those always make my heart melt with cuteness. :love: Or maybe his fiancee is not a fan of media attention, which I can't fault her for. Anyway, congratulations to the soon-to-be married couple!