2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Aya Hatakawa from Germany is truly special :) she has some beautiful qualities to her skating, loved her spins and her performance qualities. Of course the jumps need a little more training, but considering that she probably has less time to train than most skaters she is on a good track. Maybe a new European lady to look out for in the future? :)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Too bad junior judging doesn't reward artistry much, cause Ekaterina Kurakova was delightful to watch: always in character through the whole program and authentic, good skating skills also.

Her scores will grow up for sure once she transitions into seniors, hopefully very soon.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Her scores will grow up for sure once she transitions into seniors, hopefully very soon.
I imagine she'll be doing a split season, so I expect to see her at the Warsaw Cup, and thence to Europeans and Worlds (she might go to Junior Worlds too, grab all the experience you can, after all).

DenissVFan

Medalist
I imagine she'll be doing a split season, so I expect to see her at the Warsaw Cup, and thence to Europeans and Worlds (she might go to Junior Worlds too, grab all the experience you can, after all).

I bet she'll be sent to everything, Matteo-style ;)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think it wasn't here yet. Slovakian skater Silvia Hugecová has ended her competitive career at the age of 18:
https://sport.sme.sk/c/22171915/silvia-hugec-ukoncila-sutaznu-karieru-vo-veku-18-rokov.html

She said after finishing high school she now took figure skating as a job and started to lose enjoyment and passion for figure skating, therefore her performances became worse. She lost self confidenceand therefore she decided to end her career and focus on studying.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Aya Hatakawa from Germany is truly special :) she has some beautiful qualities to her skating, loved her spins and her performance qualities. Of course the jumps need a little more training, but considering that she probably has less time to train than most skaters she is on a good track. Maybe a new European lady to look out for in the future? :)
I really like what I see as well.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Lara Naki Guttman competes again this week in jgp Italy!!!! Hoping she skates so well she receives above 60 for her short program.

Eva Lotta Kiibus will be competing there too!!!! Love this girl’s performance qualities!

Country
Norway
Does anybody know if Pernille Sörensen from Denmark is taking a break from skating? Just noticed that she hasn´t been posting anything on IG about figure skating pretty much since last season and recently she has been travelling with her boyfriend, doesn´t look like she is training for a new season. I also havn´t seen her on a entry list yet. But there is also no talk about retirement. Just wondering if we will see her this season.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Lara Naki Guttman competes again this week in jgp Italy!!!! Hoping she skates so well she receives above 60 for her short program.

Eva Lotta Kiibus will be competing there too!!!! Love this girl’s performance qualities!

they did very well in their challengers, so there's hope for a good placement here

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Regarding Nebelhorn Trophy. Looks like Nicole Schott is in good shape. Seems like the worst is over regarding her injury from last season. Her SP was very solid! Maybe a Top 10 finish at Europeans is possible again? :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine Lecavelier just debuted her two new programs at the Masters de Patinage: SP and FS. Despite a couple of mistakes in the FS this is perhaps the best I've ever seen her skate in terms of technique (and that 2A+3T+2T in the FS is a stunner). With her and Mae both looking strong, and Lea Serna and Julie Froetscher both candidates for the third French spot at Europeans, we might be looking at a bit of a French renaissance there too.

Nirti

Medalist
I wonder if Maïa Mazzara will join the fight for the 3rd French spot :cool:
She won the junior event at the Masters and got more points than Serna.
And I still wish a successful comeback for Alizée Crozet, who was struggling with injuries.

May we have 6 European spots for France? :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Eva Lotta has a very good shot at the podium right now :biggrin: will she be consistent enough to take it? honestly i don't think so (and i'm hoping with all my heart she can prove me wrong), but still is a huuge improvement from last season

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Eva Lotta has a very good shot at the podium right now :biggrin: will she be consistent enough to take it? honestly i don't think so (and i'm hoping with all my heart she can prove me wrong), but still is a huuge improvement from last season

Eva Lotta was amazing!! If she’d just have landed her loop cleanly, she would probably have 60+ points for the sp. And I would be screaming with happiness. But, imo, her pcs should’ve been a bit higher.
I would love for her to win bronze tomorrow.

GlitterIce

Rinkside
Eva Lotta was amazing!! If she’d just have landed her loop cleanly, she would probably have 60+ points for the sp. And I would be screaming with happiness. But, imo, her pcs should’ve been a bit higher.
I would love for her to win bronze tomorrow.

I watched her for the first time today and really enjoyed her skating!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan

Watched her for the first time. I enjoyed her Gdansk performance. Her spins are quite nice. I'd love to see her revisit that Exogenesis program after another three years of polish.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Wow and congratulations to Alessia Tornaghi, a bronze at jgp Italy!!! Is this the first time in a long time that a ladies skater not from the “big figure skating countries” broke through and medaled?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow and congratulations to Alessia Tornaghi, a bronze at jgp Italy!!! Is this the first time in a long time that a ladies skater not from the “big figure skating countries” broke through and medaled?
The last JGP medal for a non-Russian European lady was Ira Vannut of Belgium winning a bronze at 2010 JGP Germany.