Do you recommend me Chorus boots? | Golden Skate

Do you recommend me Chorus boots?

mimiskates

Spectator
I´m almost 16 and my weight is 51kg. I´m just starting with single jumps. Should I try Chorus?

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Go to a fitter and see how they fee compared to other skates. If you wear Edea already and like it, Chorus might work. I love my Chorus boots--I'm an adult skater doing single jumps and find they have good support, but I do break them down within a year or so. Do get fitted properly--it's so important to get the right size and compare how different boots feel.

Yannis94

Rinkside
I'd recommend the Edea Ouverture for your level. Edea Ouverture is rated for single jumps up until and including axel. They cost less than Chorus too so if you're feet are still growing somewhat, you won't need to spend the amount of money you'd spend on a chorus and blade. As soon as you start jumping regularly your boot will break down a little faster and thus will be needing to be replaced sooner. If your feet don't grow anymore you can spare the cost of a new blade but if they're still growing and you need a bigger size boot, you'll need a new blade too.

I'm an adult of 25, weighing in at 46 kg but with a rather massive height on my single jumps. I'm skating in the Chorus and I do love them. They fit perfectly. The toe box was a bit too snug in the beginning but as soon as they were broken in I have no problem. I recommend wearing nylon socks in them too or very thin, even surfaced socks.

But I'd try out other brands at the store and see how they feel in comparison. Edea comes in the standard C width. Which is rather wide for skates. And get fitted properly. I had a pair of jackson premieres that had been fitted very badly and in the beginning they felt good until I broke them in and my foot started slipping back and forth in them. Having them had for like 2 months, my parents didn't want to buy new skates so I had to quit doing competitions because no way I was going to compete in boots I did not feel safe in whatsoever.