2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Viveca Lindfors is planning to compete at Coupe du Printemps, Kockelscheuer and Triglav Trophy & Narcisa Cup, Jesenice, according to Finnish federation's "look where will be competed" -page.

And now her name has been removed from Coupe du Printemps and Narcisa Cup is not mentioned there at all, is it cancelled? So no Viveca for this season. Other Finns have not been doing well either and some of the youngest are injured. But maybe there is some future, there are some talented 12-13 years compared to many other top skaters at that age.

MaHa75

On the Ice
How are things in Europe? I know that some rinks are open again ( finland, norway). How the others doing?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In the Czech Republic the state of emergency should last till 17th may, after that most things should work normally. Though gyms and fitness were opened yesterady already, but in limited regime (without a shower or locker rooms and you have to workout with mask on).

MaHa75

On the Ice
Estonia will let all country team athletes back to train 02.05.2020!
Yesterday I saw on instagram that Norwegian skaters are back on ice.

Country
Norway
How are things in Europe? I know that some rinks are open again ( finland, norway). How the others doing?

I don´t think Finland has open the rinks yet? I just saw both Emma Peltonen and Oona Ounasvouri posting on IG that they miss the ice.

As far as Norway goes, the decision to open the rinks now are up to clubs and/or local government. The clubs has to apply to reopen, and the application must have a detailed plan for how to re-open with strict measures to avoid spread of the virus. The local government, probably together with a local medical officer has to make the decision. Therefore there is still a lot of rinks in Norway that are closed and will be closed for a very long time, but like Sondres club, Asker - which has most of the elite skaters in Norway - is allowed to open.

I´m guessing this is also a matter of the economics of the clubs and the possibilities to hold the rinks open with the expenses. I´m guessing the clubs has to be divided into groups and spread the training at the whole day. I know they are already doing it before Corona in Asker because they have so many club members, but now it is probably stricter so i´m guessing not everybody will be allowed to use the ice now.

A lot of ice rinks are already closed during summer - so I guess a lot of ice halls will not be opened before next season/fall. Most of the skaters go to other countries to train in the summer, I have no clue what they will be doing now.

MaHa75

On the Ice
I saw emmi Peltonen ig story, where she was back in ice i think yesterday! Austria has opened the rink for national team skaters!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Could Anna represent my country? She would become the part of the national team in a minute...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexia Paganini announced on IG live convo with Lina Federova that she is training full time in Champéry with Stéphane Lambiel.

Makes sense for a skater representing Switzerland :) Can’t link to the Twitter off of my iPad, h/t @Sylviaunseen.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
French team started to train in Courchavel last week, but not Anna Kuzmenko...so it tells something!

Kuzmenko had a serious back injury, if I remember correctly. She may not be able to skate again yet, or at all.

icetug

Medalist
Alexia Paganini announced on IG live convo with Lina Federova that she is training full time in Champéry with Stéphane Lambiel.

Makes sense for a skater representing Switzerland :) Can’t link to the Twitter off of my iPad, h/t @Sylviaunseen.

Here is the link: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1275826915484540930

Champery has been a training rink for Alexia and other Swiss skaters for a while after they re-opened in May. Stephane choreographed new program/programs for her and apparently she decided it was better to train here than to return to the USA. What's smart I think.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Kuzmenko had a serious back injury, if I remember correctly. She may not be able to skate again yet, or at all.

:sad21: Such a shame, she was one of my favorites. She’s so charming! I really hope she can heal and come back somehow...

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Here is the link: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1275826915484540930

Champery has been a training rink for Alexia and other Swiss skaters for a while after they re-opened in May. Stephane choreographed new program/programs for her and apparently she decided it was better to train here than to return to the USA. What's smart I think.

Excited for Alexia. I want her to do well. But lambiel isn’t known for making his skaters consistent.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Kimmy Repond will turn junior this season. She is a Swiss skater and I have been waiting for her international debut for ages. That the JGP might not happen is quite a bummer since I am sure Kimmy would surprise a lot of people. She has all her triples and 3-3s, and has been jumping unique combos like 2A+3Lo since last season. She may bring some hope for the future of European ladies skating :)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Any news on Kurakova? I guess, just like with Medvedeva, training with BOrser in Canada is now a problem?

MaHa75

On the Ice
Kurakova is in Courchevel, France...probably doing a new program with Benoit Richaud.
Next week also Eva-Lotta Kiibus will go there