Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98

Thread: 2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

  1. #1
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,711

    1 Not allowed!

    EUR 2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

    Who will rise to the top amongst the non-Russian ladies in Europe?

    The Players:

    Loena Hendrickx
    Emmi Peltonen
    Viveca Lindfors
    Alexia Paganini
    Victoria Safonova
    Mae Berenice Meite
    Laurine Lecavelier
    Anna Kuzmenko
    Marina Piredda
    Ivett Toth
    Ekaterina Kurakova
    Nicole Schott
    Anastasia Shabotova
    Alessia Tornaghi
    Ekaterina Ryabova

    Whew! So many great ladies! Who is your favorite? Did I leave anyone out? Let’s get discussing for the 2019/20 season!!��
    Last edited by gsk8; 08-19-2019 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Flag added

  2. #2
    Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,183

    0 Not allowed!
    As expected Ekaterina Kurakova got the JGP spot for Gdansk, Poland

  3. #3
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    944
    Country: Nepal

    2 Not allowed!
    Crossing fingers for Loena Hendrickx to fully recover for her 2 GP and doing well the whole season

  4. #4
    GS Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    695
    Country: United Kingdom

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post

    Whew! So many great ladies! Who is your favorite? Did I leave anyone out? Let’s get discussing for the 2019/20 season!!��
    I would add Alina Urushadze, Eliška Březinová and Alexandra Feigin to the list!

    (this list is going to be long!)

  5. #5
    Bona Fide Member elektra blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,269
    Country: Italy

    2 Not allowed!
    Eva Lotta Kiibus is also one to watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    Who will rise to the top amongst the non-Russian ladies in Europe?

    The Players:



    Whew! So many great ladies! Who is your favorite? Did I leave anyone out? Let’s get discussing for the 2019/20 season!!��
    to answer to your question: nobody can challenge the russians in the next future, someone can sneak on the podium when some of them falter, like Viveca Lindofrs did at last Euros. that said, i love many of them but this season my favourite i think is going to be Vika Safonova. Vika deserves more love, the gods know she didn't get any from Rusfed (before someone gets upset i'm joking about Rusfed)

  6. #6
    In love with too many ladies sweetice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    938
    Country: Italy

    1 Not allowed!
    Safonova can't participate at the Euros of this season. Still, i think she's a one to follow and with great chances to be near the podium in the future. She's so tall that her growth may be already stabilized by now.

    About this season i'm expecting the better results from Viveca.
    I hope Loena can recover and be there with her, if not above. Without Caro, right now she's my favorite non-russian european.
    Kurakova may be at Paganini's actual level. She can rival japanese and korean's girls on JGP, maybe even catch a bronze, if something happen.
    Between the italian girls i rather say Beccari. The last season she missed her first chance to catch the national senior title but she's still the most talented one. Sadly, this season Italy have only one spot at the Euros, Piredda and Tornaghi will certainly fight for it.

  7. #7
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    880

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetice View Post
    Safonova can't participate at the Euros of this season. Still, i think she's a one to follow and with great chances to be near the podium in the future. She's so tall that her growth may be already stabilized by now.

    About this season i'm expecting the better results from Viveca.
    I hope Loena can recover and be there with her, if not above. Without Caro, right now she's my favorite non-russian european.
    Kurakova may be at Paganini's actual level. She can rival japanese and korean's girls on JGP, maybe even catch a bronze, if something happen.
    Between the italian girls i rather say Beccari. The last season she missed her first chance to catch the national senior title but she's still the most talented one. Sadly, this season Italy have only one spot at the Euros, Piredda and Tornaghi will certainly fight for it.
    Why can’t Safonova do Euros this year? I thought her last international was in November, so shouldn’t she be able to skate for Belarus in any events 1 calendar year after her last competition for Russia?

    If my calculations are correct, she should be able to do Golden Spin and earn the minimums for Euros.

  8. #8
    Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    975
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    I'd add Anastasia Arkhipova from Ukraine! She's senior age eligible this year, so hopefully she'll snag that Euros spot.

  9. #9
    In love with too many ladies sweetice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    938
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    Why can’t Safonova do Euros this year? I thought her last international was in November, so shouldn’t she be able to skate for Belarus in any events 1 calendar year after her last competition for Russia?

    If my calculations are correct, she should be able to do Golden Spin and earn the minimums for Euros.
    The news about her change has come from a minor participation to a competition at Minsk.
    I still don't have see nothing about her be officially released by the RusFed, so i was assuming that this season may go undone internationally, like what happen to Kurakova on the past season. Even if the rule is about one year, these kind of switch can actually take more time. If you think about it, as she has already represented Russia on an international competition, the change has come up like it wasn't programmed before.

  10. #10
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,733

    0 Not allowed!
    It's the ISU that has a rule about not being able to compete for 1 season.

    Federations have their own rules about how long athletes must wait for a release.

  11. #11
    #СердцемСЗагитовой / #TeamTutberidze Spirals for Miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,360
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetice View Post
    The news about her change has come from a minor participation to a competition at Minsk.
    I still don't have see nothing about her be officially released by the RusFed, so i was assuming that this season may go undone internationally, like what happen to Kurakova on the past season. Even if the rule is about one year, these kind of switch can actually take more time. If you think about it, as she has already represented Russia on an international competition, the change has come up like it wasn't programmed before.
    Her official fskate.ru bio says Belarus, so hopefully she's been released

  12. #12
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,711

    1 Not allowed!
    Has there been any new news on Loena Hendrickx? I hope she’s recovered from her injury!

    Also, good luck to Alexandra Feigin at the jgp this week!!!!

  13. #13
    Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    975
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Anyone know if Lea Johanna Dastich of Germany has retired? I thought for certain we'd see her back in competition this season.

  14. #14
    Tripping on the Podium DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    973

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    Has there been any new news on Loena Hendrickx? I hope she’s recovered from her injury!

    Also, good luck to Alexandra Feigin at the jgp this week!!!!
    A couple of days ago Loena posted on IG about about wanting to be back on the ice soon. She was at the gym so at least she was able to train off the ice.

  15. #15
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,711

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    A couple of days ago Loena posted on IG about about wanting to be back on the ice soon. She was at the gym so at least she was able to train off the ice.
    Great! Loena has the most potential of the non Russian European ladies to get above 70 in the sp and about 200 for a total score. I want her to get better soon and have an impressive season.

  16. #16
    Tripping on the Podium VenusHalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    722
    Country: Czech Republic

    0 Not allowed!
    Well she was posting some videos of doing spins and spirals during the summer... is there some news she is injured? Or maybe it's just she is not able to be at her rink?

  17. #17
    GS Supporter Colonel Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,316
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusHalley View Post
    Well she was posting some videos of doing spins and spirals during the summer... is there some news she is injured? Or maybe it's just she is not able to be at her rink?
    She had a training injury and hasn't been on the ice in a while.

  18. #18
    Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    975
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Has Anna Kuzmenko appeared on any more JGP entry lists, or is it possible that she could get the GP France host spot?

  19. #19
    In love with too many ladies sweetice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    938
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperalvioletta View Post
    Has Anna Kuzmenko appeared on any more JGP entry lists, or is it possible that she could get the GP France host spot?
    She was on the entry list of Courchevel and she was postponed to the fifth event http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109488.htm

    No chance of be on the GP this season.

  20. #20
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    419
    Country: France

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperalvioletta View Post
    Has Anna Kuzmenko appeared on any more JGP entry lists, or is it possible that she could get the GP France host spot?
    She will apparently take part in JGP Poland. Is it possible to compete in one GP and one JGP ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •