2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
Good performances by Katia and Nastya, nice job :)

Vera Stolt looks like she may be a contender for Finland's 3rd Euros spot.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Katya Kurakova for placing in the top 5 at her first JGP! :yay:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Poor Arkhipova =/ that delay was so horrible, she froze to death, was so red from cold and then bombed everything =/
How unfortunate.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Poor Kurakova. I believe she and BOrser are trying their best, but the girl’s jumps are soooo tight. Maybe they’ll get better with more time spent at TCC? I just don’t know, those jumps don’t look like they’ll receive high GOE. Makes me think that at this season’s Europeans, she won’t be a strong enough competitor to face the strong non-Russian ladies like Safonova, Paganini, Hendrickx, Lindfors and Shabotova.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
My heart goes to Anastasiia Arkhipova.

Due to some technical issues for the score of the previous skater, she had to wait 10-15 minutes (it felt like forever) on the cold ice before skating: she was clearly struggling to warm herself up, hands and nose looked frozen, by the time judges were finally ready she could barely skate, made lots of mistakes and left the ice crying because she wanted to skate clean and she can absolutely but not in this condition.

It's unfortunate and perhaps this could have been avoided.

In my opinion the referee should have suggested her to leave the ice until the problem was fixed since it was taking too long.

Nirti

Medalist
Any news about Diana Nikitina? IIRC she was injured on autumn 2018 and then WD for all the season... But I've not seen her name on any Challenger Event entries list for the moment :frown:

icetug

Medalist
Any news about Diana Nikitina? IIRC she was injured on autumn 2018 and then WD for all the season... But I've not seen her name on any Challenger Event entries list for the moment :frown:

Diana had problems with her hip and surgery in Switzerland was considered. She visited Champery for a while in June (and this was connected with the surgery rather than the next season settlement as Stephane was in Japan that particular time afaik). She hasn't got any financial support from Latvian Federation for this season however... nor she's shared any photos from an ice-rink recently. Hope it doesn't mean she is not going to come back.

Nirti

Medalist
Diana had problems with her hip and surgery in Switzerland was considered. She visited Champery for a while in June (and this was connected with the surgery rather than the next season settlement as Stephane was in Japan that particular time afaik). She hasn't got any financial support from Latvian Federation for this season however... nor she's shared any photos from an ice-rink recently. Hope it doesn't mean she is not going to come back.

Thanks for the informations! Golovkina came back after 2 seasons off... Let's hope there's a chance for Nikitina too!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Thanks for the informations! Golovkina came back after 2 seasons off... Let's hope there's a chance for Nikitina too!
It's not certain yet that Golovkina will be competing at Europeans again in January but she is currently collecting points so let's hope she qualifies!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Are there any upcoming French ladies skaters who can do well in the sport? Anna Kuzmenko seems to be injured. ☹️😭 I hope this is not true. Can anyone confirm?

Nirti

Medalist
Sophie Sprung shown interesting qualities on JGP Courchevel. What a pity she can't have a 2nd JGP, French Fed really sucks concerning replacements after a WD...

The French Master's will happen in 2 weeks, we'll see an interesting fight between Léa Serna, Alizée Crozet and Julie Froetscher for the 3rd Trophée de France spot. Last year at French Nationals they finished in less than 2 points :biggrin:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I’m seeing Anna Kuzmenko is out of JGP Poland now. It must be some kind of injury. She was a dark horse for a medal on the JGP and I was really looking forward to seeing what she could do. :-( Get well soon Anna!

I don’t get not having a sub either. Sophie Sprung was excellent at the JGP France and absolutely deserves another assignment. They could have replaced Anna at JGP France too and chose not to.

This is a chance for Maia Mazzara to shine. She switched from Switzerland to representing France and actually beat Anna Kuzmenko in the free at Junior Nationals last year. It looks like a rivalry could be forming between the two of them. Maybe together they could become the next Laurine and Mae-Berenice duo! Maia is competing this weekend at JGP Russia with a real chance at top 10 or even higher and I wish her the best of luck!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Three words: EVA LOTTA KIIBUS.

EVA LOTTA KIIBUS.

Wow is she good! Those PCS could’ve been about 2 or 3 points higher, imo.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I will (for now, I will probably change my mind later) cheer for Hoendrickx, Lindfors and Kurakova. I think K can be the surprise at Euros, she got loads of personality on the ice��

DenissVFan

Medalist
I think someone wondered about Lea Johanna Dastich not long ago. She's been assigned to Finlandia Trophy.