2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
However they can take advantage from good results of those "adopted" skaters. Thanks to Katia Kurakova's JGP results one Polish girl can go to the Youth Olympic Games next year :).

She's also very likely to win a second Euros spot and more JGP spots for other skaters. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that she could get 2 Olympic spots for Poland, which is probably the only chance for another Polish ladies skater to qualify. When it comes to Worlds spots, no Polish lady qualified, so even if we get 2 spots, it's not guaranteed that the 2nd will be filled.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I know it’s been asked before, but back then nobody knew for sure: will Shabotova be able to go to europeans?
And when does her nationals take place?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I know it’s been asked before, but back then nobody knew for sure: will Shabotova be able to go to europeans?
And when does her nationals take place?

I think besides the age, it should take some time for her to be released.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
To skate for a different country, a skater needs a release and also cannot compete internationally for the new country for one year after their last international assignment for their previous country.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
No Viveca Lindfors at Finnish nationals and that means she is not able to compete at Euros either. Reason is still the injury.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
No Viveca Lindfors at Finnish nationaljs and that means she is not able to compete at Euros either. Reason is still the injury.

That’s too bad.☹️ So who will win Finnish nationals? And who’ll be sent to Europeans? How many spots does Finland have in ladies?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Three spots and they send ladies who has got the best sb scores. The placements of the nationals will not ne counted, but scores of the nationals will be. At the moment three best sb list is 1. Jenni Saarinen 2. Emmi Peltonen 3. Sofia Sula. I think Linnea Ceder and maybe Vera Stolt are the strongest canditates to compete about those spots.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
No Viveca Lindfors at Finnish nationals and that means she is not able to compete at Euros either. Reason is still the injury.

That's really sad. So probably no nordics or worlds either. I hope she comes back healed and strong next season.

Nirti

Medalist
The first half of the season comes to its end and we've not seen Nicole Rajicova, Pernille Sorensen and Julia Sauter competing. Any news about them?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Victoria Safonova is in the season’s best top 24!!! I hope she can stay there till the end of the season so she can get a GP spot next year.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Nicole Schott also posted one of the best scores this season among non-Russian ladies at Golden Spin (~182 points).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nicole Schott also posted one of the best scores this season among non-Russian ladies at Golden Spin (~182 points).

Nicole has had a great season. 2 grand prix spots, invited to both galas. 2 challengers bronze medals. She may make top 5 at Europeans.

DenissVFan

Medalist
4 Nationals Championships -- main contenders:

Kurakova (POL), Toth (HUN), Brezinova (CZE), Lang (HUN), Gabryszak (POL).

No Rajicova (SVK) on the entry list.

Number of skaters per country:

- Poland - 8
- Hungary - 5
- Czech Republic - 4
- Slovakia - 3

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I always like this whole idea of smaller countries (in the sense of Figure Skating) doing their Nationals together. I wish we did that kind of thing in the Benelux. I hope Kurakova does well, she quite blew me away at Warsaw Cup!

DenissVFan

Medalist
4 Nationals - top 3 after the SP (all 3 made mistakes):

1. Kurakova 57.30
2. Brezinova 56.85
3. Toth 52.26