2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Anyone have some infos on Anna Kuzmenko? I don‘t think I‘ve seen her compete on the JGP this season...

Fluture

Record Breaker
It seems that Viveca didn't turn up at Golden Bear after all.

Olga Mikutina of Austria is leading with the score of 62.32. According to the protocols, she landed a 3Lz-3T with a positive GOE.

Sad for Viveca. She was so brilliant last season at Euros. Speedy recovery!

Yay for Olga, though. Finally landed that 3Lz+3T cleanly and rotated (I assume). I still think a 3T-3T would be safer but well done regardless. :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
It looks like neither of the French ladies was invited to the IdF gala. I think it happened before, right? Quite weird.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Our commentator at Viafree, this time Anuliisa Uotila, said "Viveca will start her season a little bit later". So I understand she is recovering and back to Arenas soon.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Emmi Peltonen is leading Volvo open cup with good SP score for her 65.51. I think she has never got so high score, including nationals. I watched her performance. That's quite good because she did only 3T-2T combination, but otherwise her jumps were best from her I have seen ever before. None shaky landings and no UR's. Situation at Europeans look good even if Viveca does not recover. Also the "2002 gang" is improving their SB's, Sofia Sula is now holding the place to get the third spot, if someone of " born on 1999" Finnish ladies is not able to compete or does not get good scores enough to get a spot.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Viktoria Safonova looked really good at Volvo Open! I would've put her into first, but I'm glad to see her doing well!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I love both skaters, but why were Safonova’s pcs so low and Emmi Peltonen’s suddenly much higher? Anyway, since I’ll probably never know, I’m just rooting for both these girls to hit the 200 point total mark. Each is capable of it. I think. Maybe just Safonova.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Emmi has always gotten quite high PCS scores compared to her technical skills. He often has won Viveca, who has always been technically more skilled, at nationals just because of better PCS.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In fan fest is expected to write only positive things, so I write this here. Emmi got quite good score at Volvo open Cup. with disaster FS and without any 3-3 combination, 158+. That score means she is 2nd in Finnish SB list and they send to Euros 3 ladies who has best SB scores, if they have reached the minimum TES in competitions ISU accpets. Another local rule to get a spot is that SB score must be 155 or higher. I like Emmi, but this competition makes me feel like somebody has decided Emmi to get more than 155, because her FS was technically one of the worst in the whole competition. Interesting situation, while many of the junior skaters have done several times better than Emmi, but Emmi just got high PCS scores. Viveca has not even started and probably the only competition where she can give the proof of her conditions and actual skills is nationals in the middle of December. I hope the young skaters, Vera, Sofia and Linnea have some possibilities to give proofs in some international competitions, because I do not trust the scoring of the nationals. They also count nationals and qualifications for nationals and all international competitions which they accept to SB list. Above all, I hope Emmi gets back her previous level, at least. But if she continues with skates like in Riga, she should not to be send in big competitions. Let's hope in Moscow she will do better.

Jenni took part also to qualifications at previous weekend. Her SB is so good, so she will for sure get a spot at Euros. I cannot see anyone of the teenagers get more than 180, even not with a clean skate. But Jenni was not good at qualifications either; I did not see it, I just checked the results. She hes said in interview there was not pressure and she needs it to skate better. I think she has been quite moody always and anything can happen, she can surprise in both ways.

In juniors there are now new names to be favorites, quite young also.

icetug

Medalist
I like Emmi, but this competition makes me feel like somebody has decided Emmi to get more than 155, because her FS was technically one of the worst in the whole competition. Interesting situation, while many of the junior skaters have done several times better than Emmi, but Emmi just got high PCS scores.

Emmi gets high PCS scores internationally on a regular basis so it's not like she's cherished by Finnish Fed ;). She's a beautiful performer and as long as there are no juniors good enough to overcome her BOTH in TES and PCS, she will be sent to Europeans and even (if she get TES minimum) to Worlds. That's reasonable: her jumps are usually hit or miss, so she can be as high as in top 5 when she hits them but no lower than in top 15 when she misses them, because of high PCS.
She was so pissed off after FS in Riga... Just hope it makes her stronger as we all learn from our mistakes :). Good luck for her at CoR!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Next week Warsaw Cup is going to be interesting.

Ekaterina Kurakova will be there alongside the italians Marina Piredda (who had those beautiful performances at World Team Trophy last season) and Lucrezia Gennaro (italy's no. 2 at nationals), against Bradie Tennell who is expected to win, Olympian's Dabin Choi and of course the russians.

I love both skaters, but why were Safonova’s pcs so low and Emmi Peltonen’s suddenly much higher? Anyway, since I’ll probably never know, I’m just rooting for both these girls to hit the 200 point total mark. Each is capable of it. I think. Maybe just Safonova.

Safonova is competing for a small country (not as relevant in figure skating) and she doesn't have any sort of experience/status in the GP circuit.

Much like Ryabova here, it is going to take a while before they get big components, but if they keep skating clean winning these events, getting new PBs, beating names, and focus on the long term goals they will eventually rise to the top.

Agaszka

Rinkside

Ekaterina Kurakova will be there alongside the italians Marina Piredda (who had those beautiful performances at World Team Trophy last season) and Lucrezia Gennaro (italy's no. 2 at nationals), against Bradie Tennell who is expected to win, Olympian's Dabin Choi and of course the russians.
Can't wait to see Katia there. Hope she improved her jumps, bc on JGP she get UR and really took it bad. And she was in Poland for a while now with polish coaches (and we all know they aren't good) or non coach at all, so that's a little alarming. Here should be link to live stream of Warsaw Cup - http://cspol2019.pl/en

DenissVFan

Medalist
Can't wait to see Katia there. Hope she improved her jumps, bc on JGP she get UR and really took it bad. And she was in Poland for a while now with polish coaches (and we all know they aren't good) or non coach at all, so that's a little alarming. Here should be link to live stream of Warsaw Cup - http://cspol2019.pl/en

Speaking of Polish skaters, do you happen to know why Ela Gabryszak is no longer on the entry list? She started the season off by landing a 3-3 but then the results have been rather disappointing. Is her withdrawal due to injury?

icetug

Medalist
Lucrezia Gennaro (italy's no. 2 at nationals).

I noticed that there are at least four or five girls named Lucrezia in Italian figure skating and given they all will be at least such successful as their two better known namesakes I expect a total imbroglio ;).

Lucrezia BECCARI is going to start at Warsaw Cup (and she is a silver medalist of last nationals). Lucrezia Gennaro is older, taller, and she was 5th at the nationals :).

I wish Katia does great at his first senior international competition (OK, 4 Nationals are international, but to the limited extend ;)) as I imagine it's important to her to show her strenght in front of Polish fans.
There will be so many girls I like so much: all three Italians, all two Swedish plus Agnieszka, Angelina, Ivett, Valentina, Serafima, Victoria... Now I'm sad I cannot go to Warsaw for at least one day :cry:.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I noticed that there are at least four or five girls named Lucrezia in Italian figure skating and given they all will be at least such successful as their two better known namesakes I expect a total imbroglio ;).

Lucrezia BECCARI is going to start at Warsaw Cup (and she is a silver medalist of last nationals). Lucrezia Gennaro is older, taller, and she was 5th at the nationals :).

it's strange, Lucrezia is not a very popular name in the last few decades, the most popular girl given names are Giulia and Sofia but not in the fs world it seems :laugh:

icetug

Medalist
Also Tallin Trophy: 4. Angelina Kuchvalska, 153,55 (her new PB is 150,86 from Minsk this year). She came directly (?) from the Volvo Cup, where she was 11th after disappointing FS and I was afraid she had stamina problems - but apparently not, in Tallin she was 4th in FS. Hope she's even better in Warsaw and gets TES for Worlds. She seems to be determined to get it what's great as she was close to giving up figure skating some time ago. Wish her the best.