The Tutberidze Effect | Page 14 | Golden Skate

The Tutberidze Effect

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pupils of Tutberidze and their records

Yuliya Lipnitskaya.

Everyone remembers the soulful routines of Yuliya Lipnitskaya at the Olympic Games in Sochi. In addition to the fact that Yuliya, together with the Russian team, managed to ascend the top step of the Olympic pedestal, the figure skater also managed to set a kind of age record. In 2014,Yuliya Lipnitskaya “took” the status of the youngest Olympic single champion from Tara Lipinski, winning the title in the Sochi 2014 team tournament at the age of 15 years and 249 days. Thus, Lipnitskaya is the youngest Olympic single ladies champion in the history of world figure skating.

Yevgeniya Medvyedeva.

Everyone knows that now for the second season, Yevgeniya is training under the guidance of Canadian coach Brian Orser, but, nevertheless, Zhenya achieved the greatest success in her career precisely under the leadership of Eteri Georgiyevna. According to the previous grading system, Medvyedeva is the first skater in the history of women's figure skating who scored more than 160 points in the free program, more than 80 points in the short program, and more than 240 in total points. The owner of historical world records in the free program and the total points. She broke world records in the short and free programs 4 times, in terms of total points - 3 times. Beat the world records of Kim Yong-ah and Mao Siege. Since the season 2018/2019 when a new rating system was put into place, those records that were set before this season are automatically recognised as historical. Let me remind you that Yevgeniya set two world records that nobody managed to beat according to the old grading system - 160.46 points for the free program and the total score of 241.31 at the 2017 World Team Championship.

Alina Zagitova.

In fact, Alina is the owner of several records.

First, her score of 82.92 points for a short program at the Olympics-2018 is recognised as historical and is included in the so-called chronicle of world figure skating, and Alina is the first and only skater to break the 82-point threshold in the short program under the old judging system and the first skater who scored 80 points in the short and more than 150 in the free program according to the new judging system.

Second, currently Zagitova holds world records in the free program (158.50) and the total score (238.43).

Third, Zagitova is the second after Kim Yong-ah and the youngest skater who managed to win at all major starts, the first Russian skater who won all the titles in the world figure skating both at the junior and senior levels.

Elisabet Tursynbayeva.

Unlike previous athletes, Elisabet competes for the national team of Kazakhstan, but trains in Moscow with Eteri Tutberidze. Last season Tursynbayeva significantly improved, and silver at the 2019 World Championship serves as confirmation of this. By the way, it was there that the figure skater performed the quad Salchow and became the first girl in history to successfully complete this jump in official competitions at senior level, and indeed Elisabet is the first girl to complete the quadruple jump in senior competitions.

Alyona Kostornaya.

Alyona Kostornaya is the embodiment of tenderness, grace and incredible beauty on ice. At the same time, tshe also has a record that no one has yet managed to beat. In the final of the Junior Grand Prix series in the short program, Alena scored 76.32 points. I note that according to the results of two programs Kostornaya won this tournament.

Anna Shcherbakova.

The current champion of Russia began her first adult season at the Lombardia Trophy in Italy, where she won a fairly confident victory. And immediately, at this senior debut for herself, she set a record - Anna became the first senior figure skater in history to perform the quad Lutz at competitions under the auspices of the International Skating Union.

A season earlier, on October 6, 2018, in the free program at the second stage of the Russian Figure Skating Cup in Yoshkar-Ola, she jumped two quad Lutz's (separately and in a cascade with a triple Toeloop), thus becoming the first skater in the world with two successful quad jumps in one program. In addition, Shcherbakova set a world record in the free program, gaining 159.43 points for her routine, which was not counted however since the competition was domestic.

Aleksandra Trusova.

“Who doesn’t know Sasha?” - “Everyone knows Sasha!”

Aleksandra Trusova twice entered the Guinness Book of Records as the first performer of a quad Toeloop and Lutz. The quad Toeloop and the quad Lutz, first performed at official competitions by Russian figure skater Aleksandra Trusova, are recognised as records and listed in the Guinness Books of Records.

“I am very glad that I got in the Guinness Book of Records”, Trusova said. "It is a great honour to be mentioned among such incredible legends of Soviet sports as Sergey Bubka and Irina Rodnina. It, of course, is even more motivating, you have to be worthy of it. "

The certificates received by the skater testify to the consolidation of the first successful official execution of these jumps for Alexandra. Previously, among the Guinness champion figure skaters, only Mickey Ando was present with a quadruple Salchow, who, by the way, Trusova performed as the second after the Japanese. Alexandra performed the quad Toeloop on March 10, 2018, the first among women at the Junior World Championships in Sofia (Bulgaria). 7 months later, the Russian girl wrote history again, performing the first female quadruple Lutz at official starts - the Grand Prix stage in Yerevan (Armenia, October 12, 2018).

Trusova was also the first to perform two quadruple jumps in one program: a quad Toeloop and a cascade of quad - triple Toeloops. Sasha is the current record holder of the ISU in all three competition modes: in the short and free programs and in total. Moreover, her maximum technical score in the free program - 92.35 points - is a record not only among juniors, but also among seniors.

Well done, girls! Let the new season bring you new victories and records. Good luck
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/sportwithmari/2573846.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Has it already been discussed #TeamTutberidzeForProgress set 5 new World Records today, both in mens and women's figure skating?

Read this statement with many but not all of their accomplishments: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...gure-Skating&p=2463100&viewfull=1#post2463100

“A good day for Team Tutberidze”: Gleikhengauz congratulated Trusova

MOSCOW, Sep 22 - RIA News. Choreographer Daniil Gleikhengauz congratulated Russian figure skater Aleksandra Trusova, who set two world records at the Ondrei Nepela Memorial in Bratislava.

“I want to congratulate our Daenerys - Aleksandra Trusova - on her victory and two world records,” wrote Gleikhengauz on his Instagram account. “The first gold medal in international competitions for Daniil Samsonov and immediately three world records among seniors. A good day for Team Tutberidze. Thank you all who worry over and support our athletes, they always try to show their maximum!

Trusova won the competition on Saturday, setting world record scores in the free program (163.78 points) and the sum of two programs (238.69). Also, a Russian woman for the first time in the history of women's competitions performed three clean jumps with quadruple turns in one program.

Another pupil of Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Samsonov won the stage of the junior Grand Prix series in the Polish city of Gdansk in male singles.
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alexey Yagudin: “The Tutberidze group is a factory, but it delivers skaters who become the pride of the nation”

Olympic figure skating champion Alexey Yagudin commented on the victory of Aleksandra Trusova at the Nepela Memorial with two world records.

“There is no surprise. There were all prerequisites for the fact that Sasha would begin her senior career this way. It would be possible to talk about sensation only if we didn't know that Trusova can jump quadruples, and everything is very natural.

We already saw she was ready for the season, even during the Open Test Skates, so at this competition she just went out and did what she can and is able to. I applaud Sasha!

Q: So, we have witnessed the emergence of a new era in world figure skating?
A: Time will tell. But I can not help focusing on the others, the talented children that work under Eteri Tutberidze. Apart from Trusova, there are Alyona Kostornaya, Alina Zagitova and many others. All these girls, as well as Sasha, will delight us with their skating. And do not be surprised at their successes: they went to this systematically.

I know for sure that the Tutberidze group has the same requirements for all its pupils. They always fulfill their maximum. Regardless of shape and fatigue. We see positive results of this hard work at tournaments. This distinguishes her pupils from others.

Q: Is such a philosophy close to you?
A: Undoubtedly. And let someone find me too cruel and demanding. Yes, it is a factory, but it delivers skaters who become the pride of the nation. I really want the boys from the Eteri group to catch up with the girls”, said Yagudin.
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1078431466.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Here is Eteri Georgiyevna's personal wish for the season's start to her star pupils, the Four Aces: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qgAROHfEx/

About dilligence, willpower and fighting qualities

This season, really a lot of athletes take part in the competitions, but in this post I will tell about my loved ons, my purely subjective opinion.

Sometimes, you look at these little girls and don’t understand where these slender girls get so much strength and tenacity?

After all, talent is not only “from birth”, it is fostered by huge efforts of the coach and the strength of the champions.

This essay will begin with the name of the real Olympic Champion.

Alina Zagitova.

In 2017, Alina goes to the Spartakiad with a broken arm, and after the competition breaks her leg. A year later, she will win almost all the major starts of her first senior season, including the Olympic Games, after which she is under tremendous pressure from the media.

She falls, she rises, she cries. March 2019. Alina wins the World Championship, despite all the taunts and jokes in her direction from the “experts”, skillfully shuts the mouths of all those who offended her, and becomes the second figure skater in world history and the first in Russia who managed to win all the main competitions.

She proves to everyone that she is not a coincidence, that she is more than just a skater. Each of her programs is an art on ice. For many, Alina has become an example of how to go forward and never give up, how to prove you are the best, not by words, but by facts, and not pay attention to those people who put sticks in your wheels. Thanks, Alinka.

Alyona Kostornaya.

In 2016, Alyona was ranked in the middle of the second ten at the Russian Championship among juniors, and back then couldn't imagine she would soon become one of her country's favourite and strongest skaters. The next two seasons Alyona dominates the junior season, and also won both a gold and silver medal in the Grand Prix finals. She becomes the silver medalist of the Junior World Championship, and stands on the podium of the senior championships twice. Lightness, beautiful sliding, profound movements that touch you to the depths of your soul - all this is our Alyona.

Anna Shcherbakova.

At 13, Anya broke her leg, which is why she missed her entire first junior season. A year later, this little girl, still quite a junior, becomes the first skater in the world who managed to compete two quad Lutz'es in one program. In December 2018, Anya wins the senior championship of Russia. And a week ago, after a judicial lawlessness on "Lombardi trophy", this very fragile girl gathers all her willpower into a fist and cleanly competes her free program, after which she becomes first by a wide margin. A huge force in a fragile body - Anya Shcherbakova.

Aleksandra Trusova.

In 2016, little Sasha Trusova, who was only 12 years old, was one of the first female figure skaters to start learning quadruple jumps. In 2017, she becomes a real sensation in figure skating, becoming the first figure skater in history to perform the quadruple Lutz and Toeloop in her competitions, and the second to perform the quadruple Sal'khov. She also became the first to compete two quads in one program and a cascade of quad into triple. After some time, Sasha wins two Junior World Championships. And today, she perfectly completes her free program and sets a new world record. Sasha is our Russian rocket.

All our girls have tremendous power, it’s hard to argue with that, which is why they are legends, and this article is the answer to the question “why they are so loved”.
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/realfigureskating/2580966.html

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Pupils of Tutberidze and their records

Yuliya Lipnitskaya.

Everyone remembers the soulful routines of Yuliya Lipnitskaya at the Olympic Games in Sochi. In addition to the fact that Yuliya, together with the Russian team, managed to ascend the top step of the Olympic pedestal, the figure skater also managed to set a kind of age record. In 2014,Yuliya Lipnitskaya “took” the status of the youngest Olympic single champion from Tara Lipinski, winning the title in the Sochi 2014 team tournament at the age of 15 years and 249 days. Thus, Lipnitskaya is the youngest Olympic single ladies champion in the history of world figure skating.

She wasn't the gold medalist in the singles division, so I don't think this statement is accurate even on a technicality. In the LP, she skated against only 4 other women, none of whom would go on to medal in singles at that event. I would say she's the youngest singles skater to win the gold medal in the team event, which is a great achievement.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
How do they get into the Tutberidze group: Lipnitskaya passed the casting, Trusova and Kostornaya did an internship, and there is also a way through Instagram

Eteri Tutberidze turned over women's skating.

The discipline, where previously only one out of ten girls performed two triple jumps in a cascade, suddenly has turned into a high-tech sport. Quadruple jumps are an ordinary element the group of Eteri; Lutz-Rittberger - lost its exclusiveness, is now a measure of good form; squeeze the maximum allowed by the rules from any program.

Thousands of schoolgirls dream to skate on the same ice with Trusova and Zagitova - but what are their chances to make their dreams come true?

From the outside, it seems that only the elite receive an invitation to Khrustalniy, and the waiting line for assessment stretches all the way to Novosibirsk. This is not true at all - the group is often replenished with new students, they take not only teenagers, but also small children.

Who helps Tutberidze: there are no top skaters, but there is a Bolshoi artist and a dancer who worked with pop stars

For example, a large round of collecting took place at the beginning of the new Olympic cycle - when Kamila Valiyeva, Maya Khromykh and Dar'ya Usachyova came to Eteri. By the 2022 Olympics they will be 15 - the age of prosperity. Remember - 15 was the age of Lipnitskaya during her Sochi triumph and Zagitova's when she won in Pyeongchang against Medvyedeva.

Here are the surest methods to get into the best women's group on the planet.

Option number 1: come for an internship

During summer, foreigners often train at Tutberidze's. Eteri does not want to prepare rivals on an ongoing basis - she said so two years ago. The exceptions were Elisabet Tursynbayeva (Kazakhstan) and Morisi Kvitelashvili (Georgia), who skated in Khrustalniy when very small and with Russian citizenship.

Figure skaters from China, Turkey and Malaysia aspire to Tutberidze for jumping practice, in 2017 she gave an away master class for the Phillipinese.

A special case is Shoma Uno, who spent a month in Novogorsk's training camp with the Eteri group. The Japanese did not dare to stay with Tutberidze, explaining himself with a desire to try different coaching approaches.

Sometimes the headquarters of Khrustalniy helps Russian skaters from other groups. For example, Daniil Gleikhengauz staged the program for pair skaters Dar'ya Pavlyuchenko - Denis Khodykin, and coach Sergei Dobrin brought his whole team for an internship.

Option number 2: normal assessment

This way almost all of the skaters came into the group of Tutberidze. Assessments are still taking place: ads appear on the site of the rink, sometimes on the instagram of coach Sergey Rozanov. Conditions for everyone are different - one training is enough for most, some others are given a trial period.

link to Rozanov tweeting the invitation to assessment sessions in 2018

The prize for the most beautiful appearance in Khrustalniy, of course, belongs to Lipnitskaya. Mom put 10-year-old Yuliya in the car and rushed from Yekaterinburg to Moscow with this agreement - if Tutberidze doesn’t work out, figure skating is over. Yuliya didn’t need to quit sports - this serious child with her amazing stretch impressed Eteri, and even more surprised was the phrase of Yuliya’s mother: “You know, we get to go to the Olympics.”

Polina Tsurskaya was 11 when she moved from Omsk to Moscow at the suggestion of Alexander Kogan (now he is the director general of the federation, back then he oversaw athletes from Siberia and the Far East). Tutberidze was afraid to take the girl because of her height, but after the debut lesson she stayed in the group. “Of course, at the first training session, I showed my maximum, but it seemed to me that Eteri Georgievna liked the fact that I heard all the comments and corrected my mistakes right away”, Polina recalled.

Interestingly, Lipnitskaya, Tsurskaya, and Kvitelashvili considered the transition to Khrustalny to be their last chance in figure skating. They really thought about ending their careers. Morisi, for example, didn’t jump well — all his jumps turned out to be under rotated all the time.

Casting took place and Kamila Valiyeva - who before Tutberidze trained at the Moskvich sports school, and as a child - with Kseniya Ivanova in Kazan.

Valiyeva never had problems with jumping and artistry - experts were touched by 8 year old Kamila in the form of a swan. To defeat her rivals, the skater lacked stability - she went to Khrustalniy to get it.

Daniil Samsonov, the main star of the male group, is probably the only one who joined Khrustalny not for training with Tutberidze, but for the sake of working with Daniil Gleikhengauz, who staged several programs for the boy.

Zagitova, as we know, was created by Gleikhenhaus. He calls Alina "my muse".

“When I arrived, in training I started jumping all doubles. And Daniil Markovich jokingly said that doubles don't count here, only triples do. I tried some triples and on adrenaline I even put together a triple Flip. I so wanted to be taken on. They gave me a month to assess me closely, and I tried and worked all month”, Samsonov recalled of his first days in the new team.

Option 3: start with another coach at Sambo-70

Tutberidze's group is not the only one in Khrustalniy, and some skaters are switching to Eteri from other coaches - for example, there are Alexander Volkov and Anna Tsareva, who have already changed their workplace since.

In February 2018, Maya Khromykh's parents asked for her transfer to Tutberidze's group - Tutberidze was with Medvyedeva and Zagitova in Korea, so the figure skater was assessed by Sergey Rozanov, and was allowed to skate until Eteri returned.

Similarly, 4 years earlier, Anna Shcherbakova came to the Tutberidze team. Her mother was more afraid of the assessment than the skater herself: “I was very worried - I thought that Tutberidze was unapproachable, I was afraid to come up and talk to her. Only later did we understand - she communicates with any parents on equal terms, not denigrating. Is Tutberidze strict? It seems to me that I am strict, and Eteri Georgievna is often smarter and softer than me. Any parent who wants a reasonable future for their child will not be soft".

Alyona Kostornaya also did not formally leave Sambo-70 - earlier she was listed to Tchaikovsky Rink, which is another branch of the sports center. Her internship in the new group lasted a week, and the most difficult was the repetition of programs after each error.

You underestimated Alena Kostornaya in vain: with triple axels she is stronger than Trusova and Zagitova

Alexandra Trusova has the same story. Before coming to Tutberidze, she trained with both Volkov and Tsareva. Volkov claims that the reason for the athlete’s departure was a conflict with her parents - supposedly they often intervened in the training process. Sasha herself says that she simply wanted to be on the same ice with her idols - Medvyedeva, Tsurskaya and Zagitova.

Option number 4: personal invitation from Tutberidze

Perhaps the most difficult way only for mega-promising athletes who captured Eteri's interest.

For example, Alyona Kanysheva, who became third in the 2018 JPG Final, was training with Svetlana Panova last season.

“In general, I have long been asked to join the Tutberidze group. At first I refused, and then I realized that I had done it in vain. I was not invited, but they simply conveyed: “Eteri Georgiyevna is not against seeing you in her group”, Kanysheva admitted.

At one time, the cherished “Come to the rink, we'll see you,” was heard by Alina Zagitova. You remember what happened next: dismissal from the group, a second chance from Tutberidze and a Hollywood final in Pyeongchang.

Option number 5: be an accomplished skater

There are not many adult athletes in the Tutberidze group - only Erokhov, Kvitelashvili and Tursynbayeva are now over 18 years old.

The latter is unique for another reason - she entered Khrustalniy twice. For the first time, as a teenager, competiting for Russia. The second time - already consciously last season, deciding to return from Toronto to Moscow. According to Elisabet, she was received back without question: “At Eteri Georgiyevna's we train a lot, we work a lot, every day, no concessions. And it is very tempering. It’s easier to start in competitions - as they say, it’s hard to learn, easy to fight. In Toronto, relations were more friendly. I like to train with Eteri Georgiyevna, this is how I like it”.

Also experienced Sergey Voronov trained at Khrustalniy, who, however, later sarcastically and sad revealed he was only Adyan Pitkeyev’s sparring partner in the group.

Perhaps the most talented student of Tutberidze: came back from injury, now trains and plays thrash metal

Nevertheless, Voronov twice took medals in the European Championship with Tutberidze.

The new season began very successfully for the Tutberidze group - Valiyeva, Samsonov, Trusova, Kostornaya, Shcherbakova and Zagitova gaining cosmic scores without waiting for the main starts.

This means only one thing - there will be even more people who want to train at Khrustalniy.
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/beznedokrutov/2603824.html

I'am almost certain I had a take on the Voronov interview, but cannot remember

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
And happy birthday to another very important member of Team Tutberidze - Olga Ryabenko, whose dresses for 4A and other TeamTut skaters amaze everyone every time :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Mother of Dragons - Eteri Tutberidze

Until recently, everything was more than good in Russian figure skating. Champions were appointed at the dachas of honoured people and medals were divided over a glass of beaujolais. The wireless explained who should be loved, who shouldn't. Money for training champions who obviously needed training in Courchevel, and staging programs with overseas specialists, was allocated out of the budget. Back then, everyone was happy and awarded each other. And then SHE appeared ....

And then it turned out that the Olympic champion is flying economy class. Training camps are held in Novogorsk, and not in the resorts of France and Italy. Programs are staged by only two people. Eteri Georgiyevna herself and Daniil Gleikhengauz. And for this you do not need to fly overseas at full board for the whole summer.

It turned out that talented young people don't have their wings chopped off, so at least somehow the well-deserved deservedly reached for gold.

The working room of the coach, who regained interest in figure skating in Russia, and who surprised the whole world, is not inlaid with gold and doesn't even have a window. The halls for the physical fitness exercises of its athletes who managed to reach such heights are adapted from the basement.

Polina Shelepen recalled:

- When I started skating with her, it was on an ordinary hockey rink. Back then we only looked for a place to train, in whatever conditions were offered ... Eteri Georgiyevna fought to give us ice. And then we already had some good results. And when we first came to Khrustalniy, it was a real shock. We even got our own locker room - we usually changed in the corner after the hockey players. Eteri Georgiyevna really put a lot of effort and work into making the school what it is. She collected her team bit by bit. In order to survive all this and not break, you need to have a strong character.

Would your own locker room surprise those athletes of these long-deserved people? Unlikely. Not even in Courchevel.

But what about the athletes? Who are they?

- There are always some specific people who made a breakthrough and were the first to go into space. But, before becoming a world-famous trainer, Eteri at the beginning of her coaching career worked with children for whom figure skating was a leisure, took those who were already expelled from sports schools as unsuitable. These were ordinary children, not the most talented, not the most daring, who needed to be persuaded to become bold and talented. She does it now”, told Inna Goncharenko.

A very vivid example of such a child, whose name other coaches crossed out was Yevgeniya Medvyedeva

You can whine as much as you like and be offended by anything. By 40-year-old managers, by unfriendly judging in America, by lack of funding, by the lack of sponsors, natural flexibility and benefits for well-deserved retirees from the national team. Or you can just work. In the conditions as they are.

Sometimes it seems that even if the enemies close all the rinks in Russia, Eteri Georgiyevna will still be able to train on a frozen lake. After all, something similar already happened when she was not hired anywhere and she got a job on an inflatable ice rink.

- I always tell the athletes: each of you has different pencils. And you need to draw with the colours you have", Tutberidze said.

And while others just whine, the Mother of Dragons, day by day burns down this system of cronyism and match fixers, silently does her job, glorifying the country. And what is most unpleasant for enemies weaving intrigues, she herself has already lots of fans. To whom she is interesting as a person, and not just because of her athletes.

Dracarys!
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/neozhidannoefk/2611683.html

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
^ Evgenia did not come to Eteri as a child who was expelled from other schools. Her mother and grandmother saw the results of Eteri and decided to try it there. A whole post praising Eteri and of course shade has to be thrown. What a fan boy that author is. 🤮

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Gleikhengauz: Tutberidze group skaters constantly work on a triple Axel

So far, only Alena Kostornaya owns this element, despite the fact that almost all skaters Tutberidze perform quadruple jumps.

Chongqing / China /, November 9. / Corr. TASS Vladislav Zhukov. Almost all the figure skaters in the group of the Russian coach Eteri Tutberidze work hard to learn one of the most difficult jumps in women's single skating - the triple Axel. About this TASS on Saturday learned from the choreographer of the group Tutberidze Daniil Gleikhengauz.

Three of Tutberidze’s pupils who compete in the seniors perform quad jumps - Anna Shcherbakova, Aleksandra Trusova, as well as Kazakhstan figure skater Elisabet Tursynbayeva. A triple Axel brings fewer points than quadruple jumps, but the rules allow it to be included in the short program, while quadruples are prohibited. At the moment, only one senior figure skater from the Tutberidze group includes a triple Axel in her programs - Alyona Kostornaya.

“With almost all the girls in the group, we are constantly learning this element, but when the season is in full swing, it is difficult to learn new elements, because you need to prepare for the next competition,” said Gleikhengauz. “Breaks are only short, and the risk of injury is very high if you’ll have to skate out programs and learn elements. Therefore, sometimes you have to cancel learning new things in trainings, and the process drags on. But we understand that this is necessary, therefore we are working on it. "

Russian figure skaters took first places at all stages of the Grand Prix series of the current season. Shcherbakova won the stage in the USA, Trusova won the stage in Canada, Kostornaya won the stage in France. On Saturday, Shcherbakova won the stage in China, which allowed her to qualify first in the series finale.
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Gleikhengauz called the performance of Shcherbakova's free program at the Grand Prix of China successful

The athlete won the stage, gaining a total of 226.04 points

Chongqing / China /, November 9. / Corr. TASS Vladislav Zhukov. The performance of the free program by the Russian figure skater Anna Shcherbakova at the Grand Prix stage in Chongqing, China, was successful. This opinion was expressed to TASS by the choreographer of the group Eteri Tutberidze, who trains Shcherbakova, Daniil Gleikhengauz.

On Saturday, the skaters presented their free program as part of the Grand Prix stage in Chongqing, China. 15-year-old Shcherbakova won the stage with a total result of 226.04 points, demonstrating in the free program two difficult jumps in figure skating - quadruple Lutz - and for the first time in her career made it to the Grand Prix finals.

“I consider the skating run to be quite successful,” said Gleikhengauz. “All the elements were done, despite the fact that they gave an under rotation on the first cascade (of the quad Lutz and triple Toeloop). In general, the marks were not bad, the most important thing is that she won and reached the final. "

Gleichengauz said whether Shcherbakova will have a competition before the Grand Prix finals. “It's hard to tell, we'll see,” said the expert. “If we need to take a start somewhere else, it could be in Russia. It will depend on whether we change anything in the programs.”

The Grand Prix finals will be held in Turin from December 5 to 8.
-----
https://tass.ru/sport/7096399

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Trusova and Tutberidze prepare 'da bombe' for the Grand Prix finals

The Queen of Quads is preparing a triple Axel and is going to update the world record by 10-15 points.

Trusova answered Kostornaya.

For a long time in women's single skating there has not been such a fear in all competitors over the domination of one country. Maybe never. In any case, six out of six stages of the “Grand Prix” have never been taken by Russians. It is clear that two months earlier it is impossible to draw far-reaching conclusions. But even these six stages of the “Grand Prix” were enough to start a wide discussion about refereeing and the prohibition of quadruple jumps in the short program, which they do not really want to cancel. Competitors also have something to remember - and retrieve from their troves their histories about changes in qualification age.
While the clearance for Japanese women and American women is not visible. "Khrustalniy" stars continue to break personal records and complicate programs. Alyona Kostornaya on the NHK Trophy in Sapporo barely reached the mark of 240 points, only a point less than the world record of Aleksandra Trusova. And Sasha immediately answered - through the coach’s social networks.
link to clip with Sasha's triksel https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NnHvSihJN
Eteri Tutberidze published a video from a training session where Trusova jumps a triple Axel, with the caption "Aleksandra Trusova, triple Axel."

Tutberidze is slowly turning from figure skating into a kind of director - she herself determines the drama and plot in the confrontation of her wards. On Saturdays, as Tutberidze’s students said at the last stage of the “Russian Grand Prix in Moscow”, the group has their off day. But even assuming that Trusova made that first Axel yesterday, right after Alyona’s skating runs, immediately posting it on social networks is an obvious hint to spur the competition. But rather, the video was just waiting for the proper moment of publication. Also with the corresponding hashtag - #interesting. Tutberidze definitely has a taste in their choice.

Will the intrigue be completely killed?

As for interest, there are doubts. Throughout the whole season, Trusova was out of reach for her rivals, she broke two world records in terms of points and was at the forefront of technical progress in figure skating, risking her health, like a polar explorer. It would seem - you have four quads in the free program, take care of your legs and spine! Sasha herself said at a press conference in Moscow: “I don’t know why, but the triple Axel is the most difficult jump for me.”
But Trusova is a maximalist, and soon she can add a fifth, and even a sixth and seventh element of ultra-si to her programs - after two quadruple Toeloops, Salchow and Lutz. First of all, Triksel will allow Aleksandra to not concede several points in the short program, and in her free program she can insert as many as two or at least add a revolution to the double (Axel) that the Ryazan native is already performing.

With a record skating run Trusova now stands at 241 points, then with the addition of two triple Axels instead of double axles, the base value will increase by 9.4 points. The next question is how the Russian Rocket will fulfil it. In the attempt from that clip, the judges could give an under rotation. But still, compared with the current result, it will be progress. And for a successful execution, the allowance will be decent - in the region of two or three points. Judges tend to evaluate elements of ultra-si generously. That is, in potential there is up to 15 points of advantage, which even Kostornaya will not be able to surpass without quadruples.

Trusova close to ideal?

And this despite the fact that there were experts who in principle doubted Trusova's ability to do a triple Axel. Of course, it is still unknown when it will be ready for performance in competitions. Sometimes it takes a year from the official premiere, as in the case of Rika Kihira, who never showed her quadruple Salchow in Sapporo, although she jumped it in training in January.
However, Eteri Tutberidze in this case was transparent and wrote under the video: "We are preparing for the Grand Prix finals."
Recently, much has been said that the best skater will be the one who can combine beautiful skating and technical complexity. This was said in an interview with SE and Stefan Lambiel. More recently, it seemed that Kostornaya was closer to this ideal.
Link to Youtube video interview: https://youtu.be/LHT6Bm1rU94

But the latest news and Aleksandra’s ever-rising components from start to start make her almost a reference figure skater. Yes, there is room to grow in the second assessment. Perhaps, after the triple Axel, the coaching staff will still pay attention to the sequences and composition. So that criticism in the style of Irina Slutskaya - “run-up-jump-jump-jump” - is finally a thing of the past.

And then Aleksandra will turn from a princess, who so far is only trying on a crown, into a real Queen. Or will rivals still find a way to cancel the coronation?
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...gnula-troynoy-aksel-eteri-tutberidze-1614228/
The article was published in the newspaper under the headline: “Trusova is preparing an Axel for the Grand Prix finals”

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tutberidze's Supertrio is Invincible. Even Zagitova cannot compete with them.

Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaya do not give the rest a chance.

Geopolitics in Sports

In the final of the “Grand Prix” - four Russians. Wonderful. Could there be more? Unlikely. Just because there is, let’s say, sports geopolitics. Japanese and American federations are also important and influential, with large markets and audiences. They also want their piece of the cake, and they need to be given it.
The Japanese in general, by and large, feed all of figure skating and do not allow it to turn into something marginal. An incredible number of shows that allow athletes and coaches to earn money, a lot of sponsors, a crazy people in a good sense, who come in large numbers to cheer for their own even in a Canadian outback town like Kelowna, where this year one of the Grand Prix stages was held.
And so - no one is offended. And the American audience, for whom historically figure skating is, above all, female single skating, will be happy in two weeks to sit in front of their screens and cheer on Brady Tennell in the Grand Prix Finals.

Yes, the Russians would like Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva to be in her place, who became third at the stages in the USA and China. But, in fairness, with the philosophy of “I’ll now jump the triple Axel, or even two, and I’ll wrap everyone up”, one could be successful five years ago - when she, in fact, became the World Champion. Now even triple Axels need something else - complex cascades, spins and step sequences of the fourth level, connections between the elements. In China, Tuktamysheva got burned just on this, loosing points on her spins alone.

Six out of Six

The second important point: yesterday’s juniors from the group of Eteri Tutberidze — Anna Shcherbakova, Aleksandra Trusova and Alyona Kostornaya — won two victories each. Moreover, remaining chances, in fact, did not exist.

In the USA, after her short program, Shcherbakova was in fourth, having made a error on the cascade and managed to fall on the step sequence. The gap from the leading Tennell was approximately 8 points. So what? Two quadruple Lutz's in the free program, one of which is in a cascade - and all the others are already far behind.

In Moscow, Trusova fell twice in her free program - from a quadruple Salchow and a cascade of triple Lutz and Rittberger. And nothing. Because there were three more clean quadruples, two of which in cascade, one of which is in the second half. Only a few men are even capable of this!

Now in Japan, Kostornaya also wasn't perfect - the second triple Axel didn't work out for her, plus the judges considered it not completed also. So from a base value of 8 points, she received only 3.88 for it. But at the same time, according to the assessment for the tech score, Alyona still beat both Rika Kihira with two clean triple Axels and Alina Zagitova - 82.61 against 79.43 and 77.31, respectively.

Yes, the latter were not without errors - referees found one under rotation each in both, which is why the score initially displayed on the screen dropped by about two points. But even if you add them, Kostornaya will still be ahead. Just because she performs two cascades of two triple jumps in the second half of the program, while the same Zagitova in the second half only has one cascade.

However, Alina - well done. After a breakdown in the short program, she delivered a very good skating run - much better than three weeks ago in Grenoble, showing that the day before was just a bad day that could happen to everyone. In principle, Zagitova can complicate her programs even more - say, in the short and free a jump cascade of triple Lutz and Rittberger in the second half, getting the corresponding increase in the value of the elements. True, this requires perfect readiness, which apparently does not exist right now.

How to deal with a crowbar?

But even perfect readiness and clean skating aren't guaranteed. Even if you are an Olympic champion and in general a winner of everything everywhers. Now Zagitova received 151.15 points for a well-executed free program. At the 2019 World Cup, she scored 155.42 for her free and 237.5 in total. But these were two almost flawless performances.

For comparison, Kostornaya, even with a mistake on the triple Axel, has now received 154.96 points for her free program. Trusova in Moscow with two falls and children's grades for components - 160.26 points. If we take this amount, then Kostornaya's from Japan - 240 points, and at the stage in France, where she did not succeed in the short program, she had 236. Shcherbakova in the USA with a mistake in the short program - 227.76 points. Trusova’s in Moscow with two falls in the free - 234.47 points.

That is, you can fight this miracle trio. But only under the condition of your own perfect performances and the fact that one of them will be have errors. This applies not only to Zagitova, but also to Kihira - perhaps the only two figure skaters now who are able to challenge Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaya.

So the Grand Prix finals promise to be incredibly interesting and intriguing. As well as the Championship of Russia, which will be held in a month in Krasnoyarsk. After all, it is quite possible that the trio of winners will be the same as last year - Shcherbakova, Trusova, Kostornaya - even though they can be arranged in a different order. And nothing will stop them from going to the World and European Championships. The leadership of the federation may face a difficult task: to decide to unhook the same Zagitova or Medvyedeva from the second half of the season or to invent something? A year ago, the choice of composition for the World Championships team turned into a real detective series, but this season everything can be even cooler.
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...gnula-troynoy-aksel-eteri-tutberidze-1614228/
The article was published in the newspaper under the headline: “ Tutberidze's Supertrio is invincible. Even Zagitova cannot compete with them. ”

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Geopolitics in Sports

In the final of the “Grand Prix” - four Russians. Wonderful. Could there be more? Unlikely. Just because there is, let’s say, sports geopolitics. Japanese and American federations are also important and influential, with large markets and audiences. They also want their piece of the cake, and they need to be given it.

Imagine if this paragraph was published by US media. :laugh: :rolleye:

I guess if they keep making such statements, their audience will begin to believe it.

How to deal with a crowbar?

What?!