Pink marks on tongue - Edea Piano | Golden Skate

Pink marks on tongue - Edea Piano

christy

On the Ice
Just wondering if anyone with Edea Piano can tell me if pink tinges / marks on the tongue is normal please?

christy

On the Ice
Patches of pink. Most of the tongue is white but there are pink patches around the edges and 1-2 inch spots on the tongue - all on the inside

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Are these used skates? Sounds like it rubbed on something like a gel pad or some other kind of pad the skater wore (or maybe a sock).

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Well if it's on one tongue but not the other, I would guess a manufacturing defect.

christy

On the Ice
It's on both tongues but could still be a manufacturing defect I suppose. I've only seen a couple of other pairs of Pianos and I didn't pay a lot of attention to the tongues but I'm fairly sure they were all white.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Could be from the Air Tech material inside the tongue used as cushioning. It releases moisture and you could be sweating in boots and it's rubbing through, or even them getting wet while you're simply skating.

It shouldn't do that, but it may. I'd talk to an EDEA tech to know for sure.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's on both tongues but could still be a manufacturing defect I suppose. I've only seen a couple of other pairs of Pianos and I didn't pay a lot of attention to the tongues but I'm fairly sure they were all white.
Were they like that when you first purchased them? Have the spots grown in size or got darker with wear? How much wear?

christy

On the Ice
Could be from the Air Tech material inside the tongue used as cushioning. It releases moisture and you could be sweating in boots and it's rubbing through, or even them getting wet while you're simply skating.

It shouldn't do that, but it may. I'd talk to an EDEA tech to know for sure.

They're supposed to be brand new, so it's not caused by sweat or moisture. I was wondering if it was the padding material as looking more closely it's mainly at the sides so maybe they have different types of padding they use?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
They're supposed to be brand new, so it's not caused by sweat or moisture. I was wondering if it was the padding material as looking more closely it's mainly at the sides so maybe they have different types of padding they use?

Well, you didn't specify if you had worn them or not. Usually questions here about marks/wear on skates is after they are used, so honest mistake.

And yes, they use a special material in their (edea) tongues called Air Tech..it forms to the foot better, helps with their lacing technology and is a more breathable material. It may be pink, red or dark peach in color and IF that's whats causing it, though it shouldn't be happening. I'd have a little chat with Edea if it is bothering you.

christy

On the Ice
Well, you didn't specify if you had worn them or not. Usually questions here about marks/wear on skates is after they are used, so honest mistake.

And yes, they use a special material in their (edea) tongues called Air Tech..it forms to the foot better, helps with their lacing technology and is a more breathable material. It may be pink, red or dark peach in color and that's whats causing it, though it shouldn't be happening. I'd have a little chat with Edea if it is bothering you.

Sorry, my mistake. I was trying to multitask and failed :(

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sorry, my mistake. I was trying to multitask and failed :(

No, it's fine. I'm just saying that if that is what is causing your issue you may need to talk to Edea. You may have to talk to their either way, IDK.

Good luck!