Junior Ladies Power Ranking - Season 2019-2020 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies Power Ranking - Season 2019-2020

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
We will still have to wait how this wil figure out. Alysa and some of the Russians like highly expected Kamila didn't compete at serious international competition yet and we will see what the judges' opinion on them would be. It will be more clear next week where Kamila will set the bar.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
It will be more clear next week where Kamila will set the bar.

I think it's pretty wise for RusFed to put Kamila in first event. Because it will set the bar first as you said - and after her performance it will be hard for judges to overscore Liu too much. On other hand, if Liu was first and overscored (mostly I meant in PCS) - Valeava's scores wouldn't be that much higher due to juniors scores ceiling.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I'd put Anastasia in the A-tier. She has the best speed, huge jumps with good technique, and a lot of emotion, plus the reputation of being a JGPF medalist (and qualifying for the final twice in a row). Plus, there's no reason Maya should be in the A-tier and not Nastya. Nastya has a bigger reputation, better jumps imo and better skating skills. You said it was about test skates, but Anastasia had a far better skate than Maya there. Anyways, I wish success to both of them.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
but Anastasia had a far better skate than Maya there
No, she is not. Both did many errors. While Maya had a fall - Nastya lost couple of jumps (she just didn't try even jump them) as far as I remember. Also Maya have much more polished programs, better lines and better physical form IMO. Anyway we will see very soon who was right after all :)

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I think Rusfed also wanted to make sure they are sending girls who are completely ready. It's better for them because it gives a chance to the other girls to train a bit more in the meantime.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I'm gonna update the rankings after second JGP event ;) There will be quite a few changes, I suppose :rolleye:

P.S.: btw, it seems I was right in my initial score potential assessment. Despite what some people here said - Valieva easily would get 220+ score with two clean programs even in her debut in the first JGP event :p

GINO

On the Ice
P.S.: btw, it seems I was right in my initial score potential assessment. Despite what some people here said - Valieva easily would get 220+ score with two clean programs even in her debut in the first JGP event :p
No, you were wrong. Potentially? Maybe, but in real life (this rating is compiled for prediction score at official competitions, that is why we are gathered here) her score is 200, same with Maya;)

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Updated power ranking list - Korean skaters unexpected rise in power and injuries of some Russians change the game considerably:

S-tier (210-220+)

1) Kamila Valieva (two quads, consistency, great SS, great spins, great jumps, high PCS, beautiful programs, whole package)

A-tier (200-210)

2) Alysa Liu (sky-high BV, quads and 3A, support from judges and tech callers is expected, consistency; URs, low SS) - moved her one tier down - I can't see her as equal to Valieva for now
3) Ksenia Sinitsina (great SS, 3Lz+3Lo in second half, reputation of JWC participant, original programs)

B-tier (190-200)

4) Daria Usacheva (great SS, great potential PCS, mature programs, good jumps; unclear edge on lutz, inconsistency) - despite losing to Lee once I still consider her as stronger skater potentially - you can't underestimate Eteri camp training. Still, moved her one tier down for now
5) Haein Lee (consistency, good spins, decent SS and programs, some 3-3 combos in second half; URs - which weren't called so far though) - both she and Daria are likely to move to A-tier soon
6) Victoria Vasilieva (fast and consistent; lacks charisma, mediocre programs, edge problems)
7) Seoyeong Wi (consistent, 3-3 combos; lacks artistry and performance qualities for now, URs)
8) Anastasia Tarakanova (powerful and fast, great SS, international reputation, senior age; raw programs, inconsistent) - I still consider her worthy of 190+ range - potential is there

C-tier (<190)

9) Anna Frolova (good programs, decent SS; inconsistency, low jumps)
10) Yeonjeong Park (she is nothing special but still have a chance to make JGPF)

Alena Kanysheva (consistency, potential quad, good programs, great SS, reputation of JGPF bronze medalist) - injured, status is unknown for now, but she is withdrawn from JGP events and most likely is skipping first half of the season
Maria Chromikh (great lines, balletic arms, good jumps, good SS; not very memorable programs, issues with edges) - out of JGP, she have issues with jumps consistency this season
Anastasia Tarusina (fast and consistent, decent SS, inernational reputation, senior age; she doesn't have an "it" factor to win) - injured
Ekaterina Kurakova (charismatic skater with potential for PCS growth; weak tech content, URs, inconsistency)

New stuff is in italic ;)

readernick

Medalist
Updated power ranking list:

S-tier (210-220+)

1) Kamila Valieva (two quads, consistency, great SS, great spins, great jumps, high PCS, beautiful programs, whole package)
2) Alysa Liu (sky-high BV, quads and 3A, strong push from USFS affiliated judges and tech callers to make single real opponent to russian juniors reach JGPF is highly likely; URs, inconsistency, low SS, low PCS)

A-tier (200-210)

3) Ksenia Sinitsina (great SS, 3Lz+3Lo in second half, reputation of JWC participant, original programs)

B-tier (190-200)

4) Daria Usacheva (great SS, great potential PCS, mature programs, good jumps; unclear edge on lutz, inconsistency) - despite losing to Lee once I still consider her as stronger skater potentially - you can't underestimate Eteri camp training
5) Haein Lee (consistency, good spins, decent SS, some 3-3 combos in second half; URs - which weren't called so far though)
6) Seoyeong Wi (consistent, 3-3 combos; lacks artistry and performance qualities for now, URs)
7) Victoria Vasilieva (fast and consistent; lacks charisma, mediocre programs, edge problems)
8) Anastasia Tarakanova (powerful and fast, great SS, international reputation, senior age; raw programs, inconsistent) - I still consider her worthy of 190+ range - potential is there

C-tier (<190)
9) Anna Frolova (good programs, decent SS; inconsistency, low jumps)
10) Yeonjeong Park (she is nothing special but still have a chance to make JGPF)

Alena Kanysheva (consistency, potential quad, good programs, great SS, reputation of JGPF bronze medalist) - injured, status is unknown for now, but she is withdrawn from JGP events and most likely is skipping first half of the season
Maria Chromikh (great lines, balletic arms, good jumps, good SS; not very memorable programs, issues with edges) - out of JGP, she have issues with jumps consistency this season
Anastasia Tarusina (fast and consistent, decent SS, inernational reputation, senior age; she doesn't have an "it" factor to win) - injured
Ekaterina Kurakova (charismatic skater with potential for PCS growth; weak tech content, URs, inconsistency)

New stuff is in italic ;)

The lack of tech calls is something everyone on the list has benefited from not just the ones you mentioned. ( I notice you only mentioned that when taking about non-Russian participants... oh bias I love it 🥰 )

I wouldn’t consider Alysa inconsistent. She fell on one 3A in competition. She landed all her other jumps.In fact, I think her mental toughness is her greatest strength. She seems completely unaffected by competition. Valieva on the other hand looks nervous when she competes like the weight of the world is on her tiny shoulders. Valieva has also fallen three times this season. She is more inconsistent but definitely an impressive skater.

Other than that, I pretty much agree but I think Haein Lee is better than you suggest here. She already beat Usacheva and her SS are really good not just decent. Additionally, I think the Rino Matsuike who already has a bronze medal, great flow and SS, and a nice short program should be on your list as she already scored more than 193 in her first competition and beat many skaters on your list in the process.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
The lack of tech calls is something everyone on the list has benefited from not just the ones you mentioned. ( I notice you only mentioned that when taking about non-Russian participants... oh bias I love it &#55358;&#56688; )
I only mentioned that because lack of calls affected podium places in her case.

I wouldn’t consider Alysa inconsistent. She fell on one 3A in competition. She landed all her other jumps.In fact, I think her mental toughness is her greatest strength. She seems completely unaffected by competition.
I edited my post already. See the above.

Valieva on the other hand looks nervous when she competes like the weight of the world is on her tiny shoulders. Valieva has also fallen three times this season. She is more inconsistent but definitely an impressive skater.
I am disagree here. In her last competition she fell only once - on quad toe. I consider it as Trusova's level of consistency - i.e. very high.

Additionally, I think the Rino Matsuike who already has a bronze medal, great flow and SS, and a nice short program should be on your list as she already scored more than 193 in her first competition and beat many skaters on your list in the process.
Nah, she is nothing special. She has zero chances for the final and got her scores only because numerous URs were ignored. I consider skaters dependant on tech callers to such degree as a fluke. She is typical 170+ skater IMO.

readernick

Medalist
I think Rino is special ( and so do the judges, apparently) and her final score was within one point of Usacheva so I wouldn't write her off. That was her first ever international assignment and if she stays consistent her scores will rise. There may have been one uncalled UR in the lp but that applies to many other skaters on your list, too. However, it is your list so ,of course, it is your choice.

Glad you agree Alysa is consistent, now 🥰 I do think you may be wrong that she can't get over 210 points though. She is going for a layout of 3A+3T, 2A,3lo in the short. And her original layout in her long, if she lands those axels I think she will get one over 210 points. Also, while her SS do need work. She is an energetic and charming performer. She knows how to project. Anna S. never has had the best SS but her charming performances assured her high PCS on the grand prix. Alysa will likelly start getting higher PCS if she. remains charming and consistent.

As a pure skater Valieva is better, and Ksenia is the best of them all. She is the only skater in this list with truly senior PCS. Love her.

readernick

Medalist
What about Araki and Harrell?

Neither will make it into the Junior Grand Prix final because they are a bit inconsistent. I do, however, like them both. Araki was absolutely underscored for her skate in the Junior Grand Prix Russia. Her jumps are effortless and her SS are really good.