Dylan Moscovitch: Injury at 2018 Nationals | Golden Skate

Dylan Moscovitch: Injury at 2018 Nationals

DonnaR

On the Ice
I knew that Dylan was injured at 2018 Nationals but I never heard the details of his injury. Here is a link to an interview with his fiance that gives the details:

https://www.thegistnews.ca/sharon-f...Qurl_7O76_xx5aLDi-4i6JDtKKf3TIJoB3S6wcmpBRBrs

It's amazing to me that he competed! I was at those Nationals and was completely heartbroken for he and Lubov. To have such a fluke accident happen to crush your dreams, must be devastating.

"Unfortunately, back in December 2017 Dylan had a serious but fluke accident. While he was taking a break between workouts, he gave me a call while he was relaxing on a stretching mat. While we were on the phone together, a 200 pound mirrored door next time him unhinged and fell on him.

He was knocked unconscious and suffered multiple facial lacerations, a cracked bone in his hand, multiple stitches in his right hand and was concussed for two months. What was horrible, is that I heard everything on the other end of the phone, not knowing whether or not he was dead or alive, and this was as I was about to board a three hour flight back to Toronto."

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, I hadn't heard the details. I thought at the time it was so strange that he and Lubov looked so under-prepared, and then they had such a terrible skate at 4CC after that (too bad that that was his final competitive skate). They had such great programs that season and really could have done well, IMO. I really wanted to see them skate that LP, especially full out. This explains a lot. It's amazing he was on his feet at nationals and 4CC.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my, how horribly devastating it must’ve been for Dylan, to be gravely injured in what was simply a fluke accident, combined with the fact that the national championships to qualify for the Olympic team were just on the horizon. Life really isn’t fair sometimes. :( Poor Lubov as well, of course. She must’ve been scared for Dylan and likely felt helpless, as there wasn’t much either of them could do short of a miracle to return to top form in such a short window of time.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - That's horrifying! :( I had no idea at the time what exactly had happened to him, but I didn't realize it was quite this serious. It's incredible that he was able to skate as well as he did, given those injuries.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was sad to read this. I already knew and I thought it was tragic. I felt for Dylan. I know we can't do what if. He and Kristen were so so close. He is a nice person and I thought he and Lubov were just on the cusp. At least making the oly team seemed pretty safe. I honestly was shocked he tried to compete at Nats and 4CC's. i wish he skated one more year with Lubov. But life is full of unfair twists sometimes. I hope good karma comes his way.

pandatours

On the Ice
Oh no, that’s horrible! It makes sense now why Dylan was making ~comments last year about how his career not ending the way he wanted it to. I thought he was just being a bitter b which was surprising because I’ve always liked him but this makes a lot of sense. At his age this unfortunately just seemed like a hard injury to come back from. I just hope that there is no bad blood between Dylan and Luba

After Eric Radford I always thought Dylan was the strongest makes pairs skater in Canada, followed by Charlie Biladeau and then Michael Marinaro (look he’s improved but I saw him live at 4CC so my lukewarm feelings were confirmed irl). It’s always been sad to me the way KMT dumped Dylan because she wanted to go to 2 more Olympics and Dylan and Luba didn’t make it to Pyeongchang because when they were consistent they were quite good. They had great chemistry too

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
OMG who would have thought! Poor Dylan :sad21: They were my fav Canadian pair and deserved so much better at their final season :sad4: