Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Aya Hatakawa from Germany is truly special she has some beautiful qualities to her skating, loved her spins and her performance qualities. Of course the jumps need a little more training, but considering that she probably has less time to train than most skaters she is on a good track. Maybe a new European lady to look out for in the future?

Bona Fide Member

6 Not allowed!
    Too bad junior judging doesn't reward artistry much, cause Ekaterina Kurakova was delightful to watch: always in character through the whole program and authentic, good skating skills also.

Her scores will grow up for sure once she transitions into seniors, hopefully very soon.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstoj View Post
    Her scores will grow up for sure once she transitions into seniors, hopefully very soon.
    I imagine she'll be doing a split season, so I expect to see her at the Warsaw Cup, and thence to Europeans and Worlds (she might go to Junior Worlds too, grab all the experience you can, after all).

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    I imagine she'll be doing a split season, so I expect to see her at the Warsaw Cup, and thence to Europeans and Worlds (she might go to Junior Worlds too, grab all the experience you can, after all).
    I bet she'll be sent to everything, Matteo-style

1 Not allowed!
    I think it wasn't here yet. Slovakian skater Silvia Hugecová has ended her competitive career at the age of 18:
    https://sport.sme.sk/c/22171915/silv...-18-rokov.html

She said after finishing high school she now took figure skating as a job and started to lose enjoyment and passion for figure skating, therefore her performances became worse. She lost self confidenceand therefore she decided to end her career and focus on studying.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    Aya Hatakawa from Germany is truly special she has some beautiful qualities to her skating, loved her spins and her performance qualities. Of course the jumps need a little more training, but considering that she probably has less time to train than most skaters she is on a good track. Maybe a new European lady to look out for in the future?
    I really like what I see as well.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Lara Naki Guttman competes again this week in jgp Italy!!!! Hoping she skates so well she receives above 60 for her short program.

Eva Lotta Kiibus will be competing there too!!!! Love this girl’s performance qualities!

Tripping on the Podium norwegianfairytale's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Does anybody know if Pernille Sörensen from Denmark is taking a break from skating? Just noticed that she hasn´t been posting anything on IG about figure skating pretty much since last season and recently she has been travelling with her boyfriend, doesn´t look like she is training for a new season. I also havn´t seen her on a entry list yet. But there is also no talk about retirement. Just wondering if we will see her this season.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    Lara Naki Guttman competes again this week in jgp Italy!!!! Hoping she skates so well she receives above 60 for her short program.

Eva Lotta Kiibus will be competing there too!!!! Love this girl’s performance qualities!
    they did very well in their challengers, so there's hope for a good placement here

Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Regarding Nebelhorn Trophy. Looks like Nicole Schott is in good shape. Seems like the worst is over regarding her injury from last season. Her SP was very solid! Maybe a Top 10 finish at Europeans is possible again?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Laurine Lecavelier just debuted her two new programs at the Masters de Patinage: SP and FS. Despite a couple of mistakes in the FS this is perhaps the best I've ever seen her skate in terms of technique (and that 2A+3T+2T in the FS is a stunner). With her and Mae both looking strong, and Lea Serna and Julie Froetscher both candidates for the third French spot at Europeans, we might be looking at a bit of a French renaissance there too.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if Maïa Mazzara will join the fight for the 3rd French spot
    She won the junior event at the Masters and got more points than Serna.
    And I still wish a successful comeback for Alizée Crozet, who was struggling with injuries.

May we have 6 European spots for France?

3 Not allowed!
    Eva Lotta has a very good shot at the podium right now will she be consistent enough to take it? honestly i don't think so (and i'm hoping with all my heart she can prove me wrong), but still is a huuge improvement from last season

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elektra blue View Post
    Eva Lotta has a very good shot at the podium right now will she be consistent enough to take it? honestly i don't think so (and i'm hoping with all my heart she can prove me wrong), but still is a huuge improvement from last season
    Eva Lotta was amazing!! If she’d just have landed her loop cleanly, she would probably have 60+ points for the sp. And I would be screaming with happiness. But, imo, her pcs should’ve been a bit higher.
    I would love for her to win bronze tomorrow.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Eva Lotta was amazing!! If she’d just have landed her loop cleanly, she would probably have 60+ points for the sp. And I would be screaming with happiness. But, imo, her pcs should’ve been a bit higher.
    I would love for her to win bronze tomorrow.
    I watched her for the first time today and really enjoyed her skating!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    Watched her for the first time. I enjoyed her Gdansk performance. Her spins are quite nice. I'd love to see her revisit that Exogenesis program after another three years of polish.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Wow and congratulations to Alessia Tornaghi, a bronze at jgp Italy!!! Is this the first time in a long time that a ladies skater not from the “big figure skating countries” broke through and medaled?

1 Not allowed!
    Wow and congratulations to Alessia Tornaghi, a bronze at jgp Italy!!! Is this the first time in a long time that a ladies skater not from the “big figure skating countries” broke through and medaled?
    The last JGP medal for a non-Russian European lady was Ira Vannut of Belgium winning a bronze at 2010 JGP Germany.

Tripping on the Podium VenusHalley's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Alessia shoulda been silver.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusHalley View Post
    Alessia shoulda been silver.
    It was very close!
    Anna Frolova's total score was less than a point higher than Alessia's. Anna did score over 60 in the SP, a decent points cushion that saved the silver for her.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast